Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404887 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #825 on: September 11, 2015, 02:22:30 PM »
AAAAAAAAA WHERE CAN I ACQUIRE ONE OF THESE

You can find stuff like this on Etsy. Unicorn stuff too for that matter.

YOU TWO

YOU CAN

GO HOME.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #826 on: September 11, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »
Spoiler: look who finally got around to drawing some of her characters • show

Or, the reason why I got much less sleep last night. Poor life choices art edition

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #827 on: September 12, 2015, 12:54:48 AM »
I've been in an art slump so I'm forcing myself to share some sketches.
Spoiler: show

An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #828 on: September 12, 2015, 11:29:33 AM »
Oooo, Jethan, those are beautiful. I especially like how you draw hair.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #829 on: September 12, 2015, 12:39:16 PM »
I never posted stuff here....
anyway I'm kinda working on an original story but I'm very far from making an actual comic of it right now for multiple reasons.

Right now I'm moistly working on the gods of the second world and my ghad it will take a while OHO
clic on the spoiler thing to see the stuff

-She is the dother of the god of time and a half human-salamander girl(that should suppousedly be infertilde, but we got help from the godnes of fertility)
-actually a minor god and she usually just control if stuff goes hour is supposed to go
-she sees all the possible futhures and likes to talk about tha weirdest worlds that could have been or the werdest outcomes with other people (she usually forgets about most of the futhures that have not been)
-also the long ears are how the normal human ears actually look like in that dimention
-she really likes to tell stories
she is gonna be one of the main characters, but i still have to work a lot on her, cos she is awfuly ner to became a mary sue...
I,m also gonna change her hair tho... instead of red-bond-purple i was thinking of changing it in Red-purple-blue (100 points to who understands why), so a redrawing on the way!
[spoiler] she is aro-ace
[/spoiler]

her hair are so much not inspired by (MLP)luna's hair =H=
-She is the godnes of time-space continuom
-she came to be when Calliope and her cousin (the son of the godnes of time) f***ed up with the space continuom and created a connection with our and theyr universe (this actually created some negative consequences for both of them)
-she consideres them her parents

+ this other one that is not that important to the plot, but since I'm working on creating the entyre mythology of this world... I would have had to draw her at some point

she is suppoisedly the godnes of fertility and her apereance changes in the corse of the month (a bit following the lunar or the menstrual circle)
also these are bunny ears

P.S. I'd love to talk about this project but I don't even know if anyone will care TTWTT
P.P.S. sorry for my bad grammar
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #830 on: September 12, 2015, 01:12:55 PM »
I never posted stuff here....
anyway I'm kinda working on an original story but I'm very far from making an actual comic of it right now for multiple reasons.

Right now I'm moistly working on the gods of the second world and my ghad it will take a while OHO
clic on the spoiler thing to see the stuff

-She is the dother of the god of time and a half human-salamander girl(that should suppousedly be infertilde, but we got help from the godnes of fertility)
-actually a minor god and she usually just control if stuff goes hour is supposed to go
-she sees all the possible futhures and likes to talk about tha weirdest worlds that could have been or the werdest outcomes with other people (she usually forgets about most of the futhures that have not been)
-also the long ears are how the normal human ears actually look like in that dimention
-she really likes to tell stories
she is gonna be one of the main characters, but i still have to work a lot on her, cos she is awfuly ner to became a mary sue...
I,m also gonna change her hair tho... instead of red-bond-purple i was thinking of changing it in Red-purple-blue (100 points to who understands why), so a redrawing on the way!
[spoiler] she is aro-ace
[/spoiler]

her hair are so much not inspired by (MLP)luna's hair =H=
-She is the godnes of time-space continuom
-she came to be when Calliope and her cousin (the son of the godnes of time) f***ed up with the space continuom and created a connection with our and theyr universe (this actually created some negative consequences for both of them)
-she consideres them her parents

+ this other one that is not that important to the plot, but since I'm working on creating the entyre mythology of this world... I would have had to draw her at some point

she is suppoisedly the godnes of fertility and her apereance changes in the corse of the month (a bit following the lunar or the menstrual circle)
also these are bunny ears

Aaah, those drawings are so pretty! I really like your style, and the way you've made names for them is really fitting.

P.S. I'd love to talk about this project but I don't even know if anyone will care TTWTT

Why not take it to the OC Showcase thread?  ;)  That's the exact place for talking about projects like this!
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #831 on: September 12, 2015, 01:24:27 PM »
Aaah, those drawings are so pretty! I really like your style, and the way you've made names for them is really fitting.
well, i did not pass entire hours just to find a fitting name, for nothing ; P

Why not take it to the OC Showcase thread?  ;)  That's the exact place for talking about projects like this!
what?!
there was one all along?

why are there so many threads!!!! XI

P.S. thanks :3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #832 on: September 12, 2015, 03:24:08 PM »

well, i did not pass entire hours just to find a fitting name, for nothing ; P
what?!
there was one all along?

why are there so many threads!!!! XI

P.S. thanks :3

I know it's confusing, the way our threads have been proliferating.  But yeah, OC Showcase would be the perfect place for those.

I can either move your posts (this evening, most likely), or you can create new posts, copy this content into them, and then delete the old posts here.  Your choice. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #833 on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »
I know it's confusing, the way our threads have been proliferating.  But yeah, OC Showcase would be the perfect place for those.

I can either move your posts (this evening, most likely), or you can create new posts, copy this content into them, and then delete the old posts here.  Your choice.
I posted it there as a quote
is it ok?
But if you can move it I guess it would be better

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #834 on: September 13, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
I think it's appropriate. As opposed to starfish (despite the 'fish' part), whalesharks (despite the 'whale part') are actually something you could call a "weird fish".

*awkward mouth twitch*

Just for the record, in case anyone is keeping track, I am not the only one who remembers things that Laufey said in the past and then brings them up again.

And now for some random statistics

There are about 339 pieces of digital art
There are about 298 traditional drawings (this excludes paintings)

So given that this art museum has 604 arts in it currently, that means that 56% of this art museum is just digital drawings and 49% of it is traditional drawings. If you factored in paintings though, the divide is split pretty evenly between digital art and traditional art.

What sorts of things do we like to make art of? Well... mostly people. More than half of the art in this museum is art of people. There are about 360 arts containing people which means that about 60% of the art museum is of people in some way or forum. The rest is divided up into things such as imaginary creatures, scenes and landscapes, real animals, and abstract images.

And now because some of you are most certainly wondering, this art museum contains 129 Haiz arts, making it 21% Haiz.

Thus concludes the most recent statistics report for the general art museum.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #835 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:14 AM »
So every fifth arts creation is a Haiz  :o
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #836 on: September 13, 2015, 12:49:34 PM »
Thus concludes the most recent statistics report for the general art museum.

How Curry is this art museum? :0 probably not very I never post here
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #837 on: September 13, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
How Curry is this art museum? :0 probably not very I never post here

Curry this art museum currently has 11 Curry arts or about 2%
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #838 on: September 13, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »

Ahaha yep I thought so! Very small amount v_v I usually just post sketches and things to my paigeeworld if I post them at all
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #839 on: September 13, 2015, 01:22:53 PM »

How much Piney? Including the paintings? :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: