Poll

Vote on your favourite title for the deceased forum members rank (this poll will be active for one week)

Exploring New Worlds
1 (4.5%)
Visitor of Tuonela
1 (4.5%)
Wanderer of a New World
1 (4.5%)
Traveller on Unknown Paths
2 (9.1%)
One with the Stars
2 (9.1%)
Departed Souls
1 (4.5%)
Traveller on the Bird's Path
8 (36.4%)
Sailor on a Sunset Sea
1 (4.5%)
In Valhalla
1 (4.5%)
Onto the Next Adventure
2 (9.1%)
Exploring What Happens Next
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: May 20, 2019, 04:55:49 AM

Author Topic: Forum ranks  (Read 16153 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Forum ranks
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:44:17 AM »
We can't move tiers upwards without a consensus of course. I think you're exaggerating a bit though, you won't lose your airport/ship, you'll just have to strive to regain it. The problem is that it's hard to create ranks above those two without going megalomaniac.

well the titles proposed seem worth an achievement. I for myself think it is more valid to gain the title rash-curer or Warden of a lost forest. I am neither interested in keeping an airport nor would I like to be an admiral of a sunken ship ;).

Fenris would have stayed a citizen for all his life if he could. Whatever titles will get into the list, there will always be someone somewhere who is not happy with that. Of course moving the Admiral's title up a bit might be possible and will be checked. Same might be possible for the airport.

also after 10k plus next step will be much higher to achieve. Some people think becoming a mage is the highest goal worth achieving, I bet other would rather rule the universe instead ;).
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
Curry once came up with something akin to "Star of the Desolate Silver Screen" or something, I can't remember the exact wording but it was Good

AHA I SURE DID

I think the exact wording was Star of a(the?) Dilapidated Silver Screen but that was a couple of months ago so I'm not so sure about that.
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
also after 10k plus next step will be much higher to achieve. Some people think becoming a mage is the highest goal worth achieving, I bet other would rather rule the universe instead ;).

It took us a year or so for someone to reach the current max rank. I don't think it will take three years for the most zealous posters to get to 10k, but it won't happen in the foreseeable future.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 11:57:17 AM »
It took us a year or so for someone to reach the current max rank. I don't think it will take three years for the most zealous posters to get to 10k, but it won't happen in the foreseeable future.

Yes even according to my graph, with a posting rate of 15 or 16 it would still take more than 365 days for someone on this forum to reach 10,000 posts. I think it was something like 500 days.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »
Yes even according to my graph, with a posting rate of 15 or 16 it would still take more than 365 days for someone on this forum to reach 10,000 posts. I think it was something like 500 days.

*puts on glasses* According to my super advanced calculations a user with a posting rate of 15 would - in order to reach a post total of 10k - need 666,666 days, which as you can clearly surmise indicates that such a person is a devil worshipper. We must forbid that sort of thing.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
If I could add my two cents, I think it would be much less complicated to just add two new ranks above Admiral, and it shouldn't be too terribly hard to decide on a title. Maybe we could add a poll with people's suggestions?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
We can't move tiers upwards without a consensus of course. I think you're exaggerating a bit though, you won't lose your airport/ship, you'll just have to strive to regain it.

I know, it's not a huge deal. I'll gladly accept the majority ruling, I just wanted to state my opinion.  :) *hums "You can't always get what you want"*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 12:20:41 PM »
*puts on glasses* According to my super advanced calculations a user with a posting rate of 15 would - in order to reach a post total of 10k - need 666,666 days, which as you can clearly surmise indicates that such a person is a devil worshipper. We must forbid that sort of thing.

Careful Fimby, you wouldn't want to end up on my list of people to sacrifice. I mean. Having a posting rate this high doesn't come without a little shady dealing. Where do you think I got my hell demon cats?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
Having a posting rate this high doesn't come without a little shady dealing. Where do you think I got my hell demon cats?
I just assumed you were the devil?

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »
I just assumed you were the devil?

Well, I do go by Hel sometimes on the chat.... so I suppose you are half right in a way. ;)

Mélusine

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »
I second the part about the forests...
*Nods* We need more forests. Definitively.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 12:55:37 PM »
I have collected all title suggestions so far. Who knows how long this board is going to run? I was at boards, where people have over 200k posts ;). So to have some more than just two steps might come in handy. Especially to have good titles still at the end of the line.

Eri said, that it is very easy to switch rank titles. Is there any more suggestions or do you want the collection neatly posted so you can create a poll from that?

maybe the three or four most wanted could be added. Like piney I'd prefer it not to switch titles and just add new ones, but that is a minor detail I think. It would be possible to add that to the poll as well, right?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »
Eri said, that it is very easy to switch rank titles. Is there any more suggestions or do you want the collection neatly posted so you can create a poll from that?

maybe the three or four most wanted could be added. Like piney I'd prefer it not to switch titles and just add new ones, but that is a minor detail I think. It would be possible to add that to the poll as well, right?

As long as there are members who don't want to have their current titles moved up a tier we should try to avoid it.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »
As long as there are members who don't want to have their current titles moved up a tier we should try to avoid it.

Yes I think it would be anti-climactic to be an airport ruler and then work to become an airport ruler again, and only have the same title that you had before. It kinda takes the fun out of it if you've already had that promotion.

And yes poll is a good idea. We should get one of those up.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »
here is the collection of title suggestions:
Rash-Curer
Troll-tamer or Troll Slayer as a user title (good idea, but might end up confusing though)
Conquerer of an abandoned city
Conductor of a Vacant Subway
Verderer of a Forbidden Forest
Mayor of a Ghost Town
Traceur of Higher Planes
Voyager of Forgotten Fantasies/Memories
Dweller of Dreamscapes
Wanderer of a Lost World
Star of the Desolate Silver Screen
monarch of castle ruins
Spirit-Lynx
Captain Lynx-Paf