Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404748 times)

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #810 on: September 11, 2015, 08:41:25 AM »
'nother speedpaint.

It's getting colder here.

(Though not that cold. More rain-sun-wind-rain-wind-rain-sun type of weather. It's catch-a-cold weather.)

This is so super cute. I don't even really know why, it just is. (I love the slightly creepy, mostly just cute faces). Your coloring is always so smooth and subtle and lovely.

Lenny: I like the subtle shading in the back. And they're so cute! I also want to say "fluffy," but that doesn't quite seem the right texture. I guess snow can be fluffy?

I also love everybody's mersonas. So many different...uh, species? And flowy underwater hair is the best. maybe I'll just keep ignoring my homework...

More sketches, meanwhile. Originally supposed to be figure practice, but then they all turned into the masked traveler girl.

Spoiler: show

Yes yes yes! Another mask person has joined the Forum Art Museum ranks! And she's awesome. I love the design on her mask, as well as the rest of her costume.

I HEARD MERMAIDS SO HERE HAVE A MERMAID

Based off of the Atlantic Spotted Dolphin because they look cool and having a mammalian tail makes a whole lot more sense than a fishy one even if we're talking about mythical creatures ;D

Love this. I love how the spotting goes all the way up her skin and draws the whole design together. I also love her pointy dolphin tail. She looks like a friendly little mermaid. :)

RTR and Ana, your mersonas are beautiful <3

i actually
doodles my mersona a little more
even if the hair isn't so flowy

oh and as a side note, i've been reblogging a lot of great mersonas from the mersona tag to my blog

and I started doodling my OC sparrow spellcaster again. my beautiful bony vain child

Haiz, I think the best thing about your mersona is that she looks exactly like you. XD
Also, I saw the Sparrow doodles on Tumblr (including the colored one) and I have to say I love her design! It's hard to draw people so thin and sallow without making it look like you just messed up, and you do a great job! She's really well drawn and I like her design a lot.

Aaand once again this thread has been filled with lots of beautiful art while I've been gone!

Oh and, this is why I've been gone:

Note to self: never do anything this big again, because by the time you're almost done the file size will be over 1 GB and that will cause SAI to crash. Repeatedly. Luckily this time I remembered to save every 5 minutes.

Valid reason to be gone, this drawing is insane! The textures are amaaaazing, and I love the tattoos and the hair. It's a beautiful character design (that face, too, wow) and a wonderfully pulled off illustration!
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #811 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »
Here's something kinda cute I drew:

It was supposed to be an illustration of my character Orwell visiting the crazy lady next door, but halfway through drawing it I realized it looks a lot like Harry Potter visiting Mrs. Figg, so that's a perfectly acceptable interpretation. Ha.

This thing is only about four inches tall, so I had to ink it with my tiniest pens and coloring it was a huuuuge pain.
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #812 on: September 11, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
this is my new oc sentia, who is a partner-person to azean. azean really needs her help.

I really like her already! Especially her hair.

Whoa, that's only four inches tall?? Kudos to you for getting all that detail in!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #813 on: September 11, 2015, 10:47:29 AM »

It was supposed to be an illustration of my character Orwell visiting the crazy lady next door, but halfway through drawing it I realized it looks a lot like Harry Potter visiting Mrs. Figg, so that's a perfectly acceptable interpretation. Ha.

This thing is only about four inches tall, so I had to ink it with my tiniest pens and coloring it was a huuuuge pain.

The image is really cute/great! Also, four inches? *checks how much it's in metric* :o  I admire your dedication.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #814 on: September 11, 2015, 10:57:30 AM »

HWAT IS tHIS
WHAT IS ThIS
WHAT KIND OF BLACK SORCERY iS STHIS
the entire composition is so fabulous

aaah, they look cool! It's nice to see how much better you are at drawing hair now, it has much better fwoosh and floof and general flow, you know?

Haiz, I think the best thing about your mersona is that she looks exactly like you. XD
Also, I saw the Sparrow doodles on Tumblr (including the colored one) and I have to say I love her design! It's hard to draw people so thin and sallow without making it look like you just messed up, and you do a great job! She's really well drawn and I like her design a lot.
aaaaaahhh thank you!!
The mersona looking like me is kind of the point (PUN VERY MUCH INTENDED), so that makes me happy to hear! they are a 'they', though, not a she^^
same about Sparrow, actually - they're a 'they', a 'xe', or a 'he'. It's kind of amusing to me how many call them a she, because I'm seeing them as """biologically male""" (or amab), and have a tendency to call them 'he' in my mind, but forget how feminine they must look to everyone else.

sorry if this sounds rude or anything, I haven't been exactly clear on the gender identities of my characters and it's probably very confusing^^" I'm not offended or anything, I actually enjoy seeing what pronouns people use for my characters when they don't know. I think that the more feminine I draw a character, the bigger the chances are that they aren't actually girl. my characters are weird like that I guess

OH and I almost forgot
I drew Wendy from Gravity Falls a few days back
because she's the best and i love her
you'll know where to find me.

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #815 on: September 11, 2015, 11:28:32 AM »
The mersona looking like me is kind of the point (PUN VERY MUCH INTENDED), so that makes me happy to hear! they are a 'they', though, not a she^^
same about Sparrow, actually - they're a 'they', a 'xe', or a 'he'. It's kind of amusing to me how many call them a she, because I'm seeing them as """biologically male""" (or amab), and have a tendency to call them 'he' in my mind, but forget how feminine they must look to everyone else.

sorry if this sounds rude or anything, I haven't been exactly clear on the gender identities of my characters and it's probably very confusing^^" I'm not offended or anything, I actually enjoy seeing what pronouns people use for my characters when they don't know. I think that the more feminine I draw a character, the bigger the chances are that they aren't actually girl. my characters are weird like that I guess

Ha! That's a pretty legit pun. Also, thanks for clarifying (and not rudely at all!). I'll do my best to remember. ;)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #816 on: September 11, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »

This is adorable, I love it.  All those kitties everywhere!  And kittens on the shelf!  I especially like the kitties on the sofa.  You did a really good job coloring everything.  All of the characters are very alive and ooze their own personality.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #817 on: September 11, 2015, 01:34:37 PM »
OH and I almost forgot
I drew Wendy from Gravity Falls a few days back
because she's the best and i love her

Ooh nice, buff Wendy is amazing

i actually
doodles my mersona a little more
even if the hair isn't so flowy

Oh no, it's happening again

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #818 on: September 11, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »
Oh no, it's happening again
*points at laufey* NARWHAL WAS HER IDEA

also yes thank you buff wendy is best. punched a lot of unicorns i guess. let this be a testament to how much i like wendy that i like her even after punching unicorns

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #819 on: September 11, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »

It was juuuuuuust a suggestion.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #820 on: September 11, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »

... Ah, I get it, unicorns. Reminds me of this by the way.

It was juuuuuuust a suggestion.

I bet it was miss whaleshark.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:59:26 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #821 on: September 11, 2015, 01:58:11 PM »
Come to think of it, the whale shark was Haiz's idea. The responsibility is shared (albeit a bit weirdly)! ;D

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #822 on: September 11, 2015, 02:03:17 PM »
Come to think of it, the whale shark was Haiz's idea. The responsibility is shared (albeit a bit weirdly)! ;D

I think it's appropriate. As opposed to starfish (despite the 'fish' part), whalesharks (despite the 'whale part') are actually something you could call a "weird fish".

*awkward mouth twitch*

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #823 on: September 11, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »
... Ah, I get it, unicorns. Reminds me of this by the way.
AAAAAAAAA WHERE CAN I ACQUIRE ONE OF THESE

and haha yeah whale shark was best I could come up with to the description of "something that looks dangerous but isn't"

I think it's appropriate. As opposed to starfish (despite the 'fish' part), whalesharks (despite the 'whale part') are actually something you could call a "weird fish".

*awkward mouth twitch*
nyehehehe

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #824 on: September 11, 2015, 02:07:57 PM »
nyehehehe

YOU TWO

YOU CAN

GO HOME.