Author Topic: Mini Break and Sixth Anniversary Celebrations!  (Read 9001 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Mini Break and Sixth Anniversary Celebrations!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 02:16:28 AM »

And also, thegreyarea, I love your “dreaming in a dream “ story! And I have two guesses about which info page it might be...
Guess one: pages 257-258, “Kalma”, Adventure II, which isn’t probably the one, but the smell of the troll and all those Lalli’s disgusting feelings fit in my mind with Kalma...
Guess two: page 46, the flying calendar, Adventure I or page 132, the picture on the wall which isn’t an info page really but it has the “smiling family with the dog”...
Okey, I feel like I’m totally lost, all of these are probably wrong but I tried... I still love this guessing thing! It makes me think and remember all the pages I saw and which one of those (under which number) it was  :'D ;D

Spoiler: agreeing with annuil • show

I think Annuil's onto something with Kalma, but it also could be the dead dog in North Dakota in the prologue taking out a troll, thereby becoming infected?  Lalli as the dog would have a heightened sense of taste and smell.  But I don't know how Lalli would get closure that way, so maybe not.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2020, 02:29:24 AM »
Cat Academy (second page) guesses are correct!

Grade E Cat, cute!  Are you perhaps thinking of Goldfish crackers?  Perhaps there's something similar in France?

If you look carefully at the (4) picture of the page mentioned above, the treat looks somewhat like a fish. However, regular trips to the US during my childhood and early adulthood have given me a "mundane luxury" taste for a handful of US products, which happen to include goldfish crackers. No local equivalent I'm aware of, unfortunately.

@Annuil: Never actually tasted them. I've never bought anything for my own cats that looked that appetizing to me. My headcanon that Lalli is into cat treats is mostly a continuation of the "Lalli is half cat" jokes that have been going around.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 02:42:41 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 04:50:16 AM »
They are Goldfish crackers!   8) 
They sometimes get them in the American shop here.  I can't be bothered with a lot of the stuff they have, but those...  it's a good thing I only go once or twice a year.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 05:04:17 AM »
Wave and Annuil, both guesses are interesting, but not the right answer.
Curious how things are perceived differently... To me the page connected with the story is quite evident (but them it's easy when you already - and always - knew)  :)
I didn't remember that part from the prologue tough...
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2020, 06:23:50 AM »
Okay, grey, another guess...
Spoiler: show
 Kallohonka

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2020, 06:54:20 AM »
Okay, grey, another guess...
 Kallohonka

Now you got it right, Wave! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2020, 09:11:54 AM »
Now you got it right, Wave! :)

Ooh, that’s what it is! Now I see it ;D

@Annuil: Never actually tasted them. I've never bought anything for my own cats that looked that appetizing to me. My headcanon that Lalli is into cat treats is mostly a continuation of the "Lalli is half cat" jokes that have been going around.
Yeah, I know, I just asked out of curiosity ;D
(He truly is half-cat, cause his lounto is a lynx and he cannot live a normal life without it :'D)
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2020, 09:24:59 AM »
I have an idea and a half for pictures that'd hopefully be a little harder to trace back to the relevant info page, but there's no way for me and my nearly nonexistent drawing skillz to get them done until September (if at all), so I'm afraid you'll have to make do with textual descriptions ... :(

#1 A child sitting on the floor of its nursery, waving one teddy bear in each hand over a bunch of smaller, more humanoid, but otherwise unrecognizable action figures. A much more realistic, but slightly transparent and smiling, bear cub is about to hand it yet another teddy. A blackboard on the wall reads "NO INSI DANCE SINCE 12345 DAYS!!" in a child's scribble.

#2 Emil, a huge "?" floating over his head, is looking at a laughing Lalli. Next to Emil sits a dog wearing diadem, fur coat and whatnot, apparently trying to out-perform the Swedish coat of arms.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2020, 10:54:10 AM »
I have an idea and a half for pictures that'd hopefully be a little harder to trace back to the relevant info page...
A little??? Well, I tried and couldn't remember, or find, anything to even make a reasonable guess. :)

(However I do love the "coat of arms" page! Those lions could be even more pompous if they added jewelry... )

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2020, 12:35:30 PM »
JoB, is number 2 the Fylgja, i.e. Emil's fylgja being ridiculously pompous is making Lalli laugh?

Grey, I didn't guess either! Hardly self-evident :) Like you said, funny how people perceive things differently.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2020, 12:46:53 PM »
JoB, is number 2 the Fylgja, i.e. Emil's fylgja being ridiculously pompous is making Lalli laugh?

Even more specifically, this one sentence on that fact page:
"But with no faith[,] they will forever remain blind to the existence of these benevolent beings."
(... in particular, their own fylgja, too.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »

Grey, I didn't guess either! Hardly self-evident :) Like you said, funny how people perceive things differently.
Humm, I think you guessed right on JoB's #2.

You mean you didn't guess the page relative to my short story?
I thought that when I wrote Lalli thanking the dog spirit he had just met for not biting his friend I was making the connection with spiderdog quite evident... It seems it was evident just for me :)

Anyway I hope that you enjoyed it. I was inspired by your delicious short stories about secondary characters. I'll try to improve next time...

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2020, 01:17:06 PM »
Grey, I didn't realize it was Lalli who said that! Somehow I understood it to mean Lalli heard it! With that, yes!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2020, 03:01:22 PM »
I have an idea and a half for pictures that'd hopefully be a little harder to trace back to the relevant info page, but there's no way for me and my nearly nonexistent drawing skillz to get them done until September (if at all), so I'm afraid you'll have to make do with textual descriptions ... :(

#1 A child sitting on the floor of its nursery, waving one teddy bear in each hand over a bunch of smaller, more humanoid, but otherwise unrecognizable action figures. A much more realistic, but slightly transparent and smiling, bear cub is about to hand it yet another teddy. A blackboard on the wall reads "NO INSI DANCE SINCE 12345 DAYS!!" in a child's scribble.

#2 Emil, a huge "?" floating over his head, is looking at a laughing Lalli. Next to Emil sits a dog wearing diadem, fur coat and whatnot, apparently trying to out-perform the Swedish coat of arms.

Somebody with drawing skills please draw #2!!!

I'm completely flummoxed by #1. But I want to know what an "insi dance" looks like.  :))
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2020, 07:47:36 PM »
JoB per request 2 - Will this do?  (taking 'drawing skills' a touch loosely, in interests of speed & humour)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:12:55 PM by wavewright62 »