Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404846 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2015, 09:19:12 PM »
I like this. All of this. Very much.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2015, 09:23:35 PM »
This is beautiful! I'd love to see it when it's finished! :)
Piney: Your art is so freaking beautiful!! When I grow up I want to be just like you!!

Thank you! ^-^

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2015, 09:26:48 PM »
Lenny: I really like how mysterious the piece is (and it also helps I have a soft spot for 1. smoke/mist 2. maks 3. blue).

callipygous: Everything is so...clean. Lines, colors... *is in awe*

And I drew some things.

I also really like antlers.

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2015, 10:08:21 PM »
So, I challenged myself to make an OC with only two colors, this was the result. He has a cat, and loves birds

Mithrysc: I love antlers too!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2015, 02:57:06 AM »
callipygous, Piney and mithrysc: Oh my, you guys are so talented! I should have given you feedback separately, but I started, and I realized I cannot even explain what I like about art in Norwegian, so I don't understand how I would be able to do the exact same thing in a language that isn't my native language. I can say that I love the light and calm colours used in callipygous' pieces, but I also think Piney made what I believe will become an amazing piece, and it looks so good and almost a little scary. Then it's mithryscs pieces, and I absolutely adore them; if there's a story behind them, I would love to hear it, because those creatures look so cool and would fit a story with multiple realms or just a spiritual realm (because they remind me of "spirit creatures", like in The Legend of Korra. Spirits that look like animals, but don't quite fit the preferred description.. I'm not sure whether or not I've made my point clear..)

Long post short: I love all your art, oh wow, you people in here are so talented.
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2015, 03:06:52 AM »
Haiz: love them all! You've got a great variety going with them witches and familiars! Are you (hopefully yes) going to post the rest as well? Because please do!

Callipygous: that's simply beautiful. Now let me stare at it in admiration for a loooong time.

Piney: that looks brilliant already.... it'll be so impressive when finished! How long has it taken you to get this far? Not gonna lie I never got the hang of oil colours so I'm fiercely jealous to people who excel at them.

mithrysc: Aaaah I love them! Such cute creatures, and agreed antlers are awesome!

Oh Deer: super cuuute, I especially love the cat... does the same thing as one cat here in our neighbourhood that tries to sneak in through our open window from time to time and then gives me the cute open-belly attack when I tell her to get out. :D Is this OC for the SSSS or just in general?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2015, 03:09:56 AM »
Piney made what I believe will become an amazing piece, and it looks so good and almost a little scary.

Thanks, yay, I try to go for scary!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »

Oh Deer: super cuuute, I especially love the cat... does the same thing as one cat here in our neighbourhood that tries to sneak in through our open window from time to time and then gives me the cute open-belly attack when I tell her to get out. :D Is this OC for the SSSS or just in general?
It's just in general, but (I haven't thought of a name) would probably be like Reynir if thrown into SSSS. Confused, scared and adorable :3
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »
Mithrysc, your creatures make feel like watching Mushishi again :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2015, 08:20:41 AM »
oh goshhhh this thread has been revived I'm so happy. so much

mithrysc i might have neglected to comment on your super sweet style before?? your style is super sweet and i want you to know it

Haiz: love them all! You've got a great variety going with them witches and familiars! Are you (hopefully yes) going to post the rest as well? Because please do!
Thank you!!!
and I will! I've queued them all up on my tumblr to be posted at the start of every month. I'm actually selling copies of my calendar (or sold, past tense......) so I'm trying to be a liiittle secretive about them but I'm very bad at it, hahahaha

here are some ~*Previews*~

you'll know where to find me.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2015, 08:49:05 AM »
Woah! So much great art has been posted since I checked this thread, and it's too much for me to comment on every piece individually, but all of it is Super Awesome

This is a painting I made of my half sister last year, so it's kind of old, but I'm showing it at an art exhibition that opens April 25 so it's kind of relevant anyway

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
Then it's mithryscs pieces, and I absolutely adore them; if there's a story behind them, I would love to hear it, because those creatures look so cool and would fit a story with multiple realms or just a spiritual realm (because they remind me of "spirit creatures", like in The Legend of Korra. Spirits that look like animals, but don't quite fit the preferred description.. I'm not sure whether or not I've made my point clear..)[/font]

Thanks! (and thank you so much everybody else for your comments.) There's sort of a story, and sort of not, I am being so clear and helpful right now but it's still got a long way to go. Mostly I'm just drawing strange creatures that I like.

Haiz: Your inks are amazing. And so is the frog. Of course the frog. ;D

Sigrid Marie: Your painting really captures the...uh, sense of your sister? I'm really bad at adequately explaining what I mean, but to default to things I can describe: I like the contrast between the flat pink of the dress and the realism of everything else.

Stefanyeah

« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »
So many great drawings in this thread. You're all madly talented people.

I also come bearing drawings. Most of them were drawn on my phone on my way to work and are characters for fan fictions I am writing.

A seraph. With many eyes. At least the drawing app I use has a copy paste function or I'd never have finished him…

The drawing my avatar is taken from. It's a man, I just didn't feel like revealing to the whole train that I cannot draw certain aspects of the male anatomy and was hoping I could cheat with the watery effect that I kinda failed, too…

And that self-insert persona I started to develop yeeeaars ago when I first got hooked up on Sailor Moon.
Working on some SSSS-OC-self-insert thingy for her now. :D And I think after cutting her hair a while back (it used to reach down to the floor before I got fed up with it) I might get rid of the green highlights in it now, too.

And one from my iPad done with a non-pressure sensitive stylus. It was not quite a fun process, but I like the outcome.
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2015, 05:23:44 AM »
okay so there is this local tradition for high school graduates to wear painted lab coats, and my friend commisioned me to paint hers yesterday:

It's an attempt at art noveau Margaery Tyrell. Never tried art noveau style before, but it turned out pretty okay? she's supposed to be holding a tiny flask of poison but that didn't turn out as okay as the rest.

I stayed up to 3AM to paint this. painting on fabric is a chore ahahah
you'll know where to find me.

asdasdasd2

• Mostly says meaningless things.
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2015, 06:52:51 AM »
sooo, just some perspective practice.
http://i.imgur.com/FRCvsGG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8NnD9aL.jpg
the first one is a month old, i think and i just completed the second one. also, i hate roads.
English, Hindi, Punjabi.