Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146467 times)

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #615 on: September 13, 2016, 01:38:57 AM »
I know I'm about four years late to the Journey party, but I just played through it about three times and my god is it beautiful. I went into it knowing nothing other than there was major hype about it a few years ago and you were a little dude in the desert. As such, I had no idea there was an online function and spent the whole first playthrough thinking some poor guy was a npc. Then I got to the the companions met along the way part at the end and felt kinda bad since I ditched one of them at one point... but yeah no it's great. If you live under a rock like me and haven't played it and also have a PS plus membership, it's free all month in the playstation store! Go get it. Go.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #616 on: September 13, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
Happy 15th anniversary to Ace Combat 4, the only PS2 Ace Combat I still have yet to play. I turned down buying you for a copy of Ace Combat Zero that still had the instruction manual. I regret nothing.
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Native: :usa:
Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2016, 01:25:20 PM »
This webcomic convinced me to pick up Skyrim again... this must be the fifth time I've resumed playing that game.

I installed a bunch of mods altering combat and now die regularly to enemies instead of every once in a while.

Perfect. Does anyone know what the Remastered Edition's requirements will be? I want to know if I should install the upgrade right when it comes out, or wait for a computer that won't be turned into a toaster by it.

Did you just say Skyrim because that game is my life
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »
Did you just say Skyrim because that game is my life

Well no, I didn't just say Skyrim, I said it a week ago. I still haven't beaten it yet because I keep getting distracted by other things about halfway through :V

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2016, 07:11:08 PM »
Well no, I didn't just say Skyrim, I said it a week ago. I still haven't beaten it yet because I keep getting distracted by other things about halfway through :V

Kill ALL the cliffracers... wait wrong province.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Athena

« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »

>.> Im slow at replying to topics ok

I bought the Dawnguard DLC on the summer sale so I've been neglecting the main questline to slay vampires instead ::)

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #621 on: September 13, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »
>.> Im slow at replying to topics ok

I bought the Dawnguard DLC on the summer sale so I've been neglecting the main questline to slay vampires instead ::)

I bought the Legendary Edition last Christmas, so I already have all the DLCs.

Athena

Valerre

• pronounced Va-lair
« Reply #623 on: October 12, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »
As a number of you, I'm sure, I've been a gamer all my life (started when I was a little 2-year old). I learned to read playing Zelda games and have a number of nostalgic attachments to N64, Super Nintendo, NES, and Gamecube titles. I remember my brother had eye surgery when he was in kindergarten and had patches over his eyes for a month. His only request was that I played Ocarina of Time so that he could listen to the music and sound effects. So I have an lot of memories of playing that game. <3

My dad also played a lot of video games with us growing up--including the Zelda franchise, Mario games, and even League of Legends when I went off to college (he only played for a month or two, but he impressively remembers all of the champions despite that being a number of years ago now).

Nowadays, I play mostly online games to stay connected with friends. Most of my buddies have moved on from League and now play primarily Overwatch or Hearthstone (though I myself don't care for Hearthstone much these days). Recently I finished Banner Saga 2 and just about cried from the enjoyment I got out of that game. I need to finish my first run-through of Stardew Valley and revisit games like Dungeon Defenders 2 or any number of my underplayed Steam games (Humble Bundles are both a blessing and a curse).

Additionally, I started working on learning to speed run Paper Mario (N64) this summer but I'm finding that I might pick a shorter game to run for now. Might consider the Ocarina of time run since it's sub-20 minutes.
Native::usa:
Fluentish: :spain:
Learning: :vaticancity: :japan: Hawaiian
On my bucket list: :portugal:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #624 on: October 17, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »
Hey guys I just want to let you know that Ubisoft is giving Beyond Good and Evil away for free for the next month or so. It's a really good game.
The catch (of course) is that you have to sign up to a uplay account to get it and use their uplay program to play.

This video covers many things that make it interesting and it's also a fun game to play.
Pretentious? Moi?

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #625 on: October 22, 2016, 04:21:09 PM »
Dunno how to say this but.......has anyone seen a boss around here? I lost mine but he left his healthbar and soundtrack though. If found please tell him to head back to the throne room please.  :'D

Spoiler: show

[spoiler]Reloading the game fixed it though but this is the first time the boss didn't spawn at all.
[/spoiler]
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Athena

« Reply #626 on: November 20, 2016, 02:06:44 AM »
So, Overwatch is free for the weekend. Just spent a few hours playing with my friends - tons of fun! I think my favourite character is Ana.

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #627 on: November 20, 2016, 08:58:43 PM »
So, Overwatch is free for the weekend. Just spent a few hours playing with my friends - tons of fun! I think my favourite character is Ana.
I was trying to play it, only it's hard to play with my trackpad and the one mouse I could likely use is broken. :-\ Hoping I can figure something out, though, because it sounds really fun and most of my friends are really into it.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #628 on: December 03, 2016, 06:57:23 PM »
I was trying to play it, only it's hard to play with my trackpad and the one mouse I could likely use is broken. :-\ Hoping I can figure something out, though, because it sounds really fun and most of my friends are really into it.

>trackpad

Why would you willingly do this to yourself? Pretty much any game that uses the mouse to aim/steer is hell with a trackpad.

Plenty of fantastic trailers at this year's PlayStation Experience, but this is the one thing I'm truly hyped for.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:59:16 PM by VibratingText »

Athena

« Reply #629 on: December 23, 2016, 12:17:50 AM »
The Steam Winter Sale started today!! I got INSIDE (sequel to LIMBO), Antichamber, and Life is Strange. I spent most of the evening playing Life Is Strange, so now I'm pretty much finished chapter 1. Amazing game! And I got all 5 chapters for only $5 thanks to the sale. I love the art style and the music and the storyline and WOW ;D