Author Topic: Cosplay (non-SSSS)  (Read 46228 times)

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Cosplay (non-SSSS)
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2016, 04:15:48 AM »
I don't know the game and the character, but your cosplay is great =)
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2016, 07:49:52 AM »
Time to necro this thread back up because -

a new cosplay has happened and we had a photoshoot yesterday at Elliðaárdalur! Hyper Light Drifter is an amazing game, I've never rage quit as hard and as often in my life! Yet it's so beautiful and fun to play, holy heck. Anyway without further ado, here's Drifter (prepare for So Much lens flare in the spoiler cut).

Spoiler: show

Aaaand then some chain dash shenanigans blooper shots because I'm a Serious Cosplayer. :D

I'm not sure what's even going on here...

Can't see a hecking thing -

Fabulous as always, my dear Lauf. < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #302 on: August 02, 2016, 02:44:34 PM »
That character startled me! The design on his helmet is the logo of a major Australian bank.

AHAHAHAHAHHHH THIS IS BRILLIANT. I had to look it up and yes, it's really similar to the logo!  :'D

I don't know the game and the character, but your cosplay is great =)
Fabulous as always, my dear Lauf. < 3

Thank you and thank yuu! <3
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »

AHAHAHAHAHHHH THIS IS BRILLIANT. I had to look it up and yes, it's really similar to the logo!  :'D

Thank you and thank yuu! <3
after you've been part of the jury... will you compete again next year? =)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2016, 04:30:28 PM »
after you've been part of the jury... will you compete again next year? =)

I probably would never have the guts for that, ever again. The first time I managed because I was blissfully unaware of what was going to happen, in the future I'm planning to enjoy this con from the audience side.  :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »
Time to necro this thread back up because -

a new cosplay has happened and we had a photoshoot yesterday at Elliðaárdalur! Hyper Light Drifter is an amazing game, I've never rage quit as hard and as often in my life! Yet it's so beautiful and fun to play, holy heck. Anyway without further ado, here's Drifter (prepare for So Much lens flare in the spoiler cut).

Spoiler: show

Aaaand then some chain dash shenanigans blooper shots because I'm a Serious Cosplayer. :D

I'm not sure what's even going on here...

Can't see a hecking thing -

Oh my gosh the character design itself is REALLY COOL and REALLY LOVELY but your cosplay especially is really good and really well done omggggg <3

I might have to check this out, it's happened actually a lot of times in the past that I've watched something or played something because I saw a cosplay from it and thought it looked cool :3

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #306 on: October 03, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »
Okey dokey, here we go.
I started doing cosplay october 16, 2011 (yes, I remember a specific date, and yes, five years soon!), when I was only 14 years old and I don't know how to do ANYTHING. It was just for fun and eeh, let's be honest, I still doing it purely for fun¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I don't have a very large level (because I'm veeeryy lazy), but maybe one day I'll do something cool. Who knows, who knows @__@

I advise you to make tea and sandwich before you click on "show". There a lot of text and photos. Be ready.
Spoiler: "R U SURE?" • show

My first cosplay was Russia from Axis Powers Hetalia. Again, I was about 14 years old, I was the youngest and lowest in cosband. Even so, I was very cute!
If you want, I can find a video with our performance. It was fun, I thikn х)
Spoiler: "eeee hetalia" • show

Then - Alessa Gillespie from Silent Hill. I haven't photos because it was very small fest.
I sooo love Silent Hill, and one day, I swear, I'll do my waifu - Heather. I love her so much.
Spoiler: "eeee silent hill" • show

Then I started doing Homestuck trash. In total I made eight suits and speaking in righteousness - going to do more. May be. I'm not sure, haha.
At that time when I cosplay Homestuck - I did more of suits in a year and met a lot of nice guys! And I started travel to other cities (before HS I went festivals and conventions only in my hometown).
Spoiler: "eeee homestuck" • show
Spoiler: "BEST PHOTO OF HOMESTUCK COSPLAY E V Е R" • show

If youre doing cosplay, some several times in youre life someone will asked : "and what anime you cosplay"? I did anime only twice in my "career". Axis Powers Hetalia, as you already know, and Mekaku City Actors. Ayano Tateyama, my sweet lov <3
Spoiler: "eeee suicide girl" • show

Then - Percy Jackson! Percy Jackson and Nico di Angelo from me with love <3 ~
When we were a team - we specially baked blue cake and ate it on the stage right in front of the jury! Everyone hated us XD But 'cause cake was HUGE - we gave it to eat for everyone and then all had blue tongues!
And also we with Annabeth used real swords and after each rehearsal and performance we have been bruised. All for epic battle with a real metal sounds!
Spoiler: "eeee pjo" • show

