Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404752 times)

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #675 on: August 12, 2015, 06:17:55 PM »
AHAHA CURRY HAS IT QUITE RIGHT i really dont think i do anything too super special with my lineart;; the only thing that may be different is the sheer amount of time it takes me -- im super picky with my lines so ill undo and draw a line over and over again until i have it exactly right LMAO i made a short lineart tut a while back but it was incredibly unhelpful - i think the only way for me to really explain would be a stream AHA;; coloring, though, if you elaborate a bit id be happy to try my hand at one :^0 and, thank you very much trinka!!
Dern it all, there is so secret to clean lines except the obvious: be picky and take forever `•~•`

And by "cool flat colors", I mean that you don't really use much shading, but it always looks so cool and natural anyways. Like on the clothing, you draw lines, but no shading is needed. And your colors always work so well together, you have a great sense of color theory! When you do use shading, its always so simple and lovely, like in your hair or eyes. If we could get a tutorial on that, I'd be SO HAPPY. And of what I've heard, using "varying line thickness " is the norm in manga drawing, but all your lines appear to be the same thickness, but your pictures don't look stale and lifeless. :3
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #676 on: August 12, 2015, 06:25:46 PM »
hi i love all your art you great artists you

Curry: that is such a fab sardonyx omg

mithrysc: your style. is so great.

Oh Deer: birds of prey are AWESOME and don't let anyone tell you not to be interested in carrion bird because carrion birds rock. your drawings are super cool btw

Jethan: oh that's cool! The painting, at least. I feel bad for tristan

a while back Piney worked on a sketch I had sent her, and this time I haiz-coloured a sketch of hers! She drew my OC, Caithe:

(Piney's sketch)

I also did a weird soul-searching thing kind of very inspired by the movie Inside Out. Instead of drawing my 'Headquarters' and what my emotions would look like, I drew aspects of my personality as the four elements. ok whatever you say haiz

I didn't effort them a lot because I'm tired, the quick concept sketches drawn with pen look almost better... anyway here are explanations
Spoiler: narcissism • show

Air Haiz is the oldest. They are adventurous; they seek and explore. They are a whirlwind of creativity and enthusiasm, trying to do things their own way. They rarely stay still at the same place, always feeling the need to move onward. They’re not one for dwelling or deep thoughts. At their strongest they are a hurricane, and at their weakest, a slow summer breeze.

Fire Haiz is passion and drive. They want to blaze brightly for all the world to see. They are fierceness and bravery and strong emotions. They love, they anger, and they don’t hide anything. They may be blunt and honest, but they are also kind and protective. On a good day they are a bonfire, and on their weaker day merely glowing embers.

Earth Haiz is patience and order. They have the strength to pull through hard tasks, and to push forward when things are at a still. They are very calm and focus on healing, but are also the one to carry grudges and bad experiences from the past. They have a no-nonsense attitude and a strong sense of justice. Some days they are soft as clay or dust, other days they are hard as rock.

Water Haiz is the youngest. They are flow and change, precise and versatile. They take care of decisions, as well as thoughts - fleeting thoughts, deep thoughts, they’re the one to make sense of the swirling broth. They also follow the change in feelings and where it takes them next. Sometimes they are icy. Sometimes they are steam. Sometimes they fluctuate, but mostly they stay fluid. Like a river, or a pond.

you'll know where to find me.

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #677 on: August 12, 2015, 07:36:04 PM »
hi i love all your art you great artists you

Oh Deer: birds of prey are AWESOME and don't let anyone tell you not to be interested in carrion bird because carrion birds rock. your drawings are super cool btw
Holy Crap you're nice  :-[
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #678 on: August 12, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »
a while back Piney worked on a sketch I had sent her, and this time I haiz-coloured a sketch of hers! She drew my OC, Caithe:

Yesssssssss that looks so much more badass than my sketch! (In which I mean to say that it looks really badass, not trying to degrade myself)
Aaand looking at my sketch I realize I forgot the wings; I knew I'd forget something
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:55:52 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #679 on: August 12, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
Once again I come back to more cool art :D Waahh, Haiz, those element personifications are lovely!

Here's something I just finished, because hey, what better time to do art than at 4am? What is sleep

(lookind back I kinda wish I hadn't decided to cut most of the head out of the pic but meh at least the hair is nice)

At first the hair was supposed to kinda melt into a night sky, which I guess it's still kinda vaguely doing, but originally the entirety of the hair was shades of blue. Buut I changed it to be partly red because it looks nice that way :D The thing's huge, as always, for some reason I tend to make these wallpaper-size
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #680 on: August 12, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »

I made a painting of my story, but it turned out both glossy and fuzzyish once the scanner ate it...Which is slightly helpful since the faces were pretty messy.
It's called "Bad Luck Child" because Tristan starts out his story very sadly.

It's very pretty. I especially like how the warm colors of the background kind o f collide with the gray of the fireplace. :)

Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #681 on: August 12, 2015, 10:08:22 PM »
Once again I come back to more cool art :D Waahh, Haiz, those element personifications are lovely!

Here's something I just finished, because hey, what better time to do art than at 4am? What is sleep

(lookind back I kinda wish I hadn't decided to cut most of the head out of the pic but meh at least the hair is nice)

At first the hair was supposed to kinda melt into a night sky, which I guess it's still kinda vaguely doing, but originally the entirety of the hair was shades of blue. Buut I changed it to be partly red because it looks nice that way :D The thing's huge, as always, for some reason I tend to make these wallpaper-size

Can't figure out how to quote more than once piece at a time derp! The hair definitely looks nice and velvety- like something I'd want on my head! And that smile is very intriguing; makes me wonder what the rest was like. ;)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #682 on: August 13, 2015, 02:31:30 AM »

I love this, deciding to cut it off where you did was a good choice I think. It makes the whole picture seem so much more mysterious, like the Mona Lisa: what is she smiling about? And the hair looks like a veil, or a sultry silk. It all feels very mysterious, with a seductive undertone.
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #683 on: August 13, 2015, 03:02:03 AM »

The thing's huge, as always, for some reason I tend to make these wallpaper-size

This is gorgeous! And I love love the way you draw hair!
Ooo! So you say its wallwaper sized? :3c
*saves it as desktop background*
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #684 on: August 13, 2015, 05:04:26 AM »
EEEEeeeeyyyyy mah peeps, what up? So, my own art has been absent from this thread, and I feel like now is the time to remedy this. So here, have some art: something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. Jk jk. I have to say that I really feel the artistic juices flowing whenever I pop on here, so thanks for that guys, because sometimes I don't feel like I art enough Plus, the art style swap is coming up soon, and I feel that some reference material on my side is in order

This is very recent, like 2 days ago. Because the mood struck me, and so I just drew, without a plan where each bust was going. It was refreshing  :)

The rest of this stuff is... not so new. From last semester in university, and waaaaay back to Freshman year of college. There is going to be no order whatsoever, because ain't nobody got time fo that! And please excuse the often poopy image quality, you have my phone camera to thank for that  ::)

Spoiler: Lots of pictures, because I love to spam you guys • show

These are a BUT LOAD of pictures I drew in the margins of a notebook I used for one class. I had this weird thing going on where I was OBSESSED with profile views for a whole semester, so quite a few doodles happened. Aliens, fantasy, and historical nonsense ensued.

And I have MOOOORRREEEE where that came from, but I want to scan some of it, because it's in color. So you are spared from further art spamming for the time being.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #685 on: August 13, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
Haiz: I love that crazed grin, she looks like she's about to kill someone, but she still looks awesome.  I also like the elemental self portrait thingies.  Wind is my favorite.
Don't worry, Tristan will get a happy ending.  Eventually.  The middle will be nice too...partly.

Sumeri: That hair is so shiny!  I love the colors and the style and flow!

Trinka: I love the owls, they are so cute, especially the one with the little heart.  And so many portraits!!!!  You're really good at making distinctive character designs.

Silent Fox: Thank you! :)
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #686 on: August 15, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »
Aaaah, thank you so much to everybody who commented on my sketches! :)

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #687 on: August 16, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »
wanna see my newest and cutest oc GOOD NEWS IM SHOWING HIM ANYWAYS

his name is esther and he is a messenger boy and also a disaster;; his shoes function just like inline skates only with XTREME SPEED

also @trinka im working on a little tutorial about colors+coloring for you, so dont think ive forgotten aha!

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #688 on: August 16, 2015, 03:38:01 PM »
wanna see my newest and cutest oc GOOD NEWS IM SHOWING HIM ANYWAYS

his name is esther and he is a messenger boy and also a disaster;; his shoes function just like inline skates only with XTREME SPEED

HELLO NEW GODSON NICE TO MEET YOU
HE'S ADORABLE WTF,,,, I love this design so much. I love all your designs tbh. (also xtreme speed GOTTA GO FAST... NYOOM)
YEET

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #689 on: August 16, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »
Inbetween stuff, I do need to paint every now and then. So have another episode out of the world of blue...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 04:29:34 PM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.