Author Topic: Promotion Celebrations  (Read 216849 times)

Yastreb

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • May her brightness be among the stars.
Re: Promotion Celebrations
« Reply #2340 on: November 20, 2021, 06:42:23 AM »
Congratulations, catbirds! Welcome to the scouts! I've only recently been promoted myself; can I show you to the stores for kitting out once you've had your cake?
"Life is all we are. Life is what defines us. In the end, Life is the answer."

Ruler of Bartolomeu de Gusmão Airport.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2341 on: November 22, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »
Hey everyone, a round of applause and confetti for @Keep Looking who is now a full admin!!

And with that I will also say I am officially retiring now. I'm not leaving the community or anything, I've just decided it's a good time for retirement as admin, especially with grad school and work, I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to the development of this site and community as I'd like to have. If you want to chat, you can always DM me. I've been really lucky to get to work for you guys all these years and I know it sounds cliché and dumb but it has actually changed my life. I've been able to get jobs with experience I learned here, working on this site. I've met so many cool people and travelled around the world and I've learned so many things from you guys. This place has fundamentally changed me as a person. Thank you for that. And thank you for being such an awesome community.

*serious face* I expect you all to be as lovely and wonderful to Keep as you have been to me.

Thanks guys and good luck Keep! I know you're going to be amazing <3
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

catbirds

« Reply #2342 on: November 22, 2021, 12:09:39 PM »
Cool! Congrats Keep Looking! It'll be fun having you as the admin!

Best wishes for you and your work, Feartheviolas :)

can I show you to the stores for kitting out once you've had your cake?

Kitting? =^. .^=

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2343 on: November 22, 2021, 12:29:06 PM »

Kitting? =^. .^=

Well, a proper kit in the SSSS world does include a cat.

Though I don't know that the cat would appreciate being classed as part of the kit rather than as one of the personnel. Better not put it that way -- I think there's an ear swiveling in this direction.

Congratulations to Keep Looking (and to everybody else, I don't post in this thread very often.) And Feartheviolas, thank you very much for your dedicated work!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #2344 on: November 22, 2021, 01:09:24 PM »
Thank you so much, Featherviolas! It’s been a joy to have you!

Welcome, Keep! I know you’ll make a great admin for us!

🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #2345 on: November 22, 2021, 03:49:19 PM »
Congratulations KeepLooking. I am sure you will use your admin powers wisely.

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #2346 on: November 22, 2021, 04:29:02 PM »
Congrats Keep Looking! Are you going to make a speech?
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2347 on: November 22, 2021, 05:44:45 PM »
Congratulations Keep  ;D I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job as admin, just as Vi did before!

And of course, thank you and best wishes to you Vi  :))
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #2348 on: November 23, 2021, 02:45:03 AM »
Congratulations, Keep Looking! Thank you and good luck with whatever you're going to be doing now, Feartheviolas!

Yastreb

« Reply #2349 on: November 23, 2021, 07:02:00 AM »
Congratulations, Keep Looking! Well deserved, I'm sure.

Incidentally, with regards to "kitting out" - I didn't intend to imply that a cat was a mere part of the kit. I'd never call Fortitude that.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2350 on: November 23, 2021, 08:16:38 AM »
Keep Looking, congratulations! I am sure you will make a Most Best Admin! Butter Good and good luck in your work!

Ah, Yastreb, is that cat the inspiration for that lion in your story? And it may be that the expression ‘kitting out’ is not so common overseas? I was thinking back over instances in which I have heard it used and realised that those were mostly either Australian, military or emergency services personnel (I have heard Mungo and the Brat use it, and Chris W), or the climbing and spelunking community, or some overlap of these groups?

Viola, thank you for all the hard work, love and patience you have put into this fandom! Especially for your patience with my inept fumbling with technology and trying to learn how to use the Forum.  May your next adventure work well for you and bring you joy.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #2351 on: November 23, 2021, 09:08:15 AM »
Hi folks!

Thanks for all the congratulations! I'm really honoured that I'm able to be an admin here and I hope that I'll do a decent job of it (feel free to message me if there are any issues, I'm always happy to take feedback as long as it's in good faith). This community has been really important to me over the last few years and I hope I'll be able to help in some way to keep it alive and to make this place a good place for all of us. I'd definitely second Viola on her statement - I wouldn't be the person that I am today if it wasn't for this community and the people here, and I've learned so many things. I hope I can continue learning from you guys!

Viola, thank you so much for everything you've done as admin these last few years, and also thank you for the time you spent training me up! It's been really lovely working with you.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Yastreb

« Reply #2352 on: November 23, 2021, 07:10:54 PM »
Ah, Yastreb, is that cat the inspiration for that lion in your story?

Fortitude originally appeared in an Earthdawn RPG campaign from a few years back. The Maine Coon pic is how I imagined he looked as a kitten.

For the curious (and because of context), here's how he first appeared in volume 2 of my saga.

It came into view and stopped to stare at them. It was a large black cat-like creature standing about three feet high at the shoulder; its face was framed by a luxuriant mane. Eyes of dark yellow flickered between them, then flared brightly and faded to a dull glow. Its long tufted tail thrashed briefly, and then was still.
"Sevyarou?" whispered Tavrenn in awe.
Sevyarou!” gasped Haaki. “By the Dragon! They survived!
Tavrenn could sense Haaki reaching out to touch minds with the creature, and he held his tongue, watching the silent exchange for a brief moment.
As a child he had heard stories about the Black Lions, and often played with a Black Lion toy. When he grew up, and began his formal learning, he had read about some of the wonders of the Empire, and delved into the few records of the Hell Reign. The Black Lions had been prominent in those stories; powerful creatures infused with the Essence of Light to combat the corrupted Dark Essence in all its forms, and fearless in that duty. But the tales were tinged with sadness, for they had all perished in the Hell Reign, holding back the tide of destruction. To see one of them, in the flesh, was a marvellous sensation; a dream come true...

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #2353 on: November 27, 2021, 01:12:13 PM »
Cake time at scout headquarters!

@tehta to report at the Quartermaster’s office for kitting and mission details! And cake!

We are glad to get new troops! Every eye is needed, the are kadettes about, and who knows what they come up with!

Ps: this Promotion Celebration was brought to you by the Quartermaster’s office, Promotions and Celebrations Squad!

Pps: the Quartermaster’s office is trying out new recipe, GirlGeniusCake! Let us know what you think!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #2354 on: November 27, 2021, 02:07:51 PM »
Congrats, tehta!