Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404868 times)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #795 on: September 06, 2015, 07:11:20 AM »
'nother speedpaint.

It's getting colder here.

(Though not that cold. More rain-sun-wind-rain-wind-rain-sun type of weather. It's catch-a-cold weather.)
Am notified of private messages via email.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #796 on: September 07, 2015, 06:00:14 PM »
Lenny: I like the subtle shading in the back. And they're so cute! I also want to say "fluffy," but that doesn't quite seem the right texture. I guess snow can be fluffy?

I also love everybody's mersonas. So many different...uh, species? And flowy underwater hair is the best. maybe I'll just keep ignoring my homework...

More sketches, meanwhile. Originally supposed to be figure practice, but then they all turned into the masked traveler girl.

Spoiler: show

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #797 on: September 07, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »
More sketches, meanwhile. Originally supposed to be figure practice, but then they all turned into the masked traveler girl.

*Very curious and interested* :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #798 on: September 07, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »
I HEARD MERMAIDS SO HERE HAVE A MERMAID

Based off of the Atlantic Spotted Dolphin because they look cool and having a mammalian tail makes a whole lot more sense than a fishy one even if we're talking about mythical creatures ;D
COOL MERMAID!!!

I was wondering what kind of mermaid I would be and then I thought 'puffer fishies!'

And the obvious problem...

I need to get out of the house.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #799 on: September 07, 2015, 06:51:40 PM »
I was wondering what kind of mermaid I would be and then I thought 'puffer fishies!'

And the obvious problem...

I need to get out of the house.

No, no, don't stop. We need more of this. Spiky mermaids are awesome!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #800 on: September 08, 2015, 10:08:34 AM »
RTR and Ana, your mersonas are beautiful <3

mithrysc: your character. is so cool. i think i have a weakness for masked characters (even though i'm kind of terrified of masks in real life), a weakness for wanderer characters, and girls with swords...... plus your art is great, as always.

I also love everybody's mersonas. So many different...uh, species? And flowy underwater hair is the best.
IT'S TRUE flowy underwater is so fun and most best.

i actually
doodles my mersona a little more
even if the hair isn't so flowy

oh and as a side note, i've been reblogging a lot of great mersonas from the mersona tag to my blog

and I started doodling my OC sparrow spellcaster again. my beautiful bony vain child

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:06:21 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #801 on: September 08, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »
Whaaaa this is so good and so pretty! Especially impressive since it's not digital :O

this is really pretty! I think you got the eyes and nose down :3

Thank you so much! :D

Lenny: Your speedpaints are so beautiful! I like how you do the lighting.

UFOO9000: I don't remember seeing your art before. You have a very nice style! :)

Viola: Like Piney said, this looks so much like traditional art! I can't believe it's digital! And the hair is so flowy!

Ana, RTR: Nice mersonas! You guys are very creative. I wanted to draw one too, but I took too long and now the mersona week is over...

mithrysc: I like the masked traveler girl so much! Your sketches look really nice.

Haiz: The expressions are so great! I really like characters with dark circles under their eyes for some reason... o_o
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #802 on: September 08, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Can't quote well on phone, but goooolly, the last couple pages in here are neat.
Len: I like your little snow-pals. They have tiny noses, and they're adorable. And Spike! *needs to watch that shoe but still recognizes the hair*

Mith: Gaaaah, that character is cool. Your poses and shapes and everything are fantastic.

All the mersonas made me chuckle. I especially like the puffer fish :D
Feel free to PM.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #803 on: September 08, 2015, 02:10:21 PM »
First off, though I don't have the patience to comment on every single piece of art that's cropped up here since I last commented, know this - you are all amazing, and I love it! All of it! Keep it up!

Second...

I'm not entirely satisfied with how this came out, but I think I know what I did wrong, and am proud of the fact that I was actually able to draw something. Whee!
This is one of the characters in a comic I've been planning for years. Who is she? Why does he look so glum? What's up with that funky anatomy? Find out... someday... maybe...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #804 on: September 09, 2015, 07:35:25 AM »
Aaand once again this thread has been filled with lots of beautiful art while I've been gone!

Oh and, this is why I've been gone:

Note to self: never do anything this big again, because by the time you're almost done the file size will be over 1 GB and that will cause SAI to crash. Repeatedly. Luckily this time I remembered to save every 5 minutes.
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #805 on: September 09, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
Mélusine: At this point I'd try to sate your interest, but she's so secret that even I have no idea what she's really about...

Haiz: I have similar weaknesses...which might explain most of my characters. :P

Daéa Reina: Thanks!

Eich: Also thank you! *is proud pose practice is paying off*

Adrai: Really nice, dramatic lighting! And yay for characters from long-planned stories.

Sumeri: So beautiful....and elegant...and swooshy....

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #806 on: September 09, 2015, 09:40:16 AM »
Mélusine: At this point I'd try to sate your interest, but she's so secret that even I have no idea what she's really about...
It's all right, I'm still interested ^^ (And I love when characters knows more than you but won't say a lot of things at the beginning :) )
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #807 on: September 09, 2015, 12:33:15 PM »

It's so beautiful!! I love all the swirly designs everywhere.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #808 on: September 09, 2015, 01:24:42 PM »
You keep improving, Kick! I really like this. May I give you a tip to further improve the eyes on your drawings? Under the spoiler, feel free to ignore!
I'm not too good with words so I've tried to draw what I mean:

Placing the irises in the exact center of the eye, with the rim on the iris touching the edge of the eyelids makes for a rather intense, focused and maybe scared expression. Eyes are usually not that wide open, and tend to cover a large part of the iris, often to a much bigger extent than I've drawn here as an example.
I know you have started experimenting a bit on your own, on some of the drawings you've done lately the eyes have been less wide open than before. On your latest drawing I see you've also added a reflection in your eyes (and on the hair), which is a very good way to make them look more three-dimensional.

I'm so sorry about not responding to this before, I didn't have the energy to for a good long while. But thank you for the eye advice! I really need to get better at expressions and having my eye mess up the whole thing won't help.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #809 on: September 11, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »
double posting~~~~~~

SKETCHDUMP

this is fleur. as in superhero lady who needs more backstory

this is my new oc sentia, who is a partner-person to azean. azean really needs her help.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney