Author Topic: I'm Retiring as Thor  (Read 3904 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
I'm Retiring as Thor
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:29:46 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm making this post to let y'all know that I'm handing off ownership of the forum to Hushpiper, and will no longer be acting as an admin on the forum.  I'll still be around, especially on the chat and on skype, but I'm not going to be actively affecting the forum after this.  The other admins were alright with me keeping my title (I quite like that title =w=), but we went ahead and made it honorary now.  Hence the shiny new Retiree Stars I have over there above my avatar.   Edit:  Sunny and Viola are going to be the new admins responsible for the human side of things, while Hushy takes over the technical side of things.  So, also give a hand to your new admin pals!  They're already doing an excellent job, and I couldn't have found anyone better.
Anyway, this place has brought me a lot of good in the last year.  Making it is easily one of the best decisions I ever made.  I've met a lot of really amazing people and made some very good friends.  Thanks for letting me Thor around here for so long.  I'll see y'all around~
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:51:39 PM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
Re: I'm Retiring as Thor
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »
Thank you Eich for creating this snug little community.
You let us all the freedom in here to create a nice little spot on the internet, where political matters can be discussed without people tearing of the flesh of each other and many minions taking care of one another.
I am happy about still having you around on chat. Fenris told that Thor is one of the less powefull god, but is known as the god of the ordinary people ;). That title befits you well then.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »
Thank you so much for what you've done for us, Eich. This community is wonderful, and I'm sure we all don't even know the half of what you've done to keep it that way. I'm glad this isn't a total goodbye (yeesh, I spend too much time on chat already :P) but I think you've more than earned a rest. So sit back, relax. Know that the forum is in good hands. And once again because I can't possibly say it enough, thank you!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

wolfie

• Ranger
  • :3
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
Third what has been said: Thankyou for all your hard work and creating such a wonderful place where so many people found a (second) home. I hope hugging the retired forum-Thor is allowed, otherwise, I'm just being a rebel, HA.
*hugshugshugs* =w= You'll always be Prancing Thor to me, the most best god of all. Enjoy your retirement, and I'll be sure to keep ambushing you whenever you pop up in the chat/skype, old retired person or not.  :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:03:00 PM by wolfie »

"Dammit Moon-Moon"
Thanks to gifted gif-finder Eri

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »
Like Kex said, I am also so glad you will not be leaving us for good, and that you will be on chat. It is both an honour and a pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with you on the forum and I will miss you. I am so thankful to you for creating the forum, and helping to shape this beautiful little online community. You will be remembered forever in forum history. The forum is in good hands, we will keep a good watch over it. I salute you mighty and dear forum Thor.

o7
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 06:37:04 PM »
Thank you so much for all your work!! it's good to know the forum will be in good hands, even without our esteemed Thor.
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 05:17:32 AM »
Well, it's not like I didn't know this was coming, but it's still a shame- glad you're still staying in the community and thanks for all the hard work! We'll put up a suitable monument to Thor somewhere.

P__

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 06:00:30 AM »
you made me sad with that thread title!
but I'm glad you're just handing your trusty hammer Modnir over and not actually leaving :)
thank you for all your work <3 :squirrelcookie:
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
You've built a truly remarkable community here, and we're lucky to be a part of it. Thank you for all you've done!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 08:22:13 PM »
You've built a truly remarkable community here, and we're lucky to be a part of it. Thank you for all you've done!

^^Meant to say something along those lines earlier, but I couldn't have said it better. [cheesy mode on]You'll always be Thor in our hearts :D[/cheesy mode off]

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 04:38:58 AM »
There's nothing new I can add here but I just wanted to drop a small thank you for creating this forum, one of the best things in my life was to stumble upon it when I did. :)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 07:26:09 AM »
Wait, what ? O_o *Reads twice* Oh. Okay *Was worrying*
I will repeat what had been said before, but thank Eich. Thank a lot <3 I know we don't really know each other but coming to the forum had been one of the best decision I made this year, I won't say how much it had helped to change my life a little more, I love the community and see several persons not only as "someone nice on the forum" but as "real friend". And it wouldn't had been possible without your creation and the time you spent on/for the forum :) It wasn't waisted time, you're a part of this wonderful adventure. Thank again.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »
Thank you so much for everything you've done for the forum Eich! You were a great leader, and though creating and maintaining the forum you've managed to touch the lives of many people from all around the world in a wonderful and positive way. I'm glad you'll still be about enjoying your retirement :P

Thanks also to the admins who are taking over the running of the forum :) I know that you guys will be working hard keeping everything sunshine and rainbows, and have actually been doing so for some time now and it's 100% definitely appreciated. You guys are awesome and it's nice to have little moments like this every now and again to remind me to thank you for what you're doing ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 12:45:52 PM »
I said it already, it's already been said several times already, but it's worth saying again: thank you so much for creating the forum all that time ago, and for investing so much of your time into it. I was slightly hesitant joining at first back then, but it's become a remarkable place, and led to so many good things. I hope it will continue being that way for many years to come~ And that you'll still be around to see it grow ;)
Am notified of private messages via email.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »
Awww, we'll miss your Thor powers, Eich! I'm glad you're still sticking around though <3 And hopefully this means we'll see more of Hushy also!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: