Author Topic: Promotion Celebrations  (Read 216728 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: Promotion Celebrations
« Reply #2055 on: March 29, 2021, 12:11:32 AM »
Congratulations on becoming Rangers, Buteo and Vulpes!

And Sc0ut, I think you can suggest which airport you would like to rule and you are likely to get that one if it is not already claimed. I was fortunate that most people here had probably never heard of the one I wanted, which was the Outback airstrip at Giles Weather Station rather than a proper airport, so I was able to claim it unchallenged. Which was a nice whimsy, because the wilderness in that area is one of my favourite places in the world, as you can possibly tell from some of my fanfic.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #2056 on: March 29, 2021, 12:21:20 AM »
Congratulations, Buteo and Vulpes!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2057 on: March 29, 2021, 12:57:38 AM »
Yes, Sir, Ma'am! Let's see... Ah!

A post to thank and congratulate all the wonderful folk who put such time and care into this dear community is always in order!

Jitter, you are one of those who keep my world a little brighter. Paljon kiitos!

I am now off to support two other light sources in a fairly dismal firmament - feed my cats, and do a Finnish lesson on Duolingo.
 Eventually, I hope to be able to do more than assure you that the naughty cat is a viking....

Thank you all, and good wishes as well!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 01:29:12 AM by Buteo »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2058 on: March 29, 2021, 01:55:18 AM »
Huzzah, Buteo, out to do the Rangering.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #2059 on: March 29, 2021, 06:40:32 AM »
Congratulations, Buteo! Well done!

Vulpes, almost there! And ScOut too! AFAIK Róisín is right. You just choose an unclaimed airport. Jitter, i.e. chose Joensuu (JOE is the IATA code for it).
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #2060 on: March 29, 2021, 10:18:16 AM »
Sc0ut and Vulpes aren't quite there yet, but I'm sure they'll be ready soon! The Promotion Squad just wants to remind you that your actions are being watched and your score posts closely followed ;) You will be receive awesome rewards, such as more demanding missions and airports (airport may be slightly derelict).

And BUTEO you did it! Now you get to eat at the Rangers' mess hall the food is the same but doesn't that sound just grand? And, there will be cake at the Rangers' office. Come quickly before Hotakainen steals it again.

🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2061 on: March 29, 2021, 12:45:32 PM »
Cake!!

...rats - too late - again!

Eh, I'll finish off those blueberries, then...

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #2062 on: March 29, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »
🎂 :lalli:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Promotion Celebration
« Reply #2063 on: March 31, 2021, 02:57:09 PM »
It’s a bit tricky because there are several of users near each threshold but many are not actually here at all. So the “expecting” messages are only for those I happen to know. But I try to keep an eye on it :) Although Mirasol almost managed to sneak away for a while there!

Haha no worries, I didn´t even realize it myself. :'D

But now, many congratulations to Buteo for making it to Ranger!!! :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle:

Aww man, I´m also too late for cake, but at least I brought COOKIES! :squirrelcookie: :'D

I am now off to support two other light sources in a fairly dismal firmament - feed my cats, and do a Finnish lesson on Duolingo.
 Eventually, I hope to be able to do more than assure you that the naughty cat is a viking....

(Whaat, I think that´s definitly one of the most useful Finnish sentences I have learned so far on Duolingo. ;)
But don´t worry, soon you´ll also be able to tell people they should get lost and let you drink coffee in peace, which I also think is way up there on the usefulness-scale. (I don´t even mean that one ironically :'D))
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:10:58 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #2064 on: March 31, 2021, 03:45:50 PM »
And BOOM we have a new Ruler of a Derelict Airport!

@Sc0ut, please submit your choice of airfield to the Staffing and quartermaster’s office, Promotions squad at your earliest convenience. Your cake and other applicable celebratory items will be delivered to the location (likely followed by many of the Citizens and staff so please refrain from eating all the cake).

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #2065 on: March 31, 2021, 06:10:53 PM »
@Jitter, thank you for the warm welcome into the ranks of airport people! (I do react just like Lalli to most festive times so this is an appropriate image ;D)

I would like the Buyant-Ukhaa International Airport near Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia if possible! (for the record: It seems it's semi-customary to claim airports from one's country. Meanwhile I am not Mongolian, it's just somewhere i'd really, really like to visit one day. And they are building a new, bigger and better airport there so if a Minnion from around that area wants something local, they still have an option. Yes, I really did overthink this. Thank you for reading!)

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #2066 on: March 31, 2021, 06:16:57 PM »
Congratulations on your airport Sc0ut!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #2067 on: March 31, 2021, 06:24:51 PM »
Ulaanbaatar international airport it shall be then! Please make sure to keep it well defended! Yak beasts can be a real nuisance.

I don’t know the grounds for airport choices, but I believe that interest in the area is a very good reason to claim one! I happened to luck out and Joensuu airport both appeared in the comic and is in my childhood city, so I had no difficulty choosing :)

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #2068 on: March 31, 2021, 07:56:17 PM »
Wooo! Way to go, Sc0ut! And an excellent choice of airport, now I'm going to waste more time on the internet looking for pictures of it...  ;D
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #2069 on: March 31, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
Congratulations on your airport, Sc0ut!!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport