Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404657 times)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2015, 12:16:01 AM »
KicknRun: "I'm not dangerous."  Yup, I totally believe her.  She feels like a very alive character.

Lainer3: EEEEEEEEEEE!  Beaded spiffiness!  I like sparkly stuff.  And swirly stuff.

Ooooooooh...Purple caverns, I like your atmospherics.  Makes me think of the crevice Lalli went through in the dreamworld.  And the shafts of light.  Shiny, shiny, I'm distracted by shininess.

And I have a little more art to share as well!
This is my main character Tristan making a wonderful first impression on my other main character Dhelran (the helmet guy I drew previously):

And then a pic where Tristan gets magic:

My scanner doesn't do a good job on color, but my tablet died again so I'm not bothering with digital art right now.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #646 on: August 08, 2015, 02:04:43 AM »

i for one genuinely like your art? but maybe i dont count since im weirdo art history student that goes !!! at pretty much all art ever, but hey you're 13 and your art is evolving at rapid speed and holy heck you're drawing backgrounds. and shading!! I like your use of colours, but on the background the red is clashing a bit with your character, so it might be an idea to colour your backgrounds less intrusively maybe.

haha i just like drawing backgrounds i guess(i know that sentiment is not echoed by many) but its less fun when you look back and realize you hecked up n the coloring
and yeah sorry about clashing colors my laptop is on lowest brightness all the time and i dont have a very good grasp of this "color theory" thing anyway
and yeah i guess i dont hate it right now but im getting these feelings really strongly while drawing and then they dissapate like an hour after and i hate everything

KicknRun: "I'm not dangerous."  Yup, I totally believe her.  She feels like a very alive character.

And I have a little more art to share as well!
This is my main character Tristan making a wonderful first impression on my other main character Dhelran (the helmet guy I drew previously):

And then a pic where Tristan gets magic:

My scanner doesn't do a good job on color, but my tablet died again so I'm not bothering with digital art right now.

haha i forgot to mention she's a accidental reality jumper, the i'm not dongerous is to prevent her for getting killed whenever she jumps into a new world (no she hasn't died multiple times already why would you ask)

and *narrow eyes and looks* at art interesting (i really wanna hear more about these ocs i wanna hear more about everyones ocs)

anyway i drew her again with no regrets

i tired currys coloring method but then i started hating this drawing and bs-ed it (i think half of it is just bc we draw hair rlly differently)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2015, 04:21:03 AM »
aaAAA ALL YOU GUYS HAVE LOVELY ART.....i love all your ocs, i love them, im now their godparent im sorry i dont make the rules
hERES SOME STUFF i did yehaw

YEHAW

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »
Soooo...
I'm curious.
I was unsure where to post this, but there's been an idea bouncing around my head for a very long time now, and I'd like to see if anybody is interested. The idea is for a project commonly known as The Exquisite Beast. The first iteration of it I've found is by the amazing Evan Dahm and his friend Yuko Ata. The concept is that two people collaborate, taking turns "evolving" a creature to suit various habitats, slowly transforming it in strange ways while keeping previous incarnations in mind. You can find their version of the project here (scroll to the bottom): http://exquisitebeast.tumblr.com/page/11

So I wonder - would anybody be interested in trying this out with me? I'd like to get back into drawing more, and fantastic creatures is one of the areas I'd consider a forte of mine. I'm just uncertain if I should make this into an event, or how many people to involve, or what... I'm not that great at organizing, honestly. So, uh, ideas?

Yes
YES
SO VERY MUCH YES
PLEASE PICK MEEEEEEeeeeee
I'd like to see it start out as a normal (meaning currently existing) animal, and then morph into something else. But I'm up for anything! LITERALLY ANYTHING
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »

Your art is so nice, wow! I really like the colors you use, and the folds in the clothes.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
anyway i drew her again with no regrets

i tired currys coloring method but then i started hating this drawing and bs-ed it (i think half of it is just bc we draw hair rlly differently)
this is awesome
what the heck
your art is improving like FWOOM
in like a year you're going to be Da Vinci
I'm not even kidding

