Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404669 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2015, 02:12:16 AM »
I call this one "Tuonela":
(And I couldn't get a better picture of this one :P)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »
Oooh, that's a very atmospheric interpretation, with a nice palette. Cold and creepy!
My one-and-only: :uk:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
Oooh, that's a very atmospheric interpretation, with a nice palette. Cold and creepy!

Thanks! That's just what I was aiming for :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2015, 11:04:22 PM »
I haven't gone through all of this yet, but I thought I'd post my stuff. I am going to be a little lame and just link to my  Tumblr (starfally) and my deviantArt (starfallz) pages, the former my effort to post something every day and the latter older stuff. My Tumblr is a bunch of stuff as well as all my SSSS stuff that I've already linked. I also have an incredibly out-of-date website (starfallz.org), but it has paintings and such on it.

Also when talking to Piney on IRC the other night, we were talking about how many sketchbooks we have. So, I dug out all the sketchbooks I could find and photographed them. I also took some pictures of the contents. Old Sketchbooks

For an actual picture, here's my nengajo for this year.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2015, 06:15:09 AM »
aaaaaaa general art thread!!! *sits down* this is my home now

I drew this folklorey shapeshifter kid recently, but modern-day, like some kinda hippie jock? I just wanted to draw lotsa hair and flowercrowns and have been listening to folk music on repeat so

also here's a link to the art tag on my blog. just in case
you'll know where to find me.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2015, 07:53:20 AM »

I drew this folklorey shapeshifter kid recently, but modern-day, like some kinda hippie jock? I just wanted to draw lotsa hair and flowercrowns and have been listening to folk music on repeat so

Those are really pretty! I especially like the girl in the bottom left :3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2015, 09:12:56 AM »
Those are really pretty! I especially like the girl in the bottom left :3

thanks!!!! It's not actually a girl, I tried to draw them as really androgynous guy, but since it's a shapeshifter gender doesn't really matter. But hey, if you thought Minna's characters were hard to gender place......
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:20:15 PM by Haiz »

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2015, 03:33:04 PM »

thanks!!!! It's not actually a girl, I tried to draw them as really androgynous guy, but since it's a shapeshifter gender doesn't really matter. But hey, if you thought Minna's characters were hard to gender place......

Oh! Nah, I never had any trouble with Minna's characters. As for your drawing, I think what threw me off was the hips. I might be wrong about this, but they look a bit wide for someone biologically male

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »

I think you have great talent, and as I've mentioned before also a great style. I assume these are digitally made?

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
Oh! Nah, I never had any trouble with Minna's characters. As for your drawing, I think what threw me off was the hips. I might be wrong about this, but they look a bit wide for someone biologically male
ah heheh heh I don't really care too much about gender biology. it's a genderfluid shapeshifter kid anyway so

I think you have great talent, and as I've mentioned before also a great style. I assume these are digitally made?
aaaah thanks!!! These ones are first sketched with pencil in my sketchbook, and painted over digitally, yes.

I'm way more comfortable with traditional art, though, especially ink and watercolour!!
these are from a calendar project a few years back

and speaking of unicorns (I draw so many unicorns) I made an animation for a school project once, it's 11 seconds long and right here. It's all drawn traditionally with pencil and ink (with a quill. never again) and I spent two months on it hahahaha

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2015, 03:58:31 PM »
I love how un-horse-like and distinctive that unicorn is! I suspect that from now on, any unicorn image I see not looking like that is going to look very second-best!

I'm also impressed at the quality of the animation: you've got talent! Have you done any others?
My one-and-only: :uk:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
I love how un-horse-like and distinctive that unicorn is! I suspect that from now on, any unicorn image I see not looking like that is going to look very second-best!

I'm also impressed at the quality of the animation: you've got talent! Have you done any others?

thanks!!! I really want to go more into animation but I'm incredibly lazy so I only have this two-second snakebird test

and I'm all about distinctive unicorns

unicorn collage

lama unicorn. buffalo unicorn. reindeer unicorn. sheep unicorn.

unicorn from a zodiac-themed calendar, this is my Virgo (based on warrior virgins like Athena and Joan of Arc, and the connection virgins have with unicorns, resulting in BATTLE UNICORN) and I should probably scan that at some point eheheh

unicorn I doodled on a plane

swamp unicorn

sorry for spamming the thread I'm just very passionate about unicorns

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
Hey, those unicorns are very awesome, nice to see a good twist in a so tired design, there's something about the reindeer version I really like.

I drew this about a month an something ago.

Its some sort of a mage clothes concept

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »
Hey, those unicorns are very awesome, nice to see a good twist in a so tired design, there's something about the reindeer version I really like.

I drew this about a month an something ago.

Its some sort of a mage clothes concept

ah thanks!! reindeer are ridiculous

also yo super neat mage, I like the weapon

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2015, 06:12:18 PM »

unicorn from a zodiac-themed calendar, this is my Virgo (based on warrior virgins like Athena and Joan of Arc, and the connection virgins have with unicorns, resulting in BATTLE UNICORN) and I should probably scan that at some point eheheh
Instantly makes being Virgo more awesome!
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: