Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404799 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #690 on: August 16, 2015, 05:23:32 PM »
Inbetween stuff, I do need to paint every now and then. So have another episode out of the world of blue...
... Will it be sad ? :( (The beautiful but sad kind ?)
Even if it's not finished, it's impressive :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #691 on: August 16, 2015, 05:34:56 PM »
Inbetween stuff, I do need to paint every now and then. So have another episode out of the world of blue...

Reminiscent of Catspaw's atmosphere~
I hope Robey and his beaky-horse can nurse the little fox back to health.
Feel free to PM.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #692 on: August 16, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »

These are a BUT LOAD of pictures I drew in the margins of a notebook I used for one class. I had this weird thing going on where I was OBSESSED with profile views for a whole semester, so quite a few doodles happened. Aliens, fantasy, and historical nonsense ensued.

[/spoiler]

Man, those are awesome! So varied and slick-looking. Profiles have always been the death of me, and I love the way you did them. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #693 on: August 17, 2015, 04:02:31 AM »

Have an old will-never-bee-finished-this is 12 years since I began and I've painted about one feather every second year so well. I dug out my watercolors for the art swap project and came upon this. Still don't think it will ever be finished though. The upper right corner is a lot more fun to work on and have received lots more attention than the left side of the painting!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #694 on: August 17, 2015, 11:57:44 AM »
I redraw an old art of mine like yesterday (2011 feb - 2015 aug)

I dunno why I even post it here ;3;
I just like the improvement
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #695 on: August 17, 2015, 06:23:48 PM »
wanna see my newest and cutest oc GOOD NEWS IM SHOWING HIM ANYWAYS

his name is esther and he is a messenger boy and also a disaster;; his shoes function just like inline skates only with XTREME SPEED

also @trinka im working on a little tutorial about colors+coloring for you, so dont think ive forgotten aha!
I like the colours and the quality of the linework, but here's a little comment, if you don't mind. The head bugs me for some reason - even though the proportions seem all right, it still looks a bit too small for the body. I suppose it's just my eyes and my lack of knowledge on proportions, though. Nevertheless, nice work!

Massive old sketch dump incoming!  It's mostly my university scribbles (mainly from autumn-winter 2014) and various abandoned unfinished work - no foam-inducing Oh-Cees or anything like that.
Spoiler: show

I have even more of that stuff that still remains unscanned.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #696 on: August 17, 2015, 07:10:00 PM »

Massive old sketch dump incoming!  It's mostly my university scribbles (mainly from autumn-winter 2014) and various abandoned unfinished work - no foam-inducing Oh-Cees or anything like that.
Spoiler: show

I have even more of that stuff that still remains unscanned.

Whoa!  Those buildings are really good, and the perspective.  I really like the first building through the tree, and inside the ship (I'm guessing it's a hallway inside a ship).  Really good sketches.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #697 on: August 17, 2015, 11:02:07 PM »

Have an old will-never-bee-finished-this is 12 years since I began and I've painted about one feather every second year so well. I dug out my watercolors for the art swap project and came upon this. Still don't think it will ever be finished though. The upper right corner is a lot more fun to work on and have received lots more attention than the left side of the painting!

So. Many. Ducks. Also, pretty impressive considering you started it 12 years ago! The colors are nice.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #698 on: August 18, 2015, 12:31:02 AM »
[...]

[...]

:O
*Tries to collect her jaw*
Wow these are all impressive and awesome! I love how you do the faces and buildings and the perspective!! Just...woah....

Ahhh this is so pretty! I really like when artist shows their improvement! :D
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #699 on: August 18, 2015, 01:28:13 AM »
oh my god did somebody say art

i'll stop drawing this oc when i die

new oc! shes a witch!

another new oc! they dont have face because i was too lazy to draw face. they don't have a name either, but the universe they live in is called "portal fighters" if you want any context.

scientist with very scientist hair

...i think i'm in oc making hell

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2015, 06:11:00 AM »
I redraw an old art of mine like yesterday (2011 feb - 2015 aug)

Very nice addition of details! Reminds me of Hetalia a bit. ;)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #701 on: August 18, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »

Oooh, I like what you did with the grass in this one. Something about the combination of tiny strokes and watercolour brush looks really ... grassy.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #702 on: August 18, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
Very nice addition of details! Reminds me of Hetalia a bit. ;)
I don't get what detail you men, and if a hetalia art reminds you of hetalia, maybe I did good job? (sorry, I barely draw else then hetalia)

yeah, I like them, but I am amazed when someone makes even bigger improvement, then this in a year, while for me, it took me YEARS...
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #703 on: August 19, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
Whoa!  Those buildings are really good, and the perspective.  I really like the first building through the tree, and inside the ship (I'm guessing it's a hallway inside a ship).  Really good sketches.

:O
*Tries to collect her jaw*
Wow these are all impressive and awesome! I love how you do the faces and buildings and the perspective!! Just...woah....

Thank you, but here's a thing about the perspective - it's actually horrible in many of these pictures.
For example, look at this sketch. The vertical lines here are incredibly skewed, especially in the right part of the picture. That's because I didn't have a straight edge with me to correct my angles back then.
Spoiler: Compare it with this - I fixed the perspective a bit with gratuitous abuse of Photoshop and its Free Transform tool. Much better, but still not perfect. • show

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:08:48 PM by Guardian G.I. »
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #704 on: August 19, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »
i did a couple OC drawing requests today. which is incidentally the most productive i've been all day haha

also still trying to figure krita out so things are a little weird

Edne if they were in the atla/korra-verse:

they'd be a metal- and earthbender!

Caithe's dumbest idea to date
........ one of her dumbest ideas, anyway

using one of Anrik's juice boxes as fencing practice target
and this is the moment she realizes she might be a little too impulsive and that's why she's going to die young
you'll know where to find me.