Author Topic: 日本語? (Japanese?)  (Read 14335 times)

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
Re: 日本語? (Japanese?)
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2015, 03:25:27 AM »
こんにちは, blackberryblossoms! Of course you can use hiragana, if that's what you know.  :)
I'm using a textbook to learn Japanese, but there are lots of resources out there for learning kanji. I really like the mobile/tablet app "Obenkyo" for practicing kanji on the go.
Auleliel, ありがとう  ございます :) I will look into that app! I'm sure it will be helpful.
Also, did I spell こんにちはincorrectly? ooops.
:usa: native
:japan: learning
:sweden: learning
:chap9: Chapter break survivor

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2015, 03:40:48 AM »
Auleliel, ありがとう  ございます :) I will look into that app! I'm sure it will be helpful.
Also, did I spell こんにちはincorrectly? ooops.
No worries.  :) If you think of こんにちは as a combination of こん (this) and にち (day), it's a little easier to remember the spelling. (The は part just means that "this day" is the subject of a sentence-- in the old days they would have greeted each other with a comment about the weather or something like that, but it got shortened over time, kind of like how in English "goodbye" used to be a sentence but it has been shortened so much nobody notices anymore.)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
The book I've been using for Kanji is called "remembering the Kanji" by James Heisig ^_^ It explains all the different parts of each Kanji, the stroke order and creates stories to help you remember each one, although it doesn't contain the sounds so you have to look that up yourself as you learn :3 I've found it pretty useful. I also have an app called "Japanese Flashcards", and it was good, buuuuuuuut I've kinda been ignoring it  :-\ ..... oops.
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2015, 01:10:26 PM »
No worries.  :) If you think of こんにちは as a combination of こん (this) and にち (day), it's a little easier to remember the spelling. (The は part just means that "this day" is the subject of a sentence-- in the old days they would have greeted each other with a comment about the weather or something like that, but it got shortened over time, kind of like how in English "goodbye" used to be a sentence but it has been shortened so much nobody notices anymore.)
Ooooooooooh なるほど! that makes so much more sense now ! !

The book I've been using for Kanji is called "remembering the Kanji" by James Heisig ^_^ It explains all the different parts of each Kanji, the stroke order and creates stories to help you remember each one, although it doesn't contain the sounds so you have to look that up yourself as you learn :3 I've found it pretty useful. I also have an app called "Japanese Flashcards", and it was good, buuuuuuuut I've kinda been ignoring it  :-\ ..... oops.
ありがとう  ございます!

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »
You can also download a Heisig deck to Anki (flash card app)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2015, 06:19:31 PM »
You can also download a Heisig deck to Anki (flash card app)

Ooooooh, I didn't know that. Thank you ^_^

Roleplay doc

Bobriha

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2015, 02:02:51 PM »
https://youtu.be/r3sZKBnr6t4
The winter is coming and here comes a song of the winter.
Another but singer's beautifull voice feature if it is it's language. It's written in bungo. Is anyone else interested in bungo here?
majavanainen

Balthazar

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »
なんかこのボードも最近書き込んでいる人が少ないみたいなんだけど…

もしもし? まだ誰か残っていますかぁ?

まぁ、プロジェクトとして、4Sを日本語に訳そうと思ってとりあえず3ページ訳しました。

こう言うのやっていいのかどうか少し迷ったのでとりあえず3ページ。

ファンフォルムに出してるから大丈夫と思うが違かったら言ってください、すぐに取り下ろすので。

This board seems pretty empty recently...

Hello? Anyone still here?

Anyway, as a project I started translating SSSS to Japanese so here's 3 pages.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post these yet or not so it's just 3 for now.

It's on a fan forum so I think it's ok, but if it isn't just give me a shout, I'll take it down immediately.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5LNkb68p8phN1BHY1dLM29ETjg&usp=sharing

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2016, 06:39:16 PM »
なんかこのボードも最近書き込んでいる人が少ないみたいなんだけど…

もしもし? まだ誰か残っていますかぁ?

まぁ、プロジェクトとして、4Sを日本語に訳そうと思ってとりあえず3ページ訳しました。

こう言うのやっていいのかどうか少し迷ったのでとりあえず3ページ。

ファンフォルムに出してるから大丈夫と思うが違かったら言ってください、すぐに取り下ろすので。

This board seems pretty empty recently...

Hello? Anyone still here?

Anyway, as a project I started translating SSSS to Japanese so here's 3 pages.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post these yet or not so it's just 3 for now.

It's on a fan forum so I think it's ok, but if it isn't just give me a shout, I'll take it down immediately.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5LNkb68p8phN1BHY1dLM29ETjg&usp=sharing

I don't really know anything about whether it's ok or not, but these pages look amazing!! Thank you so much for your hard work! I've been wanting to translate SSSS into Japanese, but I am not terribly fluent XD.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
Hmm, should I ignore this? I hope I'm not doing something bad by trying to revive it (if I am, sorry, I'll delete the post?)

But hey! I recently met my future Japanese teacher - that's right, I'll be actually taking it as a subject in school, who would've thought? - so uhm, now I have materials to study!

