Author Topic: Korean (한글) !  (Read 2606 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Korean (한글) !
« on: May 23, 2016, 10:34:34 PM »
Sooo I have a little over two months to cram in learning some Korean before moving over there to teach EFL, and I thought starting a thread might be useful for anyone else around interested in Korean or who might know some good recources :3 I'll be sure to share and post any good resources and what not that I find ~
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:22:46 PM by Juniper »

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
Re: Korean ! 한국어
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »
주니패르, 안녕하세요!

나의 한국어가 좋 은 없어요.  u_u  그러나, 멤라이스가 나를 도움헤서. (?)

(I'm not sure about that...  "Memrise helps me!"  Also, so do all the other Minnions learning Korean!  ^_^)
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:54:19 PM »
So far in the various different Korean language learning websites I've been trying out, this one has been my favorite and the most useful. All the other websites would teach the letters and vocabulary separate which was giving me issues, but I like that this gives some new vocabulary words and a discussion on grammar to go with each new letter or thing introduced which makes remembering things easier for me to have it broken up like this instead of just letters, then just vocabulary, then just grammar. I feel like I'm making more progress with this too, it's more like my Arabic textbook that sectioned off things with some letters, some vocab, and some grammar with each new unit and that was really efficient for me. 

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »
Excuse the double post, but I found another really great resource for learning Korean ! It's by an accredited University in Korea and has video classes in English and Mandarin that not only teach the Korean language pretty quickly and effectively but also explore Korean culture a bit. I highly recommend this maybe after you've gotten solid in the basics / the Hangul writing system with the last link I shared  :V

EDIT: I should specify for that link because the site might be a bit confusing that the specific resource I'm talking about is this playlist (although if you go through that channel's playlist they also have introductory videos in Mandarin, and I believe I saw some in Spanish somewhere around there but don't quote me on that)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:26:41 AM by Juniper »

ginger

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 06:30:04 PM »
Excuse the double post, but I found another really great resource for learning Korean ! It's by an accredited University in Korea and has video classes in English and Mandarin that not only teach the Korean language pretty quickly and effectively but also explore Korean culture a bit. I highly recommend this maybe after you've gotten solid in the basics / the Hangul writing system with the last link I shared  :V

Ooooh, delightful! I hope that Korea is treating you well, and it's lovely to hear that you're progressing and finding great resources in your Korean! I'd definitely love to pick up some Korean when I have the time, so thank you ever so much for sharing! <3
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 12:32:33 AM »
Ooooh, delightful! I hope that Korea is treating you well, and it's lovely to hear that you're progressing and finding great resources in your Korean! I'd definitely love to pick up some Korean when I have the time, so thank you ever so much for sharing! <3

Oh man yeah I totally recommend learning Korean ! The Hangul writing system is incredibly logical and easy to learn because it was actually designed by King Sejong (also known as Sejong the Great) during the 14th century because he noticed an incredibly high rate of illiteracy among the Korean people at the time and a lot of people were suffering because of their illiteracy, mostly because they were still using the Chinese writing system at the time which was too complicated to learn if you were part of the working class and didn't have the time, so he created a new writing system that was as easy to learn as he could make it so that everyone could obtain literacy. It took me maybe about a week if even that to have all the letters down and at least be able to read Hangul even if I don't understand what a lot of the words are quite yet.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:55:49 AM by Juniper »

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: Korean (한글) !
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »
Today is a national holiday in Korea celebrating Hangul, so, happy Hangul day everyone !! Celebrate by maybe teaching yourself a few letters or words in Hangul  ;D

Sir.Orc

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
This is great! Thanks for posting!
The world's gone mad, Oh yes it's true
But I care not, for I'm mad too!

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 01:26:03 PM »
I only recently started learning Hangul, but thank you for sharing these! I'm hoping to get into this program where the US government tries to send US high school students to different countries over the summer or during the school year to learn languages they deem to be "critical," and I'm applying for the Korean program. So I've been trying to get a head start on learning Korean!
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: