Author Topic: YoinkTober 2020 - Prompts & Grossling Challenge  (Read 10508 times)

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: YoinkTober 2020 - Prompts & Grossling Challenge
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 09:07:20 PM »
Ooh, guys, thank you! Yes, that is Lalli in a jar  :'D
Spoiler: show
 Glass is my worst nightmare and my greatest love, it is really interesting to study all those reflections and carefully draw them, but one tiny misstep ruins everything... especially with the ink! I actually used ink and nibs, this InkTober is a real inking practice for me, since I only worked with liners and markers before...I’m glad you guys like it :))
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 08:44:49 AM »
Return

"Oh! There you finally are! Where have you been!"
"Scouting. I said."
"You don't need to go scouting! Let the youngsters do that."
"Wanted to."
*Sigh* "I know you want to be alone every now and then. But I was so worried!"
"I told you I'm going!"
"Yes! You said you'd be gone "for a while"!"
"I was."
"Do you even know how long you were?"
"A while?"
"Three nights! Three full nights! And in this weather!! I feared for you so much! If both Onni and Reynir hadn't assured me you are not hurt, I would have had to come for you!"
"You? You wouldn't have found me."
"True. I would have gotten lost and frozen to death! How would that make you feel, hm?"
"Now you are being stupid again."
"Stupid? I'm the one who's stupid? What about someone who doesn't know three nights is not "for a while"! On Monday I was... ah, mmm, hmm"

When his husband calmed down and responded to his kiss, the scout released him gently. "Better?"
"Hmph, ok, better. But you must tell me!"
"Ok ok, I'll try to remember you are stupid. How could I forget?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 04:53:15 PM by Jitter »
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »
Jitter, I loved your story! ;D It was great, especially worried Emil.

YoinkTober October 2nd: Return

It was snowing heavily when Sigrun managed to get away from a particularly obnoxious coworker and stepped out of Norway's Military Headquarters. The scowl on her face would have scared away any trolls she happened to meet in her path and she spit out several choice words as someone bumped forcefully into her. She fell on the ground, snow creeping under her shirt collar and leeching away her body heat. She got up shaking her fist at the hastily retreating figure, curses falling from her mouth like the snow from the sky. She had been in a particularly foul mood the whole day. This may have been because Mikkel was and would be out of town for the next week, though she would never admit it. When she finally managed to fumble the tiny freezing metal key into the lock of Apartment 6C, she was chilled to the bone and ready to punch anyone who dared to come into her line of sight looking happy. She turned the handle, the door creaked open, and she wearily stepped inside, shaking snow from her hair. She had barely taken off her boots when she was promptly assaulted by a tiny ginger monster. It was Dagny, her cat. He had been in the Cat Academy and had been exceptionally good at spotting trolls. He had passed his grade A training with flying colors. However, he had been disqualified from serving in the military due to his tiny size; he was barely bigger than a kitten and could fit in Mikkel's palm. Sigrun had taken a liking to the scrappy fellow and had volunteered to adopt him. The sight of Dagny wrestling with one of her shoelaces melted away most of her dark mood in a heartbeat. She changed her clothes, and, because of his insistent meowing, filled Dagny's food bowl. She then made herself a warm cup of coffee and reclined on the couch, throwing her feet up on the armrest, the fire crackling away in the background. Grinning, she realized she wasn't in such a bad mood anymore. She had a hot drink, a warm blanket, and a tiny cat sleeping on her chest. It was good to return home.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:38:00 AM by Lallicat »
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 11:52:14 AM »
Jitter and Lallicat, nice stories!
My heart was especially warmed by that little detail that Dagny could fit in Mikkel’s palm  :3 :))

Here is my “Return” for today: 
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_skbZIdpaWIJHvoVj

Spoiler: show
Onni coming back to his lost home... Though there is no one to wait for his return there...

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 12:31:16 PM »
Annuil! Another great piece! In all its simplicity you have painted the scene to be immediately recognizable, and convey Onni's mood vividly. Really good work!

And Lallicat, a nice snapshot at Sigrun's life with a tiny cat (and a huge man, although he's away at the moment). I don't have cats but I do have dogs the size to fit in your lap and I can testify the warmth is sweet, especially if one was cold before the cuddles.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:34:49 PM by Jitter »

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

LilG

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »
Everything looks so great  ;D

@Annuili, though it would unfortunately seem that the link for the “do what cat” drawing doesn’t work anymore. Would you mind reuploading it?
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 05:12:02 PM »
Sure, LilG, does it work now?

