Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 142408 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #315 on: July 29, 2015, 10:54:17 AM »
I'll never be over those draws tbh. If you haven't seen them all yet (and are OK with some blood), go look, because they are super lovely. ((especially Lalli. ooooooooo I want to do those injuries really bad, but I'm not a very good lalli. i'm kind of hoping curry will let me do it on their face some time))

Spoiler: show

Seriously, I tried to recreate the above as accurately as I could, and I kind of have a passion for fake blood, so there is quite a bit of it. The placement on several of the injuries is super off but I did do all of the ones pictured in the draw.
[spoiler]
lmao sorry I'm not wearing a binder or any good Reynir clothes. I didn't want to get anything important unnecessarily messy

this is a bad photo of me, but aaaaa look at the skin around the cut

ooh dang look at that bite mark

also!!!!! I made a flower crown, and of course, obligatory blanket selfies

again, sorry that all the injuries are in the wrong places! I should be better about using my references B) Oh well!

[/spoiler]

These are great! The fake blood and wounds are really convincing! (at least, I hope they're fake...  :P)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2015, 11:18:54 AM »

I was editing my con photos and randomly came across this one - had forgotten about it already but Reynir finally found a palm tree. :D
PERFECTION
O_O
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »
A wig can still be salvageable no matter how messy it is! I did a little tutorial on how I saved a large hair extension piece that was basically just a knotty, greasy mess when I got it. :)

Also thank you everyone on all your nice comments on my cosplays, I can't reply to each one of the separately but just know they make me feel all warm and happy!

This is great! (saved link)
I'll eventually try when I'm back from Rome (goin to see my granys). We are leaving from home tomorrow in early morning.

OK
That's it!
this wins the internet.
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »
Ahaha I actually did a Tuuri closet cosplay quite a while ago in the ssss addict thread

...........oops stop pushing my closet cosplay buttons

I tried to do a Tuuri-eeee but it didn't quite work out

I think it was because I was talking about my Hotakainen nose and gigantic Minna-face?? I like to call my face shape 'moon' because its giant and round and white
YEET

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2015, 01:42:17 PM »
Then I realised I wasn't satisfied because I haven't seen a Tuuri cosplay either. Sooo

You make a cute Tuuri!
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »
jeez, some great htings have happened and I can't keep up with it all?? reynir/palm tree, more femmil (swoons), SPARKLES, emol, the blood thing... i apologize for the pointlessness of this post i just. THROWS APPRECIATION AT U ALL you are great
you'll know where to find me.

Kat Sohma

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Neopolitan Stan
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:29 PM »
Ahaha I actually did a Tuuri closet cosplay quite a while ago in the ssss addict thread
I think it was because I was talking about my Hotakainen nose and gigantic Minna-face?? I like to call my face shape 'moon' because its giant and round and white
Ooooooooooo. Nice. I haven't been in that thread so I never saw it xP (Ur cute btw)
You make a cute Tuuri!
Eeeeeeeeee thanks “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:59:14 PM by Kat Sohma »
Intergalactic nb lesbian, at your service. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book1: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2015, 04:57:31 PM »

Excuse my trash wig, it's my group's backup Emil, and I had to go along with using it because the Original Emil is at wafflenut's house.

You do have a special talent for those enthusiastic/fierce facial expressions. It's a good thing to have when you're cosplaying a passionate pyromaniac.

Aah it's pretty low quality, but.....

That's great (or sugoi as they say in the world of cosplay. I think), and it will be even greater with that perfect Emil wig you guys have!

And my favourite from today...
(images removed at owner's request)

Your facial expressions are a work of art.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 05:58:55 AM by Keep Looking »

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »
Gwenno, noooo, I'm going to be home alone all day tomorrow and I'm highly impressionably ;__; dangit now I'm going to be closet-cosplaying both femmil AND tuuri
I took this as a challenge.

Excuse my trash wig, it's my group's backup Emil, and I had to go along with using it because the Original Emil is at wafflenut's house.

Also, some hair/wig shots because although the wig is trash I was cosplaying Femmil, after all

[insert glitter sound effect]

Hehehehehe, evil plan is working exactly as planned!!! I almost feel like posting more picture prompts but it's pretty late here  and it takes me forever to form a post as it is. You do good faces though :P very naturally in character ^_^ (Also, why was the Tuuri not posted here sooner?????? Tuuri cosplay most definitely needs to be with the cosplays because otherwise it might be missed  :-[ )

Aah it's pretty low quality, but.....

It's just so beautiful  :o sparkles were the only thing that could make this picture better, thank you kind Minnion for your services!
(ah also that's some nice blood and stuff, bite marks are especially realistic although I hope Reynir will never look anything like that in cannon!)

Kat Sohma - Bwahahaha, wow it really looks like you had a lot of fun with these  ;D So uh, are you planning on becoming the entire SSSS team over the course of cosplay? You seem to be copying (quite wonderfully at that) quite a few of our crew's shining moments.... I would definitely not complain if you did, but it's good to know these things :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2015, 10:52:21 PM »
I actually did Tuuri too, but I dunno how to do selfie....... maybe tomorrow I'll try it!
maybe....
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »
This thread makes me want to cosplay so badly, but all I have is a poofy white vest and like 10 homemade masks  :-\
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
Ana made an AMAZING Lalli cosplay out of the curtains in my bedroom and it looks amazing, but she is too camera shy to let me take pictures. She made a full on tunic out of my curtains. She even made a Lalli hat hood thing!
Also her Finland hat from SatW is amazing as well  ;D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:39 PM »

(S)he accidentally ripped the catalogue he was trusted with by Emil, and Emil only gave it to him because "These aren't even words!"

I might make a couple of gifs of the other members of the crew if I feel up to the challenge.
[/quote]

The expressions came out great! Nice work! :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2015, 10:18:18 PM »
Ana made an AMAZING Lalli cosplay out of the curtains in my bedroom and it looks amazing, but she is too camera shy to let me take pictures. She made a full on tunic out of my curtains. She even made a Lalli hat hood thing!
Also her Finland hat from SatW is amazing as well  ;D

I wasn't going to show the prototype, but since you mentioned it....
Ok, before I do though, keep in mind that this is a prototype, to figure out the shape of the tunic and hat. They are not the right colors. I know. But I have the right fabric now, and as soon as I dig out my sewing machine, I'm going to make a real one.

Just realizing now that the arm holes are crooked. *sigh* This is why I prototype.

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:22 PM »
I wasn't going to show the prototype, but since you mentioned it....
Ok, before I do though, keep in mind that this is a prototype, to figure out the shape of the tunic and hat. They are not the right colors. I know. But I have the right fabric now, and as soon as I dig out my sewing machine, I'm going to make a real one.

Just realizing now that the arm holes are crooked. *sigh* This is why I prototype.

Guys! Those were my curtains! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help