Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404858 times)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #330 on: May 31, 2015, 05:11:54 AM »
Updated version!:

Also: Wooooow, Adrai :D 's cool :D

Edit: Adding on today's speedpaint, too - another one of the same knight:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:59:25 AM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #331 on: May 31, 2015, 05:16:26 PM »
Adrai, that looks really neat! Someday I will try 3d-modelling...

Updated version!:

Also: Wooooow, Adrai :D 's cool :D

Edit: Adding on today's speedpaint, too - another one of the same knight:

The knight and the horse seem so peaceful...

(Also, strangely/ fittingly, I had spent the weekend reading a few too many articles about modern-day jousting...)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:25:05 PM by mithrysc »

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2015, 06:45:40 AM »
it's June!
you'll know where to find me.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2015, 07:03:46 AM »
What a nice picture for my favourite month :) I really like the colour combinations and the antler harp.

Lenny, the knight and his horse look like a well attuned team. Their shadow looks great in both paintings.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2015, 06:21:34 PM »
Is that a velociraptor? I think it's a velociraptor. A large, feathered, rainbowy velociraptor.
New favourite person.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »
So I finally finished scanning in the rest of my Inktober pieces. It only took me 6 7 months...

(And of course, given the time gap, I accidentally scanned these in at a different resolution. Oh well. Something to fix...eventually)

Spoiler: some other favorites • show

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
I love them, especially the #26 :)

Ah, thanks! :)

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Posting to watch and later on post something.

If anyone has a graphic tablet, I'd recommend checking out Matt Kohr's excellent tutorial videos at Ctrlpaint.com. They are mostly about working in Adobe Photoshop, although many of his methods can also be applied to other graphical programs.

EDIT: I'll add some actual content to this post - a very old sketch I did at a boring lecture last year. I looked out of the window at the street below.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:32:20 PM by Guardian G.I. »
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2015, 09:13:27 PM »

If anyone has a graphic tablet, I'd recommend checking out Matt Kohr's excellent tutorial videos at Ctrlpaint.com. They are mostly about working in Adobe Photoshop, although many of his methods can also be applied to other graphical programs.

EDIT: I'll add some actual content to this post - a very old sketch I did at a boring lecture last year. I looked out of the window at the street below.

Ahhh I've meant to look into those! Considering I use Photoshop as well this makes it even more relevant. hmmmmm I'll watch some later tonight.

Also, that's really cool! It looks so real and the perspective looks pretty much perfect to me :o
YEET

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #340 on: June 07, 2015, 10:00:47 AM »
it's June!

I'm just going to brag because I have this calendar and IT'S. SO. NICE.

Also I've been stalking this topic and ohhh my yyyy goooodDD there's so much nice art here!! Really, I'm so impressed and I feel so motivated to draw hh ;o;

I'm going to spam you later, but first:
I realised that I have two drawings of Chinese (fire) dragons, so I just want to show the contrast.
This one is from 2010:

And here's one from August last year.

I usually draw dragons, monsters and girls. Here's a small slide I made for a presentation I held at school.

Spoiler: show
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #341 on: June 07, 2015, 01:19:15 PM »

Absolutely beautiful! I wish that I had the patience to draw something like that!
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #342 on: June 07, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »
In my art class we're doing postcard-sized watercolor landscapes, so naturally I decided to make mine Scandinavian landscapes. I'll just put the links because the pictures are kinda big.

A volcanic hillside near Myvatn Lake in Iceland: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ubu7xsLmOYw/VXTCkDcJl9I/AAAAAAAACDM/PkEvZb4zvuY/w433-h577-no/20150607_180838.jpg

A mountain and its reflection in Norway: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mArjf5dJKEk/VXTCkOytNeI/AAAAAAAACDM/6nWSqHEgh2Y/w433-h577-no/20150607_180702.jpg

And finally, Saimaa: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-zLC5qyftcQU/VXTCkBh990I/AAAAAAAACDM/nZL4ybItFoA/w433-h577-no/20150607_180820.jpg which unfortunately did not come out as good as I'd hoped, but I'm pretty happy with it because it was my first one after a year of not doing watercolor.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2015, 02:46:27 PM »
Ahhh I've meant to look into those! Considering I use Photoshop as well this makes it even more relevant. hmmmmm I'll watch some later tonight.

Also, that's really cool! It looks so real and the perspective looks pretty much perfect to me :o

Absolutely beautiful! I wish that I had the patience to draw something like that!

Thank you!
That street isn't actually that narrow - I tried to portray the distances between the buildings as accurate as possible, but it turned out to be rather inaccurate in the end.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:33:46 PM by Guardian G.I. »
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #344 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:36 PM »
Gah! I see some really beautifully drawn arts here ❤ Too many to comment on each individually  :-X

@Adrai Thell: That looks amazing o.o I've always been impressed by those who could do 3d and mechanical objects.

------

So here's something that I've finished inking today. My sorta OC Dorina, who is going to be colored by a friend~
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr