Author Topic: Things Team Members Are Not Allowed To Do  (Read 12775 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Things Team Members Are Not Allowed To Do
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »
In that case, may I propose a rule for this list? Yeah I know it's just for fun, but the whole "no one ever is ever allowed to play bagpipes and the punishment is near-certain death" thing makes me a little bit uncomfortable, in the "corrupted dictatorship military state executioning everyone who don't agree" sort of way... I suggest that we keep make up funny rules but perhaps leave the punishment for the more severe ones to be decided by an established IC court of law. Lets face it, not even our crazy crew would sign up for an expedition with totally outlandish rules or punishments. Even the military needs to follow the legal systems of their country, and the crew is funded by the government.

Seconded.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »
In that case, may I propose a rule for this list? Yeah I know it's just for fun, but the whole "no one ever is ever allowed to play bagpipes and the punishment is near-certain death" thing makes me a little bit uncomfortable, in the "corrupted dictatorship military state executioning everyone who don't agree" sort of way... I suggest that we keep make up funny rules but perhaps leave the punishment for the more severe ones to be decided by an established IC court of law. Lets face it, not even our crazy crew would sign up for an expedition with totally outlandish rules or punishments. Even the military needs to follow the legal systems of their country, and the crew is funded by the government.

Thirded. Rule regarding exile is removed.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 01:34:21 AM »
Motion to re-establish the no playing of accordians rule with the punishment of having to clean horse stalls on return from an expedition. One stall per note.
#a punishment is not required if 51% of the expedition considers the noises being made to be actual music
#b except in any case where a troll or grossling is attracted by the accordion noises then punishment 2 stalls for every note.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »
Motion to re-establish the no playing of accordians rule with the punishment of having to clean horse stalls on return from an expedition. One stall per note.
#a punishment is not required if 51% of the expedition considers the noises being made to be actual music
#b except in any case where a troll or grossling is attracted by the accordion noises then punishment 2 stalls for every note.

Only removed part of a rule about bagpipes. Nevertheless, adding these because the thought of it is funny.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »
Only removed part of a rule about bagpipes. Nevertheless, adding these because the thought of it is funny.

Accordians.. bagpipes... same thing in the long run. Loud and dangerous noisemakers.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »
Accordians.. bagpipes... same thing in the long run. Loud and dangerous noisemakers.

True.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2015, 05:14:49 PM »

But only one of these might mean trouble is swooping upon you very fast.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2015, 05:16:49 PM »
But only one of these might mean trouble is swooping upon you very fast.
and only one of them causes mage!haiz to have ptsd-like reactions
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:18:52 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2015, 05:35:17 PM »

But... but they're perfect for troll traps! D:

Or diversion... or hey, who knows, maybe trolls dislike bagpipes as much as you do and you can use 'em as a repellent.. THE BAGPIPE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS. THIS RULE IS AN OFFENSE TO SCIENCE.

Solokov

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 04:04:23 PM »
I apparently had the edit post window open with this one in it that I forgot to hit save on the one with the bagpipes rule...

Team members are strongly discouraged from attempting to convince team mages and magic adepts that they are still in their particular dreamscapes.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 05:43:08 PM »
I apparently had the edit post window open with this one in it that I forgot to hit save on the one with the bagpipes rule...

Team members are strongly discouraged from attempting to convince team mages and magic adepts that they are still in their particular dreamscapes.

*stares at spinning top intently*

Solokov

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2015, 05:47:46 PM »
*stares at spinning top intently*

I actually got the idea from when Reynir walked facefirst into the side of the cat-tank....but that works too.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »
The flare gun is not an acceptable prank item.

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »
((Having come back after months? a year? away, I'd like to add one.))

-If a team member is separated from the team in an attack and manages to survive, they should try to return to base as soon as it is safe to do so.
-a. And under no circumstances should they "see how long they can survive the Silent World alone."
-b. Yes, even if you bring back copious amounts of edible berries on your return.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2016, 03:11:30 AM »
On NO occasion is any team member to consider keeping a beast as a "pet". Cuteness of said beast is irrelevant.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man