Author Topic: Personal Dreamworld  (Read 25590 times)

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
Re: Personal Dreamworld
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2017, 08:39:18 AM »
I'd have something similar to my family hut nearby the small town of Helgeroa in southern Norway. A forest in a small valley between rocky terrain and mountains right up by a fjord

Something like this,

Or this (wihtout the city, obviously)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:27:38 PM by ZanarNaryon »
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: :A2chap06: :A2chap07:

Daywalker

• Super-Newbie
  • *longingly stares into the abyss*
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2017, 01:46:45 AM »
I'd think mine would be in some forest of trees that you can't tell the difference of from the night sky. There'd also be some level of a stone or sandstone even obsidian? structure thats bottom floor is being flooded by water, in which is falling from the hills that surround the whole place down into a hole. Where does the hole go? I don't think anyone wants to know. It'd also be cool if it was just barely able to keep the weight of a person or two inside it, with all the plants trying to tear it down... I hope it doesn't collapse though o Ap

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2017, 07:51:32 AM »
Dilandu, have you yet discovered the Weird Dreams Thread in the Personal board? This would fit perfectly there!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
Dilandu, have you yet discovered the Weird Dreams Thread in the Personal board? This would fit perfectly there!

Frankly, no. Thank you for the tip.

Roulietta

• DeviantArt
  • Hapless ham-fisted French
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »
I think my dreamspace would be a place quite similar to the "pink granite" coast (aka La Côte de Granit Rose) in french Britanny/Bretagne.
I always found the sea very appeasing, and those rocks are just the best place to explore and chill on the top of it.

Default settings: :france:
Oddly more or less mastered : :uk:
Studied it five years and still can't speak a word: :spain:
Seriously studying and can swear in this language: :german:

WeirdnessUnfolds

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2017, 09:59:17 AM »
Hmm, this is a kinda tough one, but I have a fascination and fondness of bustling cyberpunk cities with languages that I can't understand. If it was more natural, it would be lush, green hills as far  as the eye can see with medieval ruins scattered around, and a cloud-free sky.
Native: :sweden:     Fluent : :uk: :sweden:  Comprehend fairly well, written and spoken :norway:  Comprehend fairly well, written: :denmark: :germany:

Chapter break survivor : :chap19::chap20::chap21:

refract3d

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2018, 12:46:20 AM »
Is this thread dead?

If we're going off of places we have a strong bond with, it'd be the Adirondacks in upstate NY for me. Sudden summer thunderstorms whiting out the mountains across the lake, transforming everything to silver, rain pouring down and then suddenly it stops! The air is clean and smells of hemlock trees and damp earth. Feathery conifers and white peeling birch stand on a bed of honey-gold pine needles interspersed with streams and ferns and lichens and glacier-scarred boulders. The garnet sand and cold, clean water. Lying on the wooden dock at midnight, gazing up at the Milky Way and understanding just how vast the universe is and how connected we are. A hiking trail with clean rivulets falling step-by-step down their twisting stone path. The flat expanse of the marsh with its dead trees, full of life. Glorious fall colors. Rivers and rocks and wood-marked trails, bridges and steps overlooking now-peaceful stone and now-rushing whitewater.

If I had to simplify it down to a thematic place I keep coming to in my dreams, it would be a combination trail of wooden walkways and bridges through forest and over misty water, and a hill filled with old trees and worn boulders. Sometimes my dreams have a sense of urgency, but the places themselves are very lovely and seem to be what my mind pulls from over and over through the years. I don't know what it is about wooden walkways, but they are very peaceful to me.

Native language: :usa:
A little :vaticancity: :japan: Korean
Learning :norway: :spain:

Ask me about cuttlefish!

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2018, 01:34:26 AM »
That forest is absolutely lovely!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Noxyoursox

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Snow Cat, a species long thought nonsensical
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2018, 11:32:45 PM »
I feel like mine would look a lot like Xwotʼqom, which is a waterfall in the woods near where I was born with a pretty bridge in front of it. It wouldn't be nearly this sunny though XD probably raining with some thunder and lightning. My sanctuary/wake-up place would be a big tree with a hollow space under the roots. There would be a lot of huge rocks and blackberry bushes walling it off and preventing people from getting in.

I came in the blue light
Just before dawn
To speckle with pawprints
Your snow-covered lawn

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2018, 04:18:41 AM »
That's so soothing and the prettiest green.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2018, 04:14:29 PM »
Hmm, I keep winding up in cities. Sometimes a whole series of dreams over weeks or months all in the same area. Sometimes when I'm there I'm really there. I get confused with my day to day real life. It's sort of like a reverse deja vu. Some of the cities have been sort of apocalyptic, not ruined just very empty. Sometimes I can tell they are composites of real places I've been. Some exist only in my dreams.

Maybe this should be in the Weird Dreams Thread?
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

hexdit

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Quickest Book-reading in the West
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2018, 12:08:48 AM »
I would have a huge, rainy, foggy ocean/lake, with no land, where you just float on the storm wind. It would be like 45 farenheit, too. the water is smooth like glass, and you can skate on it. off in the distance there are really vivid rainbow-coulored mountains. and dragons live there.
native: :usa:
learning: :japan:
someday: :vaticancity: :finland:
"I don't care what I say, I like me" - Erma Bombeck

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2018, 02:17:05 AM »
I would have a huge, rainy, foggy ocean/lake, with no land, where you just float on the storm wind. It would be like 45 farenheit, too. the water is smooth like glass, and you can skate on it. off in the distance there are really vivid rainbow-coulored mountains. and dragons live there.
Sounds like fun.  How do you picture your boat/ vessel?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

hexdit

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Quickest Book-reading in the West
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2018, 10:59:59 PM »
Sounds like fun.  How do you picture your boat/ vessel?
There isn't one, and I'm just sitting/standing on the smooth water, and possibly floating.
native: :usa:
learning: :japan:
someday: :vaticancity: :finland:
"I don't care what I say, I like me" - Erma Bombeck

Blackbird

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her/Hers
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2019, 11:49:50 PM »
I'd say it would probably resemble Tioman Island, as I spent a good chunk of my youth there, and it contains everything I'd actually want in a dreamland. Swimming, animal life, forests, an extinct volcano, beaches.

My version would probably have no settlements save for a lone building with a comfy bed and a good view, because screw people this is my dream world where I go to be ALONE.
“Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all.”
-Andrzej Sapowski

Fluent: :usa:
Learning: :spain:
Types in occasionally: :uk:
Summons demons in: :vaticancity: