Author Topic: The pets thread!  (Read 42260 times)

Ceceoh

The pets thread!
« on: September 18, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
My cat just begged for, and ate with relish, an algae wafer that I feed to my pleco. Does your pet eat weird stuff? (Skip the ususal suspects, poop and vomit, please.)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: The pets thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:03:57 AM »
My old dog (who sadly isn't here anymore) ate shoes, watermelons, and my mother's favorite dress. Regarding watermelons, he also broke them by scaring us to death and making us drop them so they split, then he ate.

Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »
Your old dog sounded awesomely mischievous Nimphy! X'D

My cat has eaten pumpkin pie, strawberries, sponge cake, pavlova, self saucing puddings, teriyaki things, (she's a trouble maker who tries to jump onto the table when no ones watching) and most importantly, practically a million kilos of her own fur. Also daisies and bugs. :/

The not-so-cute 'food' she'll try is decomposing wallaby or possum ;__; you know she's been eating one because it's all over her face and chest and then there's the SMELL and I have to give her a bath and... and... NOPE. JUST NOPE.

OH! And yesterday she got trapped in dad's office and ate half the cover page of a special important contract. She was in trouble. But we fixed it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:26:26 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 10:05:49 AM »
My previous roommate's cat ate shrimp noodles that were too spicy for me to eat.

thatrankles

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:27:06 AM »
One of our cats really likes tortilla chips, also popcorn.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »
I believe I fed my fish Goldfish crackers at one point. What was more weird was my guinea pig, who WOULDN'T eat any treats (except one very specific kind) or fruit. Which means I ate more of her treats than she did.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Bobriha

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 11:50:15 AM »
My cat (who sadly is also now gone) was fond of carrot in all it's formes. He could feel someone started to slice carrot while sleeping somewhere in the opposite end of our flat. And I had to share my carrot juice with him. I think he could easilly sell his immortal soul for it. Gah, he could easilly sell two soules if he'd only had it.
majavanainen

Nimphy

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 05:56:33 AM »
Your old dog sounded awesomely mischievous Nimphy! X'D

My cat has eaten pumpkin pie, strawberries, sponge cake, pavlova...

He was! You know about the running gag in movies where the postman gets attacked by dogs? He terrorized ours by jumping over him and licking him all over the face.

Your cat ate Anna Pavlova?! ((Hehehe, why can I imagine that just fine?))

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 06:30:19 AM »
He was! You know about the running gag in movies where the postman gets attacked by dogs? He terrorized ours by jumping over him and licking him all over the face.

Your cat ate Anna Pavlova?! ((Hehehe, why can I imagine that just fine?))

Awwwww! Lucky for the postman the dog only wanted a taste and not a bite! X'D

And noooooooooo not Anna! ;__; the caaaake of magical goodness!

:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Nimphy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 03:22:37 PM »
Awwwww! Lucky for the postman the dog only wanted a taste and not a bite! X'D

And noooooooooo not Anna! ;__; the caaaake of magical goodness!

Yes, but he bit me. Apparently I taste good (remember those comments?).

Hahaha, yes, I knew. Sadly, we don't have that yummy goodness over here ;_; Waaah, I want some, it looks delicious. On the other hand... Pizza.

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
Spiders are on the menu of all of our pets when we don't take it from them, and the dog ate a wasp once (you can imagine the results, but she didn't learn).

My cat is another matter: usually she tries to eat anything if she sees that I'm eating it.
She loves cooked corn so much she's technically tremling while begging for it, with all her hair standing in different directions. A while ago she realized that apples aren't so good, but she still pretends to eat it, then spits it out when she thinks I'm not looking.
She was the funniest when a bunch of parsley got dropped to the ground. She run there, like the devil would have been on her heels, and started to wolf it down. I think she just needed to dispose of the swallowed hair with it's help, but then she got scared by the exploding laughter and ran off.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:16:54 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

shauhagah

• i don't even know
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 09:57:19 PM »
A couple of days ago my cat tried to eat raw egg off the floor.

He also insists on only drinking water directly from the shower floor and only if the water comes out of the shower head. It is slightly worrying but he's an old cat.

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 07:43:54 AM »
A couple of days ago my cat tried to eat raw egg off the floor.

He also insists on only drinking water directly from the shower floor and only if the water comes out of the shower head. It is slightly worrying but he's an old cat.

Cats are like that. Did you know that cats usually don't like to drink where there's food nearby?
My roommates cat always sneaked in during shower time and then patiently waited for us to finish, so he could lick the drops... He didn't even mind getting wet.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 08:25:42 AM »
Our beagle (now dead) had this thing for frozen vegetables. Normally he would not chance it if we accidentally dropped food on the floor, but when it came to rock solid deep-frozen vegetables he would go for it like a starving hawk and then run off with it triumphantly.

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 08:41:10 AM »
Our cat (aptly named ?) has an offputting taste for lizards and cockroaches, and also enjoys drinking out of the toilet. I think my mom's tried feeding her bread and generic rice krispies, but I can't recall if she enjoyed those.