One day my friends immediately needed Marshal Lee for performance and I was the only one who could quickly do something relatively decent. In fact, I'm not sorry.
Spoiler: "eeee what" • show

Abigail Walker from inFAMOUS: Second Son. I did it only because I had relevant hair length and color :D
Spoiler: "eeee ????" • show

Dipper - inimitable cutie - Pines!
If you want - I can find video from performance!
Spoiler: "eeee what is going on" • show

Note - a person who stand with me in the last photo have almost the same last name as mine. Ama - Sklar, and he - Shklar. People often confused between us.

Chloe from Life Is Strange! If you think that I did it only because my hair was suitable color... you're right хD
Why do I need wigs if I can dye and cut my hair ?!
Spoiler: "eeee Bag of Milky Ways" • show

And the last - Alex from OXENFREE. This was beginning of august this year, aha. Just for fun AND U KNOW. YEAS. HAIR.
Spoiler: "eeee frabær" • show

And it just cosplays. I still have a bunch of costest.
One for you.
Spoiler: "eeee goddess" • show

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:32:04 AM by heiteru »
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #307 on: October 03, 2016, 11:22:53 PM »
Oh wow, those are great! I especially like Dipper, Nico and uh Sigrun obviously *cough*.

On the Chloe cosplay, is that a tattoo sleeve or did you paint that?!
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #308 on: October 05, 2016, 05:17:45 AM »
Oh wow, those are great! I especially like Dipper, Nico and uh Sigrun obviously *cough*.
Thanks! Haha, probably thirteen years old pretty boys get my best  ;D

On the Chloe cosplay, is that a tattoo sleeve or did you paint that?!
My friend (animator by education, so that man knows how to draw things) painted it on my hand using gouache in a few hours.

chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #309 on: October 05, 2016, 11:25:10 AM »
Those are actually pretty good Heiteru especially the one of Chloe, and I actually don't think I've ever seen anyone do a cosplay of Alex, so I can safely say that yours are the best I've seen.
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #310 on: October 05, 2016, 01:11:44 PM »
JacobThomsen, aww thank you.
I don't think that my Chloe cosplay is good, because you can always do better. and yet I know so many wonderful cosplayers of this character, haha  :)) All love for them.
I very rarely seen any OXENFREE cosplay on the Internet, so... it's very easy to be the best, if you haven't competitors x)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:14:12 PM by heiteru »

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2016, 11:54:40 PM »
Quote from: heiteru
My friend (animator by education, so that man knows how to draw things) painted it on my hand using gouache in a few hours.
Daaang. That's really impressive. I've spent half a day just trying to paint my face in a certain pattern, but that didn't even hold a candle to those tattoos.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2016, 03:41:43 PM »
Jhev, practice, practice and practice again, mon ami! the more we tried - the better and faster we achieve the desired result :>

faea

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
So...I need some advice. 

After nearly 20 years I've stepped onto a masquarde stage for the first time.  It was fun, I had a riot and the crowd took my costume and presentation just the way I wanted.  I was never going to win anything, but I left the show with people asking me eagerly what i was going to do next.  That was awsome.  So I decided to look around and reach out...only to realize the landscape has changed and I'm not sure I have anyone to reach out to.  So my conumdrum is, outside of ssss, I do my own thing, and I'm not sure that is okay any longer. 

My costume for the masquarde was a red duct tape overdress, and underdress of american tax papers (seriously I ordered booklets directly from the IRS and used that).  I was 'the auditor' and threated to audit the judges.  Now I'm considering what I'm going to do next and when i look online I only see cosplay stuff.  there doesn't seem to be any resource, forum, or anything else available if your not cosplaying. In fact apparently 'original costume' cosplay seems to be frowned upon and a hot topic.   Honestly I think cosplaying is cool, but i'm not up to that skill level and i'm doing my own thing, currently with duct tape.  For instance the three next ideas are a ssss costume, a disco woodpecker who dances to 'i survive', and a dragon in shining armor.  All made with duct tape of course. 

Of course I'm wondering if I'm allowed to enter contests any more because they're now 'cosplay contests' and all about level of craftmenship.  Some do seem to specifically say cosplay only and others are unspecific.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »
Personally I think it rather sad that original cosplay is falling out of fashion - a friend once went to a masquerade as the Australian Economy - he went barefoot in sackcloth and ashes, with strategically placed writs and busted bonds. Much to be said for humour and originality. I laughed a lot at your description!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!