Author Topic: 12 Days of Christmas Event 2023  (Read 2417 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Event 2023
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2024, 01:58:15 PM »
JoB, good thinking! I’m envisioning it’s a rope which when pulled, rings a bell in the kitchen. The Lord did instruct the service to be prepared to in person, but the rope is just a rope.

Wave, speaking of names, I spent an inordinate amount of time coming up with the names again! And I still reused both Rowan and Émile, although I hope it’s very clear they are not the same Rowan and Émile as the members of the theater troop.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2024, 06:34:27 PM »
re JoB's lottery analysis: bwahahahaha PERFECT! Headcanon accepted

re the ringing of the bell - You're displaying some genre savvy there.  Like Poirot's mustaches and Holmes deerstalker cap, may we now add JoB's megaphone...
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2024, 01:23:46 AM »

Welcome one and all to the 12th (and final) Day of Christmas for the year!  It is with great delight that I leave with with this last treat by Gwenno, drawing from the deep well of Phandom!  As Gwenno says:

"Here are the JeffsCheths from the webcomic Phantomarine having fun playing boardgames (a common boxing day tradition for many families around here). Phantomarine was our comic of the month back in June 2022, and seems to have quite a few Minnions following it still  :) "

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2024, 01:32:06 AM »
 :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

As well as Gwenno, may i also thank our other contributors for this 12 Days event (in no particular order):  thegreyarea, Sol, Róisín, dmeck7755, Keep Looking, gjuerne, tehta, and last but not least Jitter (who took on a double assignment!) !!!

Spoiler: modesty prevents • show
(and me, I guess, but one does not speak of oneself in the third person without some awkwardness)

Contributors and consumers alike, please give me feedback on the event, thanks.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2024, 07:04:34 AM »
Gwenno, I love the Jeffs and the lightning / background is lovely! I am one of the avid followers of Phantomarine, so thank you also for Linebyline for presenting it as a comic of the month!

Wave, the event’s execution was perfect as always. I think the new format starting from Christmas Eve is good, the run up to Christmas is very busy for many of us, and the Secret Santa event is also running prior to Christmas. And  YoinkTober isn’t that far behind either in late November or early December. So, the later timing works better, and divides the content for a longer period for the audience too.

As for the murder mystery, I already confirmed JoB’s assumption it is possible that the ringing may have been by someone else than Lord Torquil himself. On Wave’s musings I would like to point out that Ms Felicity has… we don’t know what. Disappeared? Been hurt? Left? Gone missing? Lalli thinks Rowan is about to say she has been killed, but he wakes up before so maybe it’s something else?

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2024, 07:17:59 AM »
Wave, thank you for coming up with this new event and I agree that the timing is good!

As for the last 3 works that I caught up on just now - Wave, yours definitely made me laugh! Jitter - tragically we will never know the answer to this murder mystery, but I suppose Lalli is very grateful of that fact! And Gwenno, what a wonderful artwork to round off the event!

Thanks to everyone who participated and a happy new year to all!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

dmeck7755

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2024, 09:38:10 AM »
Gwenno,

Love the Cheths and the art.  I am also a huge fan of Phantomarine.  I am glad linebyline had presented it also.

I have not had time to read the murder mystery yet.  (Ton's of after hours work)

So far, I have loved all of the submissions and thank you
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2024, 12:11:15 PM »
I also think the timing was good and although I didn't contribute I've read all the contributions with pleasure.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2024, 05:30:28 PM »
I'm glad that everyone's enjoying JeffCheth's holiday traditions  ;D

Thanks to everyone who's been filling the 12 days with such wonderful content, and an especially big thanks to Wave for organising it all! It's been a delight to have these little treats every day  ^-^

I agree that the timing of the event worked well. It was much easier to find time to create something after Christmas itself, and it's nice to have festivities continuing after the holiday and have something to look forward to still!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 05:35:26 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2024, 05:41:05 PM »
Jitter - tragically we will never know the answer to this murder mystery, but I suppose Lalli is very grateful of that fact!

WWHHAAAAT say it ain't so? Of course we want to read more!

ummm, assuming Jitter is willing to continue )T T(  (<- lame attempt at finger-pointing emoji)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 05:43:30 PM by wavewright62 »

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2024, 06:38:00 AM »
Well, Emil has woken up, so the dream may be gone? But I may be willing to respond to questions or suggestions  >:D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 08:24:31 AM by Jitter »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2024, 01:30:10 PM »
Well, Emil has woken up, so the dream may be gone?
“Don’t. You. Dare. Do. This. To. Me. Again. NEVER again! You hear me?” Lalli was hissing between his teeth.
“What did I do? I was sleeping! I didn’t do anything!” Emil protested. But Lalli was already gone. As was Emil’s current book, an exciting story by an apparently famous old world writer Agatha Christie.
Headcanon 1: From now on, Lalli will hand Emil a different book on a completely perpendicular subject every evening, so as to prevent any kind of consistent "plot" forming across several nights' dreams.
Headcanon 2: When visiting Iceland a couple years later, Emil narrowly escapes imprisonment at the Academy of Seiður, whose staff is very eager to study "the most diverse and intensive prophetic dreams ever" in excruciating detail.
Headcanon 3: While cleaning up the resulting mess, Icelandic police arrests the dean's butler for the murder of a certain Lord V​estvað.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2024, 04:29:11 PM »
Haha, I love your headcanons, particularly 3). This doesn’t happen every time Emil reads, but often enough for Lalli to have set him rules on bedtime reading. But the rule is to not read something that is so engrossing it will cause Dreams, and the problem is that it’s hard for Emil to tell beforehand. And sometimes the book is just so good that he reads anyways.

Usually these are fabrications of Emil’s brain just set in the milieu of the book (with the exception of the one when they were in Moria which I can’t find right now) so the murderer can’t be worked out by checking all of Dame Agatha’s works :) Or actually it probably needs Lalli too for the dream ro be so coherent, but mostly it’s in Emil’s mind. Or perhaps his dreampace?