...tracing things and books literally meant for first graders. I'm a child again, yay! (No really, I find this super cute and amusing) (and shoutout to Auleliel for giving me basic knowledge to understand what this nothing-translated book is trying to teach me, you're awesome) The tracing's what I get for neglecting to ever learn how to write and thinking reading would be enough, by the way. If anyone's doing my same mistake... Don't. Just learn how to write the darn things.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »
Hmm, should I ignore this? I hope I'm not doing something bad by trying to revive it (if I am, sorry, I'll delete the post?)

But hey! I recently met my future Japanese teacher - that's right, I'll be actually taking it as a subject in school, who would've thought? - so uhm, now I have materials to study!

...tracing things and books literally meant for first graders. I'm a child again, yay! (No really, I find this super cute and amusing) (and shoutout to Auleliel for giving me basic knowledge to understand what this nothing-translated book is trying to teach me, you're awesome) The tracing's what I get for neglecting to ever learn how to write and thinking reading would be enough, by the way. If anyone's doing my same mistake... Don't. Just learn how to write the darn things.
Yayyyyy, another Japanese learner! Don't feel bad about neco-ing the thread. I kinda need a push to study more as well and it will be nice to see your progress. You'll be surprised at how quickly you pic up hiragana and katakana, especially if you study a little every day. Best of luck to you in your lessons ^_^ I'd help if you're ever very stuck, although there are certainly Minnions who have more experience than me

Roleplay doc

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2016, 10:07:14 AM »
Yayyyyy, another Japanese learner! Don't feel bad about neco-ing the thread. I kinda need a push to study more as well and it will be nice to see your progress. You'll be surprised at how quickly you pic up hiragana and katakana, especially if you study a little every day. Best of luck to you in your lessons ^_^ I'd help if you're ever very stuck, although there are certainly Minnions who have more experience than me

Aww thanks! I actually had already picked up kana a long time ago... Just, I only learned how to read them, and that's not going to suffice for real Japanese studying.

The fun part of this book is how nothing is translated so I'm really reading it like a first grader - letter by letter, hehe. "Bu...ra...ji...ru... Huh, what? Buraji--OH BRAZIL OKAY" "Ki...mu...san...no...ka...zo...ku... Ah okay so we're talking about her family and--" Basically lots of reading out loud and being amused at myself. Just thought I'd... Share since this thread is for that, right?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Japanese tree names
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2017, 03:09:23 AM »
Konnichi-wa!

I recently took up kendo, which is conducted mostly in Japanese.  Luckily, I know how to count to 10, and I have learned the names of three strikes so far. 

Last week I bought my own bamboo kendo sword (I was using a loaner before) and got the fanciful idea of naming it.  It's about 4 feet long, about the size of a small Christmas tree, which made me think maybe I should give it a tree name. 

So can anyone supply the Japanese word for "redwood," "dawn redwood," "pine tree," or similar conifer?  Ideally something easy for a gaijin to pronounce. 

Thanks in advance!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2017, 04:02:48 AM »
Oooh, kendo seems like it would be great fun!!!!!

Hahah, well sadly for you the Japanese common word for redwood is "Amerika Sugi" which isn't particularly interesting, although I suppose it's rather easy to pronounce :P " Sequoia would be "aka sugi" (literally red cedar), and following that reasoning "sugi" is the word for cedar. Pine tree is "matsu" and is actually a common component in a lot of people's names. Some variations which may be fun for a sword name are "matsuba" which means "pine needle",  or "wakamatsu" which means "young pine" and is a symbolic new year's decoration here.

Some others (because I'm having a lot of fun with this)
"Roushyou" - "old pine tree"
"matsukaze / shyoufuu" - "the sound of wind though pine trees"
"kuro matsu" - "black pine"
Oh, and "take" (pronounced "ta-ke") is the word for "bamboo", and "take no ko" the name for "bamboo shoot" seeing as the thing is bamboo

Hopefully that wasn't too much of a Japanese nerd out there :P

Roleplay doc

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2017, 06:56:26 AM »
Oooh, kendo seems like it would be great fun!!!!!

Hahah, well sadly for you the Japanese common word for redwood is "Amerika Sugi" which isn't particularly interesting, although I suppose it's rather easy to pronounce :P " Sequoia would be "aka sugi" (literally red cedar), and following that reasoning "sugi" is the word for cedar. Pine tree is "matsu" and is actually a common component in a lot of people's names. Some variations which may be fun for a sword name are "matsuba" which means "pine needle",  or "wakamatsu" which means "young pine" and is a symbolic new year's decoration here.

Some others (because I'm having a lot of fun with this)
"Roushyou" - "old pine tree"
"matsukaze / shyoufuu" - "the sound of wind though pine trees"
"kuro matsu" - "black pine"
Oh, and "take" (pronounced "ta-ke") is the word for "bamboo", and "take no ko" the name for "bamboo shoot" seeing as the thing is bamboo

Hopefully that wasn't too much of a Japanese nerd out there :P

This is GREAT!  Thanks so much!  I like learning about the structure of words.  Like, does the "kaze" part of "matsukaze" = "wind"?  As in "kamikaze," which I know literally means "divine wind"? 

And Fred Korematsu, the Japanese-American civil rights hero whose birthday we just celebrated -- does the "-matsu" part of his name mean "pine"?

I'm leaning towards "Matsuba" or "Wakamatsu" as a sword name.  I really appreciate the suggestions!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: