Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146499 times)

Rha

Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2015, 04:11:49 AM »
I saw free and pokemon, what?

Also, I am going insane, got my confirmation call that I can go get my limited edition Majora's Mask New 3DS (xl) and I cannot wait~ <3

Uohh, lucky! It looks amazing btw, and the material is smooth, doesn't look like it will lose color (like other handhelds did <_<). I don't know where you're from, but did you get the skullkid figurine with it?
Fluent
:spain:

:netherlands:

:usa:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »
Uohh, lucky! It looks amazing btw, and the material is smooth, doesn't look like it will lose color (like other handhelds did <_<). I don't know where you're from, but did you get the skullkid figurine with it?

Losing color? How do you mean? I have the Animal Crossing 3DSXL that came out... two? years ago and it still looks as pretty as the day I opened the box.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
Someone in the chat requested a screenshot of my SSSS-themed civilization game a long long time ago. And so, here it is:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2015, 03:58:20 PM »
Someone in the chat requested a screenshot of my SSSS-themed civilization game a long long time ago. And so, here it is:

OMG this is all kinds of amazing <3

Ammerynth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »

Those are all great names, but Lallifornia is definitely my favourite. I actually laughed, not just the 'breathe a little harder out of my nose' but a real laugh!

I haven't seen Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 mentioned, has anyone ever played/heard of either of them? My dad got GW1 when it was first released(I think 2005?) and it was the first online game I ever played. It's been very inactive for the past few years, but GW2 is one of my favourite games now.
Native: :uk:
Learning: :france: :sweden:
Survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2015, 05:54:59 PM »
I haven't seen Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 mentioned, has anyone ever played/heard of either of them? My dad got GW1 when it was first released(I think 2005?) and it was the first online game I ever played. It's been very inactive for the past few years, but GW2 is one of my favourite games now.

The original Guild Wars was the first MMO I played legitimately (i.e. not on a private server)... I think eventually I ggot all the expansion packs, but I never really had any friends play, so as I got busier I didn't really keep up with it.

I've heard good things about Guild Wars 2, but it's a bit pricey for me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »
OMG this is all kinds of amazing <3
Thanks cap'n Solo, you're most best :3

Those are all great names, but Lallifornia is definitely my favourite. I actually laughed, not just the 'breathe a little harder out of my nose' but a real laugh!
Hehe, thanks. I felt like such a genius when I thought of it. The option was Lallihammer (after the Norwegian city Lillehammer) and Emilano (after Milano).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:09:52 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Ammerynth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2015, 06:26:11 PM »
The original Guild Wars was the first MMO I played legitimately (i.e. not on a private server)... I think eventually I ggot all the expansion packs, but I never really had any friends play, so as I got busier I didn't really keep up with it.

I've heard good things about Guild Wars 2, but it's a bit pricey for me.
I didn't know anyone else who played it, but I was totally happy playing on my own since I was so young. I had all of the expanison packs too, but I never actually finished any of them. It's not really designed for solo playthroughs.

There was actually a sale on Guild wars 2 a couple of weeks ago, it was ~10 USD I think, because there was an expansion announcement. When I bought it in 2013 I think it was half price, it was still a little expensive but I was allowed to get it because there's no monthly fee.(yay for Arenanet!) It really is great fun though, definitely worth at least what I paid for it - if you can stand the painful first few character levels, which don't take much time to get past.
Native: :uk:
Learning: :france: :sweden:
Survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Rha

« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2015, 05:29:32 AM »
Losing color? How do you mean? I have the Animal Crossing 3DSXL that came out... two? years ago and it still looks as pretty as the day I opened the box.
I remember some handhelds doing that (not all), I had a gba SP that lost color really fast.
Fluent

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »
I remember some handhelds doing that (not all), I had a gba SP that lost color really fast.
Really? How does it happen? Is it the usual "exposed to the elements" thing, or...

Well, I've have to see how long my Pokemon X and Y 3DSXL lasts.
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2015, 01:31:45 PM »
I want the new 3DS so badly (I don't have a 3DS yet, so it won't be a waste for me) but ever since I bought a PS2 and got a glitchy one because I bought it "too early" (apparently early release systems tend to be buggy?) I've been afraid to buy early release systems. So I'm trying so hard to wait a while for them to find and work out the bugs. But oh, it's hard. I want to buy Tales of the Abyss, Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Rune Factory 4, and (coming soon) Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. PAIN.

Also, has anyone who has played Lufia 2 also played Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals? Can someone tell me if they are basically the same game or if Lufia: Curse of the Sinstrals is a different game, and if it is different, if it sucks? Because I loved Lufia 2 and want to play it on a portable console so much. So much.

Gah, I need to drag out my Golden Sun and start playing it again.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »
I want the new 3DS so badly (I don't have a 3DS yet, so it won't be a waste for me) but ever since I bought a PS2 and got a glitchy one because I bought it "too early" (apparently early release systems tend to be buggy?) I've been afraid to buy early release systems. So I'm trying so hard to wait a while for them to find and work out the bugs. But oh, it's hard. I want to buy Tales of the Abyss, Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Rune Factory 4, and (coming soon) Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. PAIN.
Hmm, I bought a 3DS in one of the earlier production runs and it's been glitch-free as far as I've been able to tell. I'm pretty sure the few faults there were (if any ever existed) have been sorted out by now.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2015, 01:49:05 PM »
Gah, I need to drag out my Golden Sun and start playing it again.
Golden Suuuuuun!  :D
Gosh, that game was soooo good.  It made up a significant chunk of my childhood.  Music, style, gameplay, all just great.
Feel free to PM.

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2015, 02:18:14 PM »
Hmm, I bought a 3DS in one of the earlier production runs and it's been glitch-free as far as I've been able to tell. I'm pretty sure the few faults there were (if any ever existed) have been sorted out by now.
I want it so much. :o I still think it's silly the new one doesn't come with a charger, though. I mean, come on.

Golden Suuuuuun!  :D
Gosh, that game was soooo good.  It made up a significant chunk of my childhood.  Music, style, gameplay, all just great.
-bounces- Yes! Yes! It is so fun. I'm playing it on my DS lite as I type (yay for doubling as a GBA). I just love that you can pull stuff from Golden Sun and use it on Golden Sun: The Lost Age, too. I'm planning to buy Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (which I don't own yet) soon as well to complete the collection, but I'm determined to finish a run of both the GBA games before I buy the DS game. Let's see if I can pull off the self-control or not, mwahah.

Rha

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
Really? How does it happen? Is it the usual "exposed to the elements" thing, or...

Well, I've have to see how long my Pokemon X and Y 3DSXL lasts.
I don't think that 3ds is going to lose color, I have it too the material is totally different. The SP lost color through usage, your own sweat would make it lose color .-.
Fluent