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 05:25:16 PM »
Annuil, it works for me now :)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »
Hello my friends!
I'm loving this Yoinktober! Great works, all of them. I'll comment later, because I'm tired from a long week. Meanwhile I will try to participate as much as I can, and here's my contribution for day 2, mixing together our themes. So here's the moment when someone's return is interrupted by an unpleasant surprise...

I hope you like it! Butter good! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 06:55:24 PM »
Ooh that's great thegreyarea! I especially love the evil smile on the tanker troll  :D

LilG

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 02:58:12 AM »
Annuil, yep, it does, thank you!
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2020, 03:22:22 AM »
These are great stories, Lallicat and Jitter!  Teeny tiny A Grade cat, awwww.  And Annuil, I love the look of your Return picture, it captures the mood so effectively, and I agree that the reflections on the jar are nicely done, as well as a really difficult pose.
thegreyarea, oh my word, that tanktroll!  Holy frijoles, what a little [redacted]!

Now, my next two contributions:

Return - Lalli returns, and attempts to get the boat shop owner to not only buy back his boat, but not buy it back at a discount.  After all, he's returning it with a better specimen or three, for the shop's wall.

Wings - A look back, not a look ahead, okay?  "You know we'll see each other again."  (I feel more brave tugging at those heartstrings now that they have indeed been reunited, however temporarily.)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 03:35:35 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2020, 04:40:02 AM »
Wave, I love all of your drawings! Lalli's return is hilarious! But you really exagerated with the wings: It's AMAZING!
:)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 10:06:43 AM »
Lovely work again!

Grey, you really went for Tuomas Veturi then :) They are kinda nasty in the show, but this is something else!

Wave, you say it's a look back but we know there will the same thing again ahead  :'( Lalli's Return however is great! We made a card about that in the SSSS Monopoly btw, "Return rental boat surprisingly intact. Collect 100" or something on those lines :) I hope Väinö takes good care of the boat while they are gone!

Wings

"Honey, can you go fetch him? He's in the apple tree* again."
"Oh well, yes, I'll try"
"Try to make sure he climbs down this time. No jumping!"
"Son, time to come down! Supper's almost ready!"
"I don't want to!"
"Yes, but you must. We eat and sleep inside."
"Why! It's so lame! I want to be close to the sky!"
"I know. But we are humans. We can't live in the sky. Or even in trees."
"Mum, tell me about airplanes again! Of the time when you went on the airplane and flew all the way to the funny place!"
"Funny place?"
"Yes the warm place, where you went for a holiday?"
"Oh yes, Portugal. It was nice."
"What is a holiday? Why is it warm in Portugal? Can we go there?"
"I'm afraid Portugal is lost. At least we haven't heard from anyone south of Denmark."
"Maybe when I'm big it's back!"
"Maybe. Let's hope so."
"Mum, don't be sad! Tell me about airplanes!"
"You come down this instance! The roof is off limits for you, young man!"
"I want test my wings!" *waves contraption made of fir branches"
"Oh my go... by Mielikki! Come down!"
"Ok! Catch me if I fall!"
"Oh no I meant..."
*crash*
"Oh my baby! Are you hurt? Why did you...?
"Moom! Stop it! I'm fine. But the wings broke."
"Dear, I was studying to become an engineer. Trust me, you can't build wings out of tree branches."
"I will too! When I'm big, I will have wings and I will fly all over the lakes!"
"You mean an airplane?"
"Maybe! And I'll steer it! Or I will have wings of my own! Maybe I'll be a mage? Can mages fly? Wouldn't it be lame to be a mage who can't fly?"
"Well, Väinö, you never know. The world changes. It's good to have goals."

Spoiler: * • show

[youtube]zipBOlK1tDU[/youtube] />
A once popular song by Finnish musician J Karjalainen: Missä se Väinö on?
The song is about his son Väinö, and it basically just says "Where where is Väinö" "Under the apple tree there is someone, it must be Väinö. Yes there Väinö is" :)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 04:54:21 PM by Jitter »

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »
Lallicat, thanks! It's good to know that evil smile worked! And your story is very good!

Jitter, nice story too! One fascinating view over Väinö. Now I'm imagining young Väinö meeting young Ensi...
(and thanks by the Portugal reference, albeit I'm sure that it's just coincidence... ;)  )
BTW the link don't work for me. Here's the full youtube address:
/>
note: now it seems that the Forum converts these in direct views. That's unexpected... I don't recall that in the Forum before.