About the Site > Website Help and Rules

Bugs and things to fix

(1/143) > >>

Eich:
Report all broken site things, bugs, and urgent problems here.

Suggest anything that might need improving or snazzing up of any kind.  Different from bugs and fixes in that these aren't urgent.

Here is what different staff groups can and can't do:

What a skald can do:
* Split threads into new topics
* Name new threads resulting from thread-splitting
* Edit any calendar event
* Merge threads
* Move threads to different boards.

What a skald can't do:
* Change or delete anyone's individual post
* Delete, lock, or unlock threads
* Sticky threads
* Add holidays to the calendar
* See or deal with anyone's PMs
* Ban/delete users
* Do major technical fixes

What a moderator can do:
* Everything a skald can do
* Lock/unlock topics
* Sticky topics
* Delete posts
* Ban/delete users
* Issue warnings to users

What a moderator can't do:
* (Anything technical)
* Add holidays to the calendar
* Add those little country flags (or any kind of imagery)
* Work with bugs/downtime/whatever
* Change the news up there
* See or deal with anyone's PMs

What an admin can do:
* Everything a mod can do
* Create new boards
* Make things visible/invisible to guests
* Add flags/smileys
* Change the news up there
* Change your login username (not the display name, you can change this on your own in your profile)
* Technical things
* Add/remove holidays to the calendar
* Edit forum site code
* Database stuff

What an admin can't do:
* This mostly depends on the admin and what their coding abilities, etc. are

Sunflower:
Changing the font color to black (or at least a darker gray) is my main wish.  But I don't want to sound ungrateful -- it was so nice of you to build this playground for us!

Nimphy:

--- Quote from: Sunflower on September 01, 2014, 03:50:35 PM ---Changing the font color to black (or at least a darker gray) is my main wish.  But I don't want to sound ungrateful -- it was so nice of you to build this playground for us!

--- End quote ---

He said everything. Also, can you do that status-thingy? Like, forum Thor, skald, Grade-A Blessed Feline...

Eich:

--- Quote from: Nimphy on September 01, 2014, 04:01:56 PM ---He said everything. Also, can you do that status-thingy? Like, forum Thor, skald, Grade-A Blessed Feline...

--- End quote ---
You can see above my avatar, there's a thing that says "Oh, look, a custom title!"  I put that up there to show everybody that there's a location you can edit in your profile settings.  You can give yourself a little title or status or something; it's purely nominal, and doesn't really affect anything, but it is fun.  You can also add things like pictures or short bits of text in your signature, if you feel like it.  Try playing around with the profile settings for a bit, and see what you can come up with.

Sunflower:
Hi, Nimphy. If the "He" in "He said it all" = me, I'm actually female.   :D 
In the real world, I get that a lot too because I have a masculine first name.  Even when I use its more feminine-sounding nickname, people mispronounce it.  At Starbucks, I just tell them "Ann."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version