Author Topic: aRTD General Discussion Thread  (Read 182 times)

Luth Nightbreeze

• Skald
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Treat the unknown with curiosity
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
aRTD General Discussion Thread
« on: August 02, 2017, 03:39:15 PM »
A place to talk about anything relating to aRTD. Fic ideas, Cosplay photos, storyline analysis, etc are all welcome.

I figured this would be a good idea, because given how little traffic this board gets, a general thread is a better way to keep it tidy than making a bunch of little threads that would each get little use.

Enjoy! :)

:chap5::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:
:chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17:
Speaks: :canada: Learning in school: :spain: Wishlist: :finland: :iceland:
Proud Admiral of the Aurora

Daiseerose

Re: aRTD General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 01:10:46 AM »
at church  I saw this dude that looked a lot like Joona it was scary! he had longer hair then joona did but still looked a lot alike

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:33 AM »
Does the Finnish belief system about the tripartite soul extend to animals?  Would Ville have a tripartite soul once he became human?  Would his luonto automatically be some form of canid?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :usa:
Acquired: :newzealand:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :estonia:

Chapter break survivor: :chap17: :book3: :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :book2: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6: :book1: :chap5:

(Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

JoB

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 09:59:14 AM »
Does the Finnish belief system about the tripartite soul extend to animals?  Would Ville have a tripartite soul once he became human?  Would his luonto automatically be some form of canid?
Considering that even the Finnish beliefs about humans vary considerably (with exact region, time, and apparently also how much the believers trusted the person recording it for posterity), I doubt that there'll be a definitive answer for you. Throwing in the specifically Minna-esque tone, I'ld guess that Kokko "turning Ville into a human" implies the full deal and if only there are SSSS-style animal-shaped luontos in the aRTD-verse, Ville's should most definitely be a Finnish Spitz, possibly even more of a "Ville himself" than Vóvoff is a mere extension of Reynir.

(I don't remember aRTD showing luontos outright, as opposed to nondescript "spirits animals", "human souls", and some soul-ish presences of normal animals (vipers, Murunen). Also, luontos having an animal shape seems to be sort of a minority belief within Finnish mythology.)
native: :germany:secondary: :usa: :france:
:artd: :book1+::book2: :book3: :chap17:
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15