Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 139973 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #915 on: November 30, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »
And, at half an hour of the end of November here, I FINISHED MY NOVEL ! :D *End of the auto-congratulation moment for her second NaNo's goal. Authorizes herself to fall on her bed, arms open. Tired. Happy*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #916 on: November 30, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »
And, at half an hour of the end of November here, I FINISHED MY NOVEL ! :D *End of the auto-congratulation moment for her second NaNo's goal. Authorizes herself to fall on her bed, arms open. Tired. Happy*

Have a good sleep, dear Mélu. ;p And congratulations! Double NaNo is a super accomplishment.

I wrote 200 words at lunch today, so that means I'm officially over the 20k mark, which was double my original 10k goal. I'm happy.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #917 on: November 30, 2015, 05:52:52 PM »

Yay! Everyone of my characters is dead I mean I finished the story!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #918 on: November 30, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »

Dibs on being a beta reader
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #919 on: November 30, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »
Have a good sleep, dear Mélu. ;p And congratulations! Double NaNo is a super accomplishment.

I wrote 200 words at lunch today, so that means I'm officially over the 20k mark, which was double my original 10k goal. I'm happy.
Thank and congratulations for doubling your original goal, Yuu :D That's a victory too !

And congratulations Laufey ! :D For finishing your story, of course, not for having all your characters dead.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #920 on: November 30, 2015, 07:03:48 PM »

That's awesome, congratulations!

Congratulations Laufey!  Poor characters.  I guess they can haunt your novel next year.

I stopped writing after 30k because no ideas were working, but at least I broke my habit of only writing a tiny amount at the beginning of the month and not getting past a few thousand words.  I consider that successful.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #921 on: November 30, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »
Ooh, congratulations everyone! I sort of gave up on writing this month after I finished my story...I stopped at a little under 30k. But hey, I FINISHED MY NOVEL!!!! Well, the first draft. Getting it into a fit state to be read is another matter...but I can start that in December maybe.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #922 on: December 01, 2015, 02:16:31 AM »
Congratulations to all of you! No matter if you surrendered to the pressure, didn't reach the goal or reached twice the goal you're still a winner!

I ended up at a neat 78k, but my story is still far from finished... Will I be able to keep going or will it rest until next NaNo again? HOPEFULLY NOT because I already know what story I want to write next year!

Also, to those of you who did manage to finish your story: How do you do it?! This is my fourth year and I've never been done by the end of the month xD
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

« Reply #923 on: December 01, 2015, 04:04:44 AM »
Thank and congratulations Jethan :) 30000 words, it's already a lot !
And congratulations Kiraly for you finished novel ! :D
Windfighter, I told you several times but congratulations too ;) How to finish ? Well, I wrote more than twice the goal because my second goal was to finish during the NaNo ? Maybe by having a long story but cut in several parts ? I worked on my part two this November. If your story is SO long, maybe you can cut it too ?

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #924 on: December 01, 2015, 06:14:46 AM »
I don't think I can cut it... I might have been able to cut it around what was supposed to be the middle point, but they still haven't reached that place and they've already started with things they weren't supposed to do until after that point xD *sigh* 130k words in and eventhough they are moving in the right direction everything is going wrong!

Anyway, enough about that! I was wondering if anyone wanted to continue having writing sessions in the ssss writers-chat. It's mostly been me and Nimphy this month, but it helped me a lot with writing and it would be fun to continue with it. We can do word wars, sprints, prompt writing or just keep eachother company while we work at editing our drafts or writing other stories. Details can be worked out later, I'm just curious if anyone would be even the slightest interested :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

P__

« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
Confettilations to everyone who finished their novel / won the NaNo / did a good job!
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mélusine

« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2015, 11:46:20 AM »
It can be interesting, Windfighter, but I'll have a few weeks before going back to *Shivers* revise my novel...

Confettilations to everyone who finished their novel / won the NaNo / did a good job!
So, congratulations to you too, P__, for joining the NaNo for your first time !

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who did NaNo this year - and special congratulations to our winners!
Personally, I didn't reach 50.000 words because I didn't manage to organize enough writing time. But I reached my personal goals: I wrote over 40.000 words and finished my story, so I'm happy too. :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Mélusine

« Reply #928 on: December 01, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »
Congratulations for you finished story, Fen Shen ! :D

It's the first evening I'm not writing and writing and writing, and it's... strange ?

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #929 on: December 01, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »
Yes, it's strange for me too, but it is also my first evening back in the forum, so that keeps it even :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat: