Author Topic: Promotion Celebrations  (Read 216765 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Promotion Celebrations
« Reply #1830 on: July 18, 2020, 06:12:54 PM »
And thanks all for pitching in and bringing the scene I wrote into reality :reynir:
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #1831 on: July 18, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
It's where our precious voting links come from!
Yes, but that makes even worst that "some reminder guy" that's using said links so often doesn't know well the place they came from... The "problem" is that this forum is so filled with great things that I feel there's no time to see it all. I've been trying to keep up with just a dozen topics and even that is not an easy task... :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #1832 on: July 18, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »
Is this... safety? No more constant fear of trolls? I made it! Thank you for the welcome into the safe-zone! :))

(But where did all that confetti around my computer come from?)

It worked! \o/

You have to use the proper kind of confetti.

Bahaha! I'd forgotten all about that! Thanks for the reminder.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #1833 on: July 18, 2020, 08:12:30 PM »
Vulpes, please be prepared to get a summons to the scout headquarters soon!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #1834 on: July 18, 2020, 09:14:47 PM »
Okay Jitter, wait a sec. When have you racked up that many posts? HOW DO YOU GUYS MANAGE TO HAVE THAT MUCH TO SAY!?

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1835 on: July 18, 2020, 09:21:29 PM »
Okay Jitter, wait a sec. When have you racked up that many posts? HOW DO YOU GUYS MANAGE TO HAVE THAT MUCH TO SAY!?

(Private messages are also included in the post count, therefore event organisers get a boost when sending confirmations and reminders.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #1836 on: July 18, 2020, 09:25:11 PM »
(Private messages are also included in the post count, therefore event organisers get a boost when sending confirmations and reminders.)

Wait, really? So that's how I've been getting up the numbers so fast!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1837 on: July 19, 2020, 01:09:40 AM »
Plus some of us have more idle time than we want, mostly while waiting hours for medical appointments or bureaucratic ones, hospital stays, waiting for people to arrive etc. The internet is very welcome at such times, also when the ‘chronic intractable pain’ thing precludes sleep. And it is good at such times to converse with Interesting folk across the world.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #1838 on: July 19, 2020, 05:37:19 AM »
Ran, I also have a bad habit of forgetting to put half of what I intended to say into a post and then I often post another instead of modifying the first  O:-) You have seen this on the Disqus too, where the number of posts doesn’t matter, so it’s more a habit than a strategy.

When I was counting up to the first 100 I literally looked for opportunities to post (while making a contribution that is) but after I reached safety I haven’t been hogging them on purpose. I’m just hard to shut up  :V

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #1839 on: July 19, 2020, 07:13:14 AM »
Oh, nice. I need to organize some event soon.

Plus some of us have more idle time than we want, mostly while waiting hours for medical appointments or bureaucratic ones, hospital stays, waiting for people to arrive etc. The internet is very welcome at such times, also when the ‘chronic intractable pain’ thing precludes sleep. And it is good at such times to converse with Interesting folk across the world.
Ran, I also have a bad habit of forgetting to put half of what I intended to say into a post and then I often post another instead of modifying the first  O:-) You have seen this on the Disqus too, where the number of posts doesn’t matter, so it’s more a habit than a strategy.

When I was counting up to the first 100 I literally looked for opportunities to post (while making a contribution that is) but after I reached safety I haven’t been hogging them on purpose. I’m just hard to shut up  :V

It's not a question of time, I really want to post more, but I just don't have anything to say!  :'( How can you guys not have that problem!? It's like I'm inherently disadvantaged...

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1840 on: July 19, 2020, 08:53:30 AM »
Ran, I wouldn´t call it "inherently disadvantaged" to not have the physical need to overshare everything. :'D

In the beginning I also wanted to get promoted quickly but didn´t want to make posts where I had nothing good to contribute, but when I was at about 20 I thought "Oh well, this probably won´t be happening anytime soon anyway, I´ll be lucky if I ever reach the safe zone." and decided to just give up on that and return to lurking. Yeah, and then the chapter break happened... And I looked at the count afterwards and it was at about 90... I honestly don´t know either how that happened.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:32:45 AM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #1841 on: July 19, 2020, 09:14:58 AM »
Ran, probably half of the posts are along the lines of ”I like your painting” etc, short comments that are community value but don’t really have a very large information quantity to them :) Following the art thread for example results in a good number of posts soon. And the events crop up lots of comments, not just for the organizers but for everyone who are actively participating in the thread. When the next Chapter Break comes along, you are (again! You were always welcome!) invited to participate in the conversation. If you want to make something, great, but you are also welcome to “just” the conversation.

But, please bear in mind that it doesn’t matter. You are a loved member of our community notwithstanding what it says on your rank!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #1842 on: July 19, 2020, 07:28:25 PM »
Oh, nice. I need to organize some event soon.
It's not a question of time, I really want to post more, but I just don't have anything to say!  :'( How can you guys not have that problem!? It's like I'm inherently disadvantaged...
This is not a competition, my friend. If you are among your friends talking you don't count how many times each person speaks, right? Here is the same. Some will speak write more often, while others will mostly hear, and the other day they may switch positions, or not. The important thing is that each person enjoys the conversation. :)
Also, I second everything Jitter said. Your rank in the forum is not relevant, at all, to the way we see (and care for) you.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #1843 on: July 19, 2020, 08:14:08 PM »
Just a couple minutes ago, I've deleted a decently long post wrote in the literature thread. You know why? Because I was too scared to post it. Because I was uncomfortable with putting my opinion out for everybody to see. Because I may be among friends here, but I sure don't feel like it. So maybe you're right and this isn't a competition. But perhaps if I posted more, if I was keeping up, I'd be able to close the gap somehow. I don't see that ever happening, though. It's like everybody's getting further and further away while I remain stuck in place.

This is not the right place to talk about this kind of stuff, though. I'm sorry. I'll see myself out.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1844 on: July 19, 2020, 09:20:46 PM »
Hey RanVor,  I had no idea I was going to be a talker here, both because I am in real life a fairly silent character, more of a listener than a talker, unless I am doing something that involves performing or public speaking, and because I was a lurker for years before I posted at all. When I finally did start posting, I think it was to explain something like a name that someone had wondered about, and from there the conversation got so interesting I just kept talking. You might find the same.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!