Author Topic: WIP Me into Finishing This Art  (Read 6988 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
WIP Me into Finishing This Art
« on: March 27, 2021, 09:58:08 AM »
I've seen two art threads, one for SSSS, one for everything else.

basically, post your unfinished and abandoned works here and we'll kick each other in the butt until it's done.

Spoiler: My current WIP: • show

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:18:59 PM by wavewright62 »

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
Re: Abandoned Art Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »
Ok so is it about actual abandoned art (stuff that one has definitively given up on finishing) or about WIP? Because they are, to me, different things, and the title suggests one while the content suggests the other

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 11:08:00 AM »
Ok so is it about actual abandoned art (stuff that one has definitively given up on finishing) or about WIP? Because they are, to me, different things, and the title suggests one while the content suggests the other

id say both, but i picked the title for alliteration.
should i change? Abandoned and WIP art thread?

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 12:50:54 PM »
id say both, but i picked the title for alliteration.
should i change? Abandoned and WIP art thread?

I support this change, it's always good to have titles that describe the thread well, and it helps people know they might have something to contribute to it.

By the way, your WIP looks really cute, good luck with it!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: WIP Me into Finishing This Art
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 04:21:13 PM »
I sincerely hope you don't mind me presto-change-o changing the name of the thread, Kitty. 
I seen your image through a couple of developments now, and think you're well on your way.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 04:53:37 PM »
Kitty, I am on board with the creation of this thread.  I think all of us have some WIPs rattling like Rashed skeletons in our files. 
This one was an illustration from 2017 for one of my own SSSS fanfics, a fix-it fic called Gefjon.
This one technically isn't a WIP, because I finished it.  However, I did it in oil pastels (my first attempt in decades using those) and totally, totally ruined it - it has not nor will not see the light of day.  For some reason I took a photo of the pencils, though.  I could, in theory, now import it into the drawing program I've been using, make a transparent layer and trace the figures (I have a new toy, a Cintiq, with a pen!), then proceed to work it digitally.

It's under a spoiler for a naked butt.  Better safe than sorry.
Spoiler: from the file named Gefjon pencils before i ruined it • show

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 05:01:13 PM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

tzelly

• Preferred pronouns: She/They
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 05:15:16 PM »
Oh man, this is a great idea! I have a mountain of WIP stuff I need to get done. With depression, executive dysfunction, and just not enough hours in a day, I could use the motivation/feedback.
Once i figure out how to post images I'll share.

Both your art looks so good! Keep it up!

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 07:30:50 PM »

Started this a while ago, I think it was around the time the second adventure started in the comic, but lost steam when it came to referencing Lalli's new outfit. Not sure if I'll ever finish it but maybe it can provide some enjoyment even in this form.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 08:08:34 PM »
You have always done a very good line in atmospherics, Sc0ut!  this is no exception, and works as is.  His Adv. 2 outfit is closer to his magespace outfit anyway.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 10:01:07 PM »
Wave - a digital redo sounds like an interesting idea, if you're thinking of approaching it again.

Sc0ut - I'm glad you shared it even though you might not finish it. It's really striking.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 10:44:00 PM »
However, I did it in oil pastels (my first attempt in decades using those) and totally, totally ruined it - it has not nor will not see the light of day.  For some reason I took a photo of the pencils, though.  I could, in theory, now import it into the drawing program I've been using, make a transparent layer and trace the figures (I have a new toy, a Cintiq, with a pen!), then proceed to work it digitally.
I copy all my pencil drawings, because one of the kids likes coloring, and if i keep aditional copys, I can try out everything and redo as often, as I want.
The only problem with this approach is my wife forbids to recycle any of the drawings. So we have loads of crappy drawings.

catbirds

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 10:44:37 PM »
Oh, no, if there's a thread about unfinished art, then I'll just post all of the things I haven't finished and never get any of them done :'D (In my defence, I've been having difficulty adapting to digital art)

Sc0ut - I love your use of colours! The streak of red light reflecting on the snow is so cool, I hope you finish it someday! (It still looks good even now though)

Wave - haha, oil pastels are pretty difficult, aren't they? You should try a digital redo, though! Or even redo it from scratch on paper. And then show us because I'm curious as to what the context of their dancing is! Sometimes, starting over helps somehow :>?

Kitty - you're pretty close to finishing! The person looks adorable! Just make it through the final colouring stretch....

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 06:57:58 AM »
I sincerely hope you don't mind me presto-change-o changing the name of the thread, Kitty. 
I seen your image through a couple of developments now, and think you're well on your way.

aaaa thanks Wave, I was busy yesterday <3 Also thanks for the compliment, too

Oh man, this is a great idea! I have a mountain of WIP stuff I need to get done. With depression, executive dysfunction, and just not enough hours in a day, I could use the motivation/feedback.
Once i figure out how to post images I'll share.

Both your art looks so good! Keep it up!

What I do is upload the image on Discord (other sites can be used too!) and then go ! Hope that helps!!

Scout - I love the use of color!!! And it looks super soft. I like when art looks soft, like in impressionism <3

Wave - your poses look amazing!!! <3 Keep up the good work!

Mored, Catbirds, feel free to post here <3 <3 <3 Thanks for support!!!

tzelly

• Preferred pronouns: She/They
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 04:44:43 PM »
Thanks Kitty, that dose help!

Alright, this WIP is a bit different but still something I've been struggling with finishing for about a month now. My biggest weakness is backgrounds, they just suck the life out of me. But I am so happy with how this has turned out so far and any advice anyone has I would be most grateful.
(its Dark Souls 3 fan art, if fan art of other franchises are not ok let me know and I can remove it)

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:46:17 PM by tzelly »

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2021, 06:08:33 PM »
Tzelly, this is in the General board so any art is ok. Fanart for other fandoms is on par with original art, although my personal opinion is that it’s good to mention the fandom. Like you just did!

Kudos on all the pieces here! Sc0ut in particular, I wouldn’t know it’s WIP if you hadn’t mentioned it. As you may recall from the other art thread, I can’t (visual) art at all. At least anything that is supposed to depict something.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.