Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 139954 times)

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #945 on: March 11, 2016, 02:58:41 AM »
I would love to join! I might not be able to reach 100 fics but it will be a great opportunity for me to improve on my writing  ^-^
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #946 on: March 11, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
Thanks, Yuuago! Given that info, I'm in. Poetry, hmmm? Did I mention that I'm really more of a poet than a prose writer....?

I think you might have mentioned it, yes. *_* I'd love to see fanpoetry from you.

Can I do just 30 for Script Frenzy?  100 feels like too much for me right now, but I would like to do some writing in a community setting again.

I doubt most of us will make it to 100 (and I'm including myself in this). ;p Try for 30 to start, then add more if you reach it?
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #947 on: March 11, 2016, 10:48:46 AM »
Yessss, so many people joining for our challenge, this will be awesome! Eeeeee, I want it to start now!
Yuu was right, it was easier for you to convince other people rather than me ;) It seems you'll be a lot to try this challenge ! I'm sure you'll enjoy it and will all have a lot of fun :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #948 on: March 11, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »
I doubt most of us will make it to 100 (and I'm including myself in this). ;p Try for 30 to start, then add more if you reach it?

Alrighty then, I shall try come April!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #949 on: March 13, 2016, 05:25:41 PM »
Apparently I hate myself. Okay. I'm in.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Fogtreader

« Reply #950 on: March 18, 2016, 02:37:43 AM »
I'll be a casual participant. This gave me some inspiration, but I will blur the rules. 

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #951 on: March 18, 2016, 05:09:48 PM »
I would like to participate! I'll probably never make it to 100, but I'm going to try, because I'm stubborn like that.
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #952 on: March 30, 2016, 08:48:18 PM »
So people, getting ready for Camp NaNo? Once april roll in, I'm gonna try to sit on #ssss_writers as much as possible (except when I'm sleeping and/or at work) so if you want some writing company you can drop by! We can do wordsprints, talk about ideas, maybe give eachother some plotbunnies if we need to, or just idle in the company of eachother as we work on our projects.

I'm so excited about getting to start this challenge!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #953 on: March 30, 2016, 10:46:05 PM »
I... have a confession to make. I kind of started early. But-but-but even just looking at some of the prompts was enough to make ideas pop in, and I already had the whole thing written out in my head anyway, and I won't post it until the start date, I promise!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:10:06 PM by Lazy8 »
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #954 on: March 30, 2016, 11:24:21 PM »
I... have a confession to make. I kind of started early. But-but-but even just looking at some of the prompts was enough to make ideas pop in, and I already had the whole thing written out in my head anyway, and I won't post it until the start date, I promise!

I've been making a point of not looking at the list, because I just know that if I did, I'd end up starting early, ahaha...
Oh well, as long as it isn't posted early, good enough. ;p

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #955 on: March 31, 2016, 05:05:36 AM »
So people, getting ready for Camp NaNo? Once april roll in, I'm gonna try to sit on #ssss_writers as much as possible (except when I'm sleeping and/or at work) so if you want some writing company you can drop by! We can do wordsprints, talk about ideas, maybe give eachother some plotbunnies if we need to, or just idle in the company of eachother as we work on our projects.

I'm so excited about getting to start this challenge!
As said last time, I won't do Camp NaNo. My new projects aren't ready to be written, and I have a few things on which I must focus. But I can still come and say hi and encourage the persons who will do it :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Asterales

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #956 on: March 31, 2016, 02:28:10 PM »
Well, it's the 1st over here... so here is something super short. I don't have much hope for my responses to get any longer, to be quite honest.
This is really difficult in English. I keep wondering if my sentences make sense and the grammar is correct or whether I have messed up with the meaning of a word, or the sentence structure or if the whole thing just makes your tongue trip up and spew out the words like something disgusting :-\

Anyway, I've got no idea where to dump this. If this isn't the right place, just tell me, please!
Spoiler: 52.Deep in Thought (Though judging form the result it might just as well have been 30.Under the Rain) • show

Removed to here
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:28:14 PM by Asterales »
Native :germany:
Pretty alright :uk:
Not used for longer than learned :spain: :france:
Getting better :japan:
Rather awful :china:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #957 on: March 31, 2016, 03:41:14 PM »
Well, it's the 1st over here... so here is something super short. I don't have much hope for my responses to get any longer, to be quite honest.
This is really difficult in English. I keep wondering if my sentences make sense and the grammar is correct or whether I have messed up with the meaning of a word, or the sentence structure or if the whole thing just makes your tongue trip up and spew out the words like something disgusting :-\

Anyway, I've got no idea where to dump this. If this isn't the right place, just tell me, please!
Spoiler: 52.Deep in Thought (Though judging form the result it might just as well have been 30.Under the Rain) • show

Day 2

Grey washed into grey at the horizon, the daylight dying an unnoticed death, hidden from the human eye by clouds, heavy and thick, pressing down onto the mountains sides.
Undiminished. Endless.
Droplets burst and sprayed up as fine mist. Gusts of wind ripped apart the waves’ white crowns and whipped them up and over the haven’s small pier.
Aksel watched the water’s rapid descent, the paths it left sluicing over the cool window pane touching his forehead and cheek.
The single drops were indistinguishable. They hit and vanished, as if they had never been.
There was a web of lines, arching and spreading over the smooth surface of the glass.
In the next moment, the pattern changed. Aksel lifted his head.
Light streamed past him and merged the shadow with the rest of the luminous pane.
Berit Eide looked up when her grandson sighed. “What is it, my Dear?”
“Oh, nothing.” Aksel looked in the direction of the window once more. “It’s like the end of the world out there.” Then he brightened. “But I am glad you are here! You’ll see, I’ll take good care of you! And you won’t need to worry about catching the rash illness anymore!”
Berit Eide looked towards the ceiling with a barely suppressed sigh, but the small smile on her lips was the only thing Aksel needed to see to know he had done the right thing. He sat next to her on the couch. He would take such good care of her! And he was glad she trusted him to keep her safe. Even though she had brought the Devil.
The Devil was not safe.
“Aksel, don't stare at Lucifer that way. You know he doesn't like it. He will scratch you again.”

No need to worry about the length, after all, there's no minimum/maximum for that. Also, your grammar and so on looks fine - I didn't see anything that looked incorrect. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I don't think it was ever agreed on where to post the results of the 100-fic challenge. (Does anybody else have any thoughts on that?)

Anyway AHH I'm always so happy to see more stuff with the prologue folks < 3 So I'm very happy to see that you wrote something with them. (Oh, Aksel, I love him. And he seems very much like himself here.)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #958 on: March 31, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »
I don't think it was ever agreed on where to post the results of the 100-fic challenge. (Does anybody else have any thoughts on that?)

I'm going to be posting on ff.net \o/ What we did agree on what that we didn't really need to post them anywhere unless we wanted to, so... I dunno, post wherever you want! The scriptorium maybe?
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #959 on: March 31, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
I'm going to be posting on ff.net \o/ What we did agree on what that we didn't really need to post them anywhere unless we wanted to, so... I dunno, post wherever you want! The scriptorium maybe?

SSSS & aRTD Scriptoriums sounds like a good place, especially since there is no end date for this challenge, so lots of people (including me) will probably be working on it long after Camp NaNo is over. : D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:38:44 PM by Yuuago »