Yes
YES
SO VERY MUCH YES
PLEASE PICK MEEEEEEeeeeee
I'd like to see it start out as a normal (meaning currently existing) animal, and then morph into something else. But I'm up for anything! LITERALLY ANYTHING
Actually yes I forgot to comment on this earlier but I'm in!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2015, 02:11:20 PM »
aaAAA ALL YOU GUYS HAVE LOVELY ART.....i love all your ocs, i love them, im now their godparent im sorry i dont make the rules

YEHAW

CALLI WHY YOUR ART SO CUTE?!
I get the warm and happiness wherever I look at them  :D. Would you ever grace our mortal souls by perchance making a tutorial of how you achieve such a clean lineart and cool flat coloring?
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Latiep

• Gets distracted by EVERYTHING. Lurks in spare time
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2015, 02:40:22 PM »
I made some doodles on Drawpile!

I've been practicing poses recently.
Native :usa:
Learning :norway:
Is planning on learning :iceland:
Knows a bit of :france:
Knows tidbits of :germany:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »
Short reminder:

by typing [img width=xxx]http://Image adress[/img]

you can leave smaller images, which makes it easier to load for people reading on tablet. People still can enlargen your image by right clicking and showing the full image.

so this one can be sized by the number 300 to that:

Lenny left a tutorial over here.

EEEEEH so much brilliant artwork in here!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:49:10 PM by kjeks »
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #654 on: August 08, 2015, 03:15:53 PM »
I get the warm and happiness wherever I look at them  :D. Would you ever grace our mortal souls by perchance making a tutorial of how you achieve such a clean lineart and cool flat coloring?

Aha, I'm not sure about the cool flat coloring as you put it, but they don't have any special technique for lineart - they do use Sai which has inherently good lineart capabilities, but their drawings and lines are naturally just that clean and smooth :0 you should see their contour drawings, they're amazing
YEET

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #655 on: August 08, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »
KicknRun: Clearly, she just had a some temporary knockouts warning her to get it right next time...
I like your colors and lineart and how it all meshes together.  I really like the colors.  You're doing a great job.
I will also add that recently I drew a picture (copying from a photo) that I wanted to draw except I really did not want to draw it and sometimes I would sit down to start working on it and I would just sit there and look at it for several minutes until I could figure out how to keep going.  It was really hard.  I also recall Minna saying sometimes that she felt her art was awful while drawing it but once it was finished she thought it worked out, at least enough to be okay.  So I guess feelings of "This art is awful, I hate it!" and "I really don't want to work on this!" tend to come up in the process.
I really want to get his story drawn, I really, really want to get his story drawn.

Callipygous: Tristan accepts your godparenthood.

He is supremely excited because he is a poor, lonely, little orphan.  He needs a friend.
And your art, swirly, shiny hair and snazzy boots.  Also, the hood with the teeth? on it...?  I feel like he's pretending to be a shark...

Latent Leprechaun: Mysterious guy with a sword, he's definitely on an adventure.  I like the shading in both pics.  And swirly architectural details and borders?  So much fun to draw!

Now I've got to find a way to get Tristan's story actually started.  Off to draw!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #656 on: August 08, 2015, 05:14:37 PM »
Aha, I'm not sure about the cool flat coloring as you put it, but they don't have any special technique for lineart - they do use Sai which has inherently good lineart capabilities, but their drawings and lines are naturally just that clean and smooth :0 you should see their contour drawings, they're amazing
AHAHA CURRY HAS IT QUITE RIGHT i really dont think i do anything too super special with my lineart;; the only thing that may be different is the sheer amount of time it takes me -- im super picky with my lines so ill undo and draw a line over and over again until i have it exactly right LMAO i made a short lineart tut a while back but it was incredibly unhelpful - i think the only way for me to really explain would be a stream AHA;; coloring, though, if you elaborate a bit id be happy to try my hand at one :^0 and, thank you very much trinka!!

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #657 on: August 08, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »
WIP shot. It still isn't finished.

You mean, you can do even better than this?! I can't wait to see the finished work!
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Lainer3

« Reply #658 on: August 08, 2015, 08:08:38 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEE!  Beaded spiffiness!  I like sparkly stuff.  And swirly stuff.

;D
sparkly and swirly was exactly what i was going for

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »
An experiment of sorts - I took an old book illustration, scanned it and tried to colour it with the help of a bazillion Multiply layers in Photoshop:

Original lineart.

The colouring is pretty crude, I think, but it turned out to be okayish.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany: