About the Site > Website Help and Rules

Bugs and things to fix

<< < (2/143) > >>

Nimphy:

--- Quote from: Sunflower on September 01, 2014, 04:36:43 PM ---Hi, Nimphy. If the "He" in "He said it all" = me, I'm actually female.   :D 
In the real world, I get that a lot too because I have a masculine first name.  Even when I use its more feminine-sounding nickname, people mispronounce it.  At Starbucks, I just tell them "Ann."

--- End quote ---

Dang! I'm so sorry... for reasons to me unknown, I tend to assume that people on the net are males until proven otherwise. The girls in the SSSS fanbase are proof, and even now I'm unsure of a lot of people's gender...

JoB:

--- Quote from: Eich on September 01, 2014, 03:31:22 PM ---I've already noticed a slight lag with posts updating, the default font color is a light gray that's kind of hard to read, and the avatar sizes are limited to be kind of small, so I'll be looking into those things for the next few days. 
If any of you find anything annoying of problematic, just tell me about it here and I'll see what I can do.

--- End quote ---
Posts, and the markup signaling new stuff (or lack thereof) in (sub)fora ...

I don't see image formats, size, or filesize limits for the avatars posted anywhere. (I started with a 200x200 PNG and quickly scaled that down to 100x100 when it came out much larger than other avatars. Which still seems to be noticeably larger than what Disqus displays on the Minnasite.)

(Edited after getting bitten right now) Got auto-logged-out while typing this, had to copy-paste into a new reply form, as hitting "post" in the old browser tab didn't work anymore. I take it that the "after 60 minutes" autologout doesn't refer to idle minutes ... ?

noako:
I feel like the forum looks a bit bland. How about a picture in top, some kind of banner?
If Minna allows it, I can see plenty material from the comic - even in the very first page, one of those scenery shots would fit perfectly up there, I think?

Eich:

--- Quote from: JoB on September 01, 2014, 05:25:21 PM ---Posts, and the markup signaling new stuff (or lack thereof) in (sub)fora ...

I don't see image formats, size, or filesize limits for the avatars posted anywhere. (I started with a 200x200 PNG and quickly scaled that down to 100x100 when it came out much larger than other avatars. Which still seems to be noticeably larger than what Disqus displays on the Minnasite.)

(Edited after getting bitten right now) Got auto-logged-out while typing this, had to copy-paste into a new reply form, as hitting "post" in the old browser tab didn't work anymore. I take it that the "after 60 minutes" autologout doesn't refer to idle minutes ... ?

--- End quote ---
If you're taking about the update lag after making a post, I think that's just something with the host I'm using.  I'm using a free host at the moment, but if the something unusual happens to the site, I plan on upgrading my account so we can get better speeds.  I've just been refreshing a lot, and that overcomes the lag problem for the time being. 
I was fiddling with the avatar sizes when you were setting up your account.  100x100 seems to fit fairly well for the purposes of the forum, I think, because we have a lot more room here than on the disqus pages.
Exactly right, you should be able to change how long you want to stay logged in for at each login, and I think you can change it permanently from your profile.  Could you check and see about that while I look into the default font color?

--- Quote from: noako on September 01, 2014, 06:13:13 PM ---I feel like the forum looks a bit bland. How about a picture in top, some kind of banner?
If Minna allows it, I can see plenty material from the comic - even in the very first page, one of those scenery shots would fit perfectly up there, I think?

--- End quote ---
I do plan on getting someone to help me out with redesigning the site.  I chose this pre-made theme because it had a good ui and a neutral enough palette to start working with.  I'll have to see whether or not I can share or give admin rights to someone so they can help out with making the place pretty.

Richard Weir:
Is there any way to fine-tune the "duplicate post" detection? I decided to start a series of threads, one for each main character, for discussion of character development. For consistency I decided to use a cut-and-paste on each O.P.s, modified to fit each person. The forum refuses, claiming I am double-posting!

For now I will go ahead but with more significantly changed text, and see if I can edit it later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version