Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 405019 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2015, 10:06:49 AM »
Ahhh everything on here is so cool!! Haiz, all of your art is just. so cool where did you learn to color theory it's magic
Sigrid Marie that's enchanting! Good luck with the exhibition! I wish I could go and see it in person :P
Stefanyeah those look really cool! That is a lot of eyes ehehe
asdasdasd2 (i am 97% sure i added too many das's) those look spot on! Buildings are actually really fun, it's just... Adding people. And having the people not be hovering about a meter over the ground. Oops.
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2015, 10:24:26 AM »
Haiz, all of your art is just. so cool where did you learn to color theory it's magic

AT SCHOOL ACTUALLY
we had. so much color theory. so much

and we had to copy a painting with Special Attention on colours
I did mine after one of Van Gogh's:

(not that you'd see how close the colours match because every version of the original on the internet looks different hahaha)
you'll know where to find me.

Stefanyeah

« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »
Haiz: Great labcoat!
I also like the van Goghian study. The fluffy tree and the clouds are adorable/impressive.

asdasdasd2: I never have enough patience to to get perspective right that's why my backgrounds look the way they do. I don't even have enough patience for proper anatomy most of the time.

Stefanyeah those look really cool! That is a lot of eyes ehehe

Thank you. :)
Eeeyyyeeeess. I feel watched now. Eyes everywhere! Can't escape.
:P
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »
I feel like I'm just repeating myself when I say that there's always awesome new things in these art threads, but it's just true!
Haiz, those paintings are especially cool o:

So drew an OC Kieran from my original universe in SSSSverse. Posting it here, since he's an OC. Hnnn didn't quite turn out the way I would've liked, but oh well, it's finished. How do guns work?

Linked in case anyone wants to see it full size.
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2015, 02:58:02 PM »
Not exactly art but I was sitting down with my drawy pencils and my little sketchbook from Thailand which I thought I had never written or drawn anything in but then I opened and *poof*

SQUIGGLY LINES AND SUCH

If you will excuse me I am going to practice my non-existing drawing skillz sense of art squiggly lines.

Edit:
So.. I tried drawing Tuuri because she's cute.

I guess I'll just.. return to my practising.. (and also YES that is supposed to be her hair I'm sorry but I TRIED AND I DID MY BEST AND THEREFORE NO ONE CAN JUDGE ME i think)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:51:05 PM by wildfire »
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
Not exactly art but I was sitting down with my drawy pencils and my little sketchbook from Thailand which I thought I had never written or drawn anything in but then I opened and *poof*

SQUIGGLY LINES AND SUCH

If you will excuse me I am going to practice my non-existing drawing skillz sense of art squiggly lines.

Edit:

I guess I'll just.. return to my practising.. (and also YES that is supposed to be her hair I'm sorry but I TRIED AND I DID MY BEST AND THEREFORE NO ONE CAN JUDGE ME i think)

You are really talking yourself down; it looks just like Tuuri to me!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »

SQUIGGLY LINES AND SUCH

Edit:

It's beautiful.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »
You are really talking yourself down; it looks just like Tuuri to me!

It's beautiful.

OK I realise too late that Tuuri probably should have been posted in the SSSS-museum.

Also thank you guys! It's really motivating to hear(read?) especially since I think it's so much fun to draw, but I never felt like I got any better, so I gave up when I was about 14, and I haven't drawn since. But this forum and this fandom just - inspired me and I want to try and practice and I want to share with you my results, so here I have some other small pieces I drew just now.

I don't know what I tried to do here, I just - tried.

I knew EXACTLY what I was trying to do here, and it turned out OK. I tried to include some of the symbols Minna uses for her comic, but I know it's not symmetrical and as pretty as in the comic. Still, I tried. (Should this also go in the fan art thread, perhaps? I never do fan art so I don't know what qualifies..)

And then there's my self-insert, Iða Kristínudóttir Leifsdóttir - it turned out MUCH BETTER than expected, but proportions - what even is that? And also: how do I head? (And yes, I tried to draw her whistling but I'm not sure how clear that is..)

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:51 AM »

Looks like Tuuri escaped the Rash only to get crossed instead. :o
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
Looks like Tuuri escaped the Rash only to get crossed instead. :o

Haha, yeah, I tried to be KNOWLEDGED about my drawing but then it turned out the lined wouldn't be erased so there I was, crossing Tuuri, and I feel awful sorry Tuuri I still love you <3

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
Sigrid Marie: Your painting really captures the...uh, sense of your sister? I'm really bad at adequately explaining what I mean, but to default to things I can describe: I like the contrast between the flat pink of the dress and the realism of everything else.

Sigrid Marie that's enchanting! Good luck with the exhibition! I wish I could go and see it in person :P

Oh wow it's been too long since I checked this thread. Thank you both!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »
I drew lots of things and. Idk there was some SSSS and people's OCs so why not?
A touch of warning for possibly graphic imagery on the far left

Far left mouth person is an old OC of mine. The two doodles right on top of each other are callipygous' adorable magical boy, bun girl and cat girl are also my old ocs, and then to the far right is lots of mermaid Emil?? *shoves drawings at computer and disappears*
YEET

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2015, 06:04:39 AM »
I drew lots of things and. Idk there was some SSSS and people's OCs so why not?
A touch of warning for possibly graphic imagery on the far left

Far left mouth person is an old OC of mine. The two doodles right on top of each other are callipygous' adorable magical boy, bun girl and cat girl are also my old ocs, and then to the far right is lots of mermaid Emil?? *shoves drawings at computer and disappears*

Oh gosh these are so pretty!!!!

Curryyyyy

I love your style so much please never stop drawing

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2015, 04:44:31 PM »
Curry, those are soooo so lovely!

and hey, as a contribution to the thread:

This was seriously supposed to be a quick, simple sketch. BUT THEN. I made a bit more, adjusted the size of the canvas, made a bit more, made the canvas bigger again, etc etc until I got this monster. Jesus christ I don't even know what lines I'm supposed to ink anymore : D. And now it's huge. Oh well XD
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2015, 07:07:57 PM »
Ahh thank you guys! I will. NEVER STOP THE DRAW you guys have unleashed the monster okay it's not going to chill

Sumeri that's so pretty! :o I feel that actually. I have so many sketches where I just start doodling but then LINES and FLOWY THINGS and oops now nobody can understand it, not even me... This is incredibly beautiful though and the lines just enhance the image! I could stare at it for a very, very, very long time...
YEET