Author Topic: No reminder today, and here's why (SOLVED)  (Read 2034 times)

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
No reminder today, and here's why (SOLVED)
« on: September 01, 2019, 07:07:07 AM »
I don't know if this should go here or to the general board, but it does have something to do with the comic, so I'm posting here. This is an information post first and foremost, so I'm not expecting any replies, but feel free to post one if you wish.

I've discovered that I'm unable to post, reply to or edit any comments under the current page. Refreshing and ever restarting my laptop didn't help. I don't know the reason for this; I've checked other pages and encountered no problems of this kind.

Due to this unexpected complication, I won't be able to post a reminder today, and maybe tomorrow as well. If somebody reads this post and can post it in my stead, please, do so, and if possible, include an apology from me. There's nothing for me to do but to await further developments.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you understand my situation.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:59:53 PM by Feartheviolas »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: No reminder today, and here's why
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:12:37 AM »
RanVor, might be worth contacting an admin for help with that?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:39:46 AM »
Could be, if I knew who it is and how to contact them.

Looking at various places on my Disqus profile page, I've noticed a small padlock symbol next to the header of the current page, as well as the previous page. It's not present anywhere else.

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »
I don't know if this should go here or to the general board, but it does have something to do with the comic, so I'm posting here. This is an information post first and foremost, so I'm not expecting any replies, but feel free to post one if you wish.

I've discovered that I'm unable to post, reply to or edit any comments under the current page. Refreshing and ever restarting my laptop didn't help. I don't know the reason for this; I've checked other pages and encountered no problems of this kind.

Due to this unexpected complication, I won't be able to post a reminder today, and maybe tomorrow as well. If somebody reads this post and can post it in my stead, please, do so, and if possible, include an apology from me. There's nothing for me to do but to await further developments.

Add another to the list of people suffering this issue.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »
Thanks to my special use of Disqus, I was able to get an explicit "cannot post your comment because the thread is closed" out of them. It looks like the comment sections of pages 148 and 149 (but not 147 etc.) are indeed "closed" in pretty much the same way old pages should be - but without the explicit message on the grey bar at the top that I remember from earlier ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »

No worries Ran, Disqus is a very fickle friend. If I can post a reminder (and if someone else hasn't already) I will. :)
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 11:42:53 AM »
You may find instructions for what to do when stuff goes wrong in the ‘Help’ section at the top of the page? I am not especially savvy at such things, so sadly can’t help. But if I remember correctly the forum moderators may be able to point you in the right directions?

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 12:47:44 PM »
Either Disqus is broken or Minna has (perhaps accidentally) closed comments on the two newest pages. On 147 it's open. I did what I could, which is to post a short info about the situation with a voting reminder, just in case someone ends up there when trying to figure it out.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 12:56:30 PM »
Thank you, Jitter. I really appreciate your help.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 02:36:30 PM »
I have no idea, glad to see it's not just me. I'm told Minna (who is the mod for her site) can be reached via Twitter.  As there wasn't anything particularly contentious being debated or posted, I would say it was accidental.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 07:50:18 PM »
I was a little worried that it was just me, so I'm (sort of) glad it's (another) DISQUS problem.

Let's hope that Minna returns from her car riding day(s) :-) and notice the problem, or we will have to wait until Tuesday.

BTW we ended the month in 16th, with 6616 votes, which is better than the previous months :-)

I'll keep checking the last page from time to time.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 08:55:09 PM »
So, it seems the newest page's comment section is locked as well. It's starting to get quite amusing.

Róisín

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 10:09:09 PM »
Now it's back. Hope this doesn't become a habit.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 05:03:30 AM »
I don't do Twitter, but it occurred to me that I could maybe reach Minna through the FaceBook page, so I unlurked to send her a message shortly after the new page loaded.  Maybe it helped?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior