Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 145802 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #495 on: August 23, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »
Skimming the thread in the meantime.

Ragnarok and I have noticed the occasional pm vanishing into the ether, generally these are response messages in a chain and not new messages. Is this a known issue or did we stumble onto something new?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #496 on: August 23, 2016, 08:17:47 PM »
Skimming the thread in the meantime.

Ragnarok and I have noticed the occasional pm vanishing into the ether, generally these are response messages in a chain and not new messages. Is this a known issue or did we stumble onto something new?

This actually happens to me as well, I'm not exactly sure what is happening with it, Hush was looking into it but I think some other things came up and it got pushed aside. Send her a PM, she might have a solution for you.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #497 on: August 23, 2016, 10:29:03 PM »
 But what if that pm vanishes too?  Either way I'll send it.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2016, 03:32:46 PM »
Here's a weird thing - very often the site goes offline with this error when I try to load it, especially in the morning and afternoon (European time):

It started a few days ago.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #499 on: October 22, 2016, 03:43:25 PM »
Here's a weird thing - very often the site goes offline with this error when I try to load it, especially in the morning and afternoon (European time):

It started a few days ago.

It seems to be caused by the DDoS attacks going on in the US (and some other countries) right now. (the forum is hosted on a server in the US I'm pretty sure) The admins are doing what they can. There's talk of getting the forum moved to a different server host as a possible fix, not really sure about that?
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #500 on: April 13, 2017, 06:35:28 AM »
Somehow receiving notifications via email was stopped.

In profile, I have this email notifications option:

Notify by email every time you receive a personal message: Always

But I didn't get notifications about 2 private messages from 10 April, and I saw them only today when decided to check the Forum. They weren't in Spam folder.

So, is there any chance to check and fix it?
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #501 on: April 13, 2017, 03:15:53 PM »
In profile, I have this email notifications option:
Notify by email every time you receive a personal message: Always
But I didn't get notifications about 2 private messages from 10 April, and I saw them only today when decided to check the Forum.
[temporarily activates e-mail notifications and PMs self]
[e-mail notification arrives]

Well, at least it's not SMF (the forum software) that's failing. That leaves everything between the forum's hosting's mail systems and your screen to be verified. ;) Your profile's e-mail address ist current?

Both the forum and the first mail server are in Bluehost/Unifiedlayer's address space, so that looks OK, but I have to say that I'm a bit puzzled about the envelope sender ("From_") being 'pogopros@fast27.fastdomain.com' (while the "From:" header is '"The Stand Still, Stay Silent Fan-Forum" <webmaster@ssssforum.com>') ...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:17:33 PM by JoB »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #502 on: April 14, 2017, 05:20:55 AM »
Well, thank you  :)

It seems to be okay now, I began to get notifications about new PMs yesterday.

But I still haven't got notifications about 2 messages from April, 10.
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Villainous

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #503 on: April 28, 2017, 08:17:47 PM »
Hello, if I might request a small change, it would be the banner image inbetween sections on the SSSS site.
When I page down on the site, the image also scrolls and changes in a vertiginous way. The code seems to have an JavaScript onScroll function built into it, that while cool, makes me slightly dizzy.
Part of the problem may be that I'm paging rather than scrolling, but just the same.

Incidentally, I really like the little ribbon running down both sides of the content.

Just a thought. Thank you!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #504 on: April 29, 2017, 01:07:12 AM »
Hello, if I might request a small change, it would be the banner image inbetween sections on the SSSS site.
When I page down on the site, the image also scrolls and changes in a vertiginous way. The code seems to have an JavaScript onScroll function built into it, that while cool, makes me slightly dizzy.
Part of the problem may be that I'm paging rather than scrolling, but just the same.

Incidentally, I really like the little ribbon running down both sides of the content.

Just a thought. Thank you!

Hi, Villainous. 
If you're talking about the actual SSSS comic site, I'm afraid we can't help you.  Minna Sundberg owns the comic site and runs it herself.  (I personally don't care for that kind of scrolling either, because it makes me dizzy too.)

To contact Minna, you can try either Disqus:  https://disqus.com/by/minnasundberg/  (reply to one of her comments)
 or her Twitter feed:  https://twitter.com/sssscomic.

She's also on Facebook and Tumblr too, as you can see on the comics page.

Hope that helps!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #505 on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:08 AM »
Hi helpful people! I hope this is in the right place. I just had a message from Meran ni Cuill saying "Hey Roísín, I can't get to the next page. Got grabbed off to spam. Can you let someone know please?"

Which is what I am trying to do, but unsure if I'm in the right place? Hope you can help. I'd forward the message, but not sure how to make that work either.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #506 on: May 01, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »
Hi helpful people! I hope this is in the right place. I just had a message from Meran ni Cuill saying "Hey Roísín, I can't get to the next page. Got grabbed off to spam. Can you let someone know please?"

Which is what I am trying to do, but unsure if I'm in the right place? Hope you can help. I'd forward the message, but not sure how to make that work either.

Is Meran talking about the next page of this Forum, or of the comic?  If the latter, I'm afraid we can't help.  If the former, can you ask her what the spam looks like?  (Sorry to rope you into essentially the role of a police dispatcher...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #507 on: May 01, 2017, 01:28:35 AM »
I shall ask. I'm not sure.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #508 on: May 01, 2017, 05:21:47 AM »
There's also a message on the comic's page 712:
Quote from: Meran Ni Cuil
I'm not able to get page 713. I get grabbed off to a "prize page".
Has the comic been hacked???
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #509 on: June 05, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »
It seems that there's a small problem with the thread page numbers that's recently arisen. Normally, if you want to jump to the middle of a thread with many posts (General discussion thread, for example), you can click on the ... in the numbering and it will expand to show you more numbers. Right now, the numbers aren't spaced properly; they look like this:

In addition, I can't expand the list any further. So, I can't jump to page 100, for example. Maybe this happened when the previous/next page buttons were added? Whatever the case, it's not a huge bug, but I wanted to bring someone's attention to it regardless.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!