Author Topic: Announcements  (Read 14825 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Announcements
« on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:17 AM »
Dear forumites,

Our community keeps growing every day, this is brilliant!
This also means that we have to adjust our board rules and standards from time to time. Especially if unexpected tasks occur.

In that case our team of moderators and admins goes into discussion in search for a proper solution. In this thread we will post the results of our work.

• If you have questions or wish for deeper explanations about decisions we reached, feel free to ask or use the Suggestions and Critique Childboard.
  • If you have any suggestions about topics or rules that should be discussed, you can leave a note here or write a message to us
  • Helpful thoughts and ideas of forumites are always welcome!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:13:32 PM by Feartheviolas »
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
Re: Announcements
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 01:51:45 AM »
Lately we have been discussing rules for The Comfort Corner. We all agree that this is a helpful topic and are amazed how you people care for each other in there. Yet we felt the need to add some rules in order to prevent people from being upset by heavy content.

Sunflower applied the rules we agreed on here:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=384.msg56241#msg56241

In line with that we updated the information provided in the "Helpful Information" topic:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=416.msg56232#msg56232

We already have some other topics in the pipe so new annoucements will follow :)

And since I am one of the non-natives here, feel free to point out major grammatical mistakes or typos
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:07:45 AM by kjeks »

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »
And since I am one of the non-natives here, feel free to point out major grammatical mistakes or typos

... by which I mean, do we actually have a "no unsolicited editor-in-chief-ing outside the 'learning language X' topics" rule already?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 06:50:42 PM »

... by which I mean, do we actually have a "no unsolicited editor-in-chief-ing outside the 'learning language X' topics" rule already?

(M-m-m-mmmust not raise my hand!  Mmmmust not leap up and elbow everyone else aside to announce, "I'm an editor by training and experience!  I was a finalist in the Contra Costa County Spelling Bee when I was 16!"  Must... stay... in seat...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 07:05:08 PM »
(M-m-m-mmmust not raise my hand!  Mmmmust not leap up and elbow everyone else aside to announce, "I'm an editor by training and experience!  I was a finalist in the Contra Costa County Spelling Bee when I was 16!"  Must... stay... in seat...)
... do I need to break out the orcism instruction booklet? 8)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 02:30:27 AM »
The resources for helpful information have been updated. Suggestions that should give new users a basic orientation have been added to the main post.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Lovelia

• Sleepy Kitten
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 05:46:04 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I just wanna say that I love ssss so much!!! Hope to be part of this awesome fanforum. Sorry didn't know where else to post. Ahm yeah. That's all.
 :-*

~ Lovelia
:germany: :philippines: :usa: :uk: understanding | :france: :spain: learning | :finland: :iceland: admiring
meowing

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 06:43:27 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I just wanna say that I love ssss so much!!! Hope to be part of this awesome fanforum. Sorry didn't know where else to post. Ahm yeah. That's all.
 :-*

~ Lovelia
welcome, always nice to see a new excited face on the forum! If you want to know the right place to post - here's the introduction thread! Tell us a little about yourself there ^______^
you'll know where to find me.

Lovelia

• Sleepy Kitten
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 06:09:36 PM »
Awesomesauce! Thank you. I shall do that.  8)
:germany: :philippines: :usa: :uk: understanding | :france: :spain: learning | :finland: :iceland: admiring
meowing

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 08:04:14 AM »
The Forum Rules got a small update. You can read it over there with all the other rules or just here:

Spoiler: show
Please keep shippy content into spoilers, if they contain lipp-locking or indicate upcoming sexual actions and provide them with a warning.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Alright everyone.  Due to some weirdness involving guest activities in the General Discussion Board, I've barred guests from viewing that board.  The rest of the boards are still viewable for guests, but if you want to view that one, you'll have to log in.  Sorry to anyone who likes to log out when just browsing. 
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 11:47:16 AM »
Alright everyone.  Due to some weirdness involving guest activities in the General Discussion Board, I've barred guests from viewing that board.  The rest of the boards are still viewable for guests, but if you want to view that one, you'll have to log in.  Sorry to anyone who likes to log out when just browsing.

Figures, but what does 'guest activities' mean and why does it only involve that particular board?

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »
Figures, but what does 'guest activities' mean and why does it only involve that particular board?
That particular board because there is a lot of private content.  Things that go in the "How do you look" thread or the "Comfort corner" thread, for instance, shouldn't be as readily accessible.  Mainly to protect peoples' privacy.
Feel free to PM.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 12:00:32 PM »
That particular board because there is a lot of private content.  Things that go in the "How do you look" thread or the "Comfort corner" thread, for instance, shouldn't be as readily accessible.  Mainly to protect peoples' privacy.

Good call. Thank you for locking it.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 05:39:22 AM »
I often did notice a fair few guests looking at old posts on that board, thanks for dealing with it.