Author Topic: Cosplay (non-SSSS)  (Read 45717 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Cosplay (non-SSSS)
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »
Dammit Fimby XD you do NOT want to know where my brain went with that... >_>

I don't think I need to know, I have an active imagination. And I imagine it involves quite a lot of crack-shipping.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:51:21 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »
I don't think I need to know, I have an active imagination. And I imagine it involves quite a lot of crack-shipping.
maybe not as crack as you think...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »
maybe not as crack as you think...

The tags by themselves are a work of art.

"basically these are two nasty people who don't know what risk aware consensual kink is"
"Pistol-Whipping"
And a haiku of sorts: "Bromance - Mildly Dubious Consent - Parenthood"

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2015, 01:23:08 PM »
I fiiiinally finished editing photos so here are all my cosplay-related posts from Närcon:

Cosplay 1: cosplays I recognized.
Cosplay 2: cosplays that I didn't recognize but were too cool to not photograph.
Cosplay 3: my biggest personal weaknesses, cosplay-wise.

Awesome cosplays up ahead, just saying! Närcon is a great opportunity for cosplay-hunting. :3

Gwenno: I may or may not be a super cheap person when it comes to materials, if there's a non-expensive option I'll go for it! :D Besides Dragon Age 2 features some really, REALLY thick armour pieces so I felt worbla or some similar material just would not look clunky enough. A friend suggested camping mattresses, I thought of it for a moment and got myself two cheapo 6mm ones and well, they were perfect.
The group of people in the 3rd picture (part 2) are Inklings from the game Splatoon! :)
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »
The group of people in the 3rd picture (part 2) are Inklings from the game Splatoon! :)

Added, thank you!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
All Furiosa is good Furiosa, and Fury Road cosplays in general make the world a better place. If I had to guts to shave my head I'd go for Furiosa as well but I'm a wimp so... no. Thank you for the help, I added the info to the post (figures, I never followed Fairy Tail so I know Bob-all about it, not recognizing the Baratheon one is a bit more embarrassing :D )!
Is there a reason why you wouldn't use a bald cap? I haven't done any cosplaying myself but was part of the costume group of when my school had plays and remember they could be pretty cool!
There's a ton of tutorials on how to do them out there, too..

Hmhmhm nothing happened here, move right along, I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:41:45 PM by Unlos »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
Unlos: a bald cap isn't a bad idea at all though! The only problem is that both Furiosa and Askeladden have a little bit of hair which is near impossible to fake... but for a fully bald character a bald cap would work well. I had a front row seat so to speak when we were getting ready for the competition and Thorin's assistant put on hers. Time consuming and needs pretty good make-up skills, but the end result is awesome!

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »
Unlos: a bald cap isn't a bad idea at all though! The only problem is that both Furiosa and Askeladden have a little bit of hair which is near impossible to fake... but for a fully bald character a bald cap would work well. I had a front row seat so to speak when we were getting ready for the competition and Thorin's assistant put on hers. Time consuming and needs pretty good make-up skills, but the end result is awesome!

Thank you Laufey:)
I googled Furiosa after my original post and saw the fuzz on her hair, leading to my edit. But Askeladden, with short hair? I'm obviously missing something, because when I hear that name I immediately think of this slightly creepy doll:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:34 PM »
But Askeladden, with short hair? I'm obviously missing something, because when I hear that name I immediately think of this slightly creepy doll:

This would be a different Askeladd from the manga Vinland Saga. :D

EDIT: also I notice I've been misspelling his name continuously in this thread but no idea why - apologies.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:39:41 PM by Laufey »

KMK

• Scout
Re: Cosplay Help
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2015, 08:35:19 PM »
It's fiiinally finished - well, almost. The wig is so heavy that the curls I tried to style in front gave up and collapsed almost immediately, stronger hairspray and curlers will happen before Närcon begins.

Now I just hope it won't be absolutely boiling hot during the convention because guess if this get-up would kill me, in fact you don't have to guess because I can tell right away that the answer's yes.
Get some of the freezer gel packs that are used on sprained ankles and knees. Freeze and tuck them into your waistband at the small of your back.  Also if you can secure them then you can place them over your collarbones and get the blood cooled before it enters your head. If you can keep your head cool the rest of your body can take the heat.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2015, 04:26:32 AM »
Get some of the freezer gel packs that are used on sprained ankles and knees. Freeze and tuck them into your waistband at the small of your back.  Also if you can secure them then you can place them over your collarbones and get the blood cooled before it enters your head. If you can keep your head cool the rest of your body can take the heat.

You know you're a cosplay addict when you immediately start planning on how to attach the gel packs best. :D In Iceland at least weather is VERY unlikely to boil you in your cosplay so props to Iceland for that, but Iceland offers about zero occasions to actually cosplay so... keeping this advice in mind for conventions abroad, thank you!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2015, 04:45:03 PM »
Woop! Just thought to post some actual photos of the cosplay so excuse the double-posting.

Photographer: Shila Forsman.
My waist is in reality NOWHERE NEAR that tiny so I'm suspecting a little bit of photoshoop flattery, but as a photo this is a pretty epic one!

Photographer: Shiro Ang Yeong Hui.
Yup, that's my real waist there, and also an epic photo. I was really happy I got to include my assistant in this photoshoot, her cosplay is really, really good.

Photographer: Mikael Hakali.
This photo just... looks so very suspicious. :D I swear I didn't spank my assistant (although arguably Morrigan could use some discipline).

Aaand finally the one photo that easily summarizes our whole skit. ;D

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »
Woop! Just thought to post some actual photos of the cosplay so excuse the double-posting.

Aaaa these are great :DD Especially that last one XD

I forgot to ask, did anyone recognize your Reynir cosplay?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »
I forgot to ask, did anyone recognize your Reynir cosplay?

Only hav, but hav is the awesomest so I'm counting them as "everyone who mattered". :3

Kat

• Super-Newbie
  • Mrow
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »
Hey. I was thinking about trying to do a cosplay for Sigrun, but I have no idea wher to start. I have never cosplayed before. I don't even know how to use a sewing machiene. Does anyone know of any good resources to help me get started? Thanks ^_^