Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2377801 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8610 on: July 24, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »
and the only reason i didn't change to alethryia's wonderful kellsification of my magesona earlier... is that i was worried about having a non-lalli avatar

Haha wait, I feel ya on this - I think I'm in too deep at this point to change my icon to anything other than Emil. It would be blasphemy. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8611 on: July 24, 2015, 07:22:49 PM »
also i really should go to bed now so ill be rested for an Adventurous Day
but i also need to prepare for when sunny hits admiral rank sometime soon
hlep

That is a tough one. I'm staying up, but it's also a bit earlier here.

I like your new avatar too! (but you're still going to look like Sweater Lalli in my head for a while)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8612 on: July 24, 2015, 07:30:02 PM »
I like the change too! It's more ... Personal somehow. Besides you still have Lalli on your tumblr, right. I feel like I've asked before but what did you have as avatar before you changed to Lalli? I think I have avatar-alzheimer, even for my own avatar-history.
It is, isn't it? I mean, Lalli is a very personal character to me, but hardly as personal as my own self-insert eheheh

I do indeed have lalli on my tumblr still. it's been like, three or four different Lallis, but before that I had this for the longest time:

it survived two url changes actually (from zeeruffleraptor to the-unicorn-haiz to unicorngender)
it was even my facebook profile pic for a very long time

(I don't remember the Dark Times before archery BMO. was it flowercrown-korra? maybe)

if you're asking for forum avatars, I started out with "bye?"-lalli
then this lalli

(but you're still going to look like Sweater Lalli in my head for a while)
good.

Speaking of avatar changes
anyone gonna mention sunflower
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:33:41 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8613 on: July 24, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
Haha wait, I feel ya on this - I think I'm in too deep at this point to change my icon to anything other than Emil. It would be blasphemy. :P

I honestly think you'd risk breaking the image of you actually being Emil if you went for something different, even if it's just one time.

It is, isn't it? I mean, Lalli is a very personal character to me, but hardly as personal as my own self-insert eheheh

then this lalli

good.

Well, your Lalli avatar kinda stands out, but on the other hand there are loads of Lalli avatars.

Yes, I should have remembered that avatar.

Sunflower is... Still a sunflower by the looks of it, but I'm no botanist so I'm not trusting that sign.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8614 on: July 24, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »
Well, your Lalli avatar kinda stands out, but on the other hand there are loads of Lalli avatars.
THE STRUGGLE
maintaining brand recognition, but... being mainstream

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8615 on: July 24, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »

Heh, I feel like there's some kind of unspoken thought that since Sunflower's, like, the forum-mom, we don't question what she does.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8616 on: July 24, 2015, 07:46:13 PM »
Heh, I feel like there's some kind of unspoken thought that since Sunflower's, like, the forum-mom, we don't question what she does.
especially not with all that blackmail she has on us......

oh and i think i remember all the avatars fimby's had in my time here:
the sigrun
almond-goddesses version of self-insert fimby
that gif thing?? something kung fu and explosions??
the sigrun but blep

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #8617 on: July 24, 2015, 07:47:19 PM »

I do indeed have lalli on my tumblr still. it's been like, three or four different Lallis, but before that I had this for the longest time:

it survived two url changes actually (from zeeruffleraptor to the-unicorn-haiz to unicorngender)
it was even my facebook profile pic for a very long time

(I don't remember the Dark Times before archery BMO. was it flowercrown-korra? maybe)

then this lalli

good.

I like the new avatar too. 'tis cute!
I like sunny's as well! :D

Let's see... For me, my very first avatar in the universe was hat guy from xkcd.  Then it was beret guy from xkcd.  Then it was the one I used to have here, of the guitarist astronaut.  Then it was a very emotional game dev named... Nate Fox? The lead dev at Sucker Punch Productions.  He was super hammy when he announced their newest game, and everyone on their site made his face their avatar when the game was released. 
After that site got shut down, I made this one and had astronaut man again, and now I have Posh Cat!  Quite the adventure.

Also, I just moved houses again. Another month, another home.  u__u
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8618 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »

Was the avatar photo too small to read? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #8619 on: July 24, 2015, 07:53:26 PM »
Pffffft.
PFFFFTTTTTTT
* Solovei has not changed her avatar since she joined the forum

GUYS GUYS IT WAS AMAZING. I'm four blisters richer and full of adrenaline and freshly showered, I had the best evening ever! The winner was my own favourite, you just... had to see that costume up close, I have NO IDEA how half of the stuff was even made. I don't mind losing to any of the three, they were all next level cosplay-skillful.

Sunflower: I cleared Iceland's semifinals first to be able to partake in this one, my first big cosplay competition. And yes, that was me singing, we really wanted to get some game references in so we booked a studio and just... went for it. No comments on quality but hey, game references! :D

Also feel free to move the cosplay discussion, no objections!

The whole forum: thank you so much guys!!! One of the best parts of this whole thing was you all backing me up, I was really, really happy to come back to this thread, most best ending for the awesomest competition!
LAUFEY YOU WERE AMAZING OH MY GOD <33 THAT SONG WAS GREAT
everything was great!
I actually liked your costume better than that girl from... was it Destiny? But yeah, everyone was good!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8620 on: July 24, 2015, 07:54:21 PM »

No good, we need more rebellious youth. Like, questioning everything, talking back, being YOLO and not eating our vegetables.

oh and i think i remember all the avatars fimby's had in my time here:
the sigrun
almond-goddesses version of self-insert fimby
that gif thing?? something kung fu and explosions??
the sigrun but blep

I think you're right, such memory very precise. FYI I had the Sigrun one to begin with (though I had to share it with someone else for some weeks). Then I got restless....

GUYS GUYS IT WAS AMAZING. I'm four blisters richer and full of adrenaline and freshly showered, I had the best evening ever! The winner was my own favourite, you just... had to see that costume up close, I have NO IDEA how half of the stuff was even made. I don't mind losing to any of the three, they were all next level cosplay-skillful.

Aww, we'll have to take your word for it. As long as you had fun - though I'd consider your cosplay next-level too! It was amazzzzzing.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8621 on: July 24, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »
No good, we need more rebellious youth. Like, questioning everything, talking back, being YOLO and not eating our vegetables.

...Then you're talking to the wrong person. I only talk back to teachers and eat only the tiniest proportions of vegetables.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8622 on: July 24, 2015, 11:10:37 PM »
I am at a party in Iceland. I have never been to a party before that wasn't a child's birthday party. It is an interesting new experience. Parting with the Icelanders. At 3am. The sun is coming up now. Not that it ever really set. Ok I'm gonna go now. Have a nice evening everyone! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #8623 on: July 24, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »
I am at a party in Iceland. I have never been to a party before that wasn't a child's birthday party. It is an interesting new experience. Parting with the Icelanders. At 3am. The sun is coming up now. Not that it ever really set. Ok I'm gonna go now. Have a nice evening everyone! :D
Glad you had a nice time! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8624 on: July 24, 2015, 11:24:41 PM »

I hope parting with the Icelanders is such sweet sorrow.   :o  (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Here are Stephen Sondheim's thoughts on the midnight sun of Scandinavia, from "A Little Night Music":

The vespers ring
The nightingale's waiting to sing
The rest of us wait on a string.
Perpetual sunset
Is rather an unset-
Tling thing...

The sun won't set,
It's fruitless to hope or to fret,
It's dark as it's going to get.
The hands on the clock turn
But don't sing a nocturne
Just yet...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: