Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404749 times)

translunaryAnimus (TA)

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I make art sometimes! Too many personal projects.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/They
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #3105 on: December 26, 2022, 08:11:36 AM »
I don’t know anything about the Changeling system so I don’t know which is their true form, but the resemblance between the two works well.

The “true form” of the changelings is the more monster-y looking one. Their human form exists as something to show to regular humans so they aren’t caught and exposed to the True Fae (in this system, Malevolent beings who thrive off of causing problems)
Just one artist with too many projects and not enough time.

Fluent:🇬🇧 Learning:🇫🇮

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #3106 on: December 26, 2022, 03:56:29 PM »
It's good to see you back, TA!

And I'm glad you're going to keep developing Juha and Reynar. The fact that they have such different appearances from each other is interesting to me, and makes me wonder if they come from different species(?) or locales. I'm new to Changeling lore myself, so please pardon my ignorance.

You and I find ourselves in similar places: I have a couple of comic projects that I would really like to get off the ground, but there are other projects (some for paying clients) that get pushed to the front of the line.

A cousin of mine just sold a supplement book for D&D 5E on Kickstarter, and I have been painting the illustrations for him. It's a survival-horror supplement, which I understand to mean that the book gives players tools to tell stories that have realistic and compelling horror elements. Case in point: there will be a more complete system for working out lycanthropy, and so I get to draw fellows like this:

There are MANY images needed besides this one, so finding time for my own projects takes discipline that I don't always find. But it is fun work, so I can't complain.  :)

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3107 on: December 26, 2022, 04:53:50 PM »
Turnstylus.
And your Werewolf is most excellant
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

translunaryAnimus (TA)

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3108 on: December 26, 2022, 07:00:05 PM »
It's good to see you back, TA!

And I'm glad you're going to keep developing Juha and Reynar. The fact that they have such different appearances from each other is interesting to me, and makes me wonder if they come from different species(?) or locales. I'm new to Changeling lore myself, so please pardon my ignorance.

You and I find ourselves in similar places: I have a couple of comic projects that I would really like to get off the ground, but there are other projects (some for paying clients) that get pushed to the front of the line.

A cousin of mine just sold a supplement book for D&D 5E on Kickstarter, and I have been painting the illustrations for him. It's a survival-horror supplement, which I understand to mean that the book gives players tools to tell stories that have realistic and compelling horror elements. Case in point: there will be a more complete system for working out lycanthropy, and so I get to draw fellows like this:

There are MANY images needed besides this one, so finding time for my own projects takes discipline that I don't always find. But it is fun work, so I can't complain.  :)

Gonna go through this in chunks. It is good to be back! I've just been scattered but it's good to see I'm not alone.

-Juha and Reynir are different Seemings (types) of changelings with different Kiths (Subtypes) so they look pretty different. No two changelings are ever the same.

-commissions are always interesting! I don't get many but I'm not the best at putting myself out there.

-survival horror dnd is definitely a concept i can get behind! If i had the money I'd by the book but I'm saving up. VERY nice werewolf!

I wish you luck with your endeavours as I go about mine. There are many many more changelings involved, as well as a few vampires.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #3109 on: December 26, 2022, 08:34:47 PM »
Turnstylus I am a big fan of the dramatic pose and composition of this work.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3110 on: December 26, 2022, 08:41:34 PM »
Here is a drawing I made to distract myself.

It is an attempt to condense the main ponit of a 5 Minute music video into one image. Turned out to be complex.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3111 on: December 27, 2022, 06:13:52 AM »
I don’t think I would find this Werewolf very nice if I were to meet them! Excellent work!

Moredhel, the composition is interesting. You have gotten great with faces and expressions!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

translunaryAnimus (TA)

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3112 on: December 27, 2022, 10:25:09 AM »
Mordhel-

Nice use of colour! Red stands out well against the black hair.

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3113 on: December 27, 2022, 10:31:23 AM »
Moredhel,
Your images are very realistic.  I love how you do hair
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3114 on: December 27, 2022, 12:02:41 PM »
As I am merely copying what I see I hope the result is realistic.

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #3115 on: December 29, 2022, 07:27:18 PM »
Well done, moredhel! Your image really makes me curious as to what the music video was about. You've given the faces some volume with the shadows, so to me they look like they exist in real space, but coincidentally the flat walls behind them meet at a corner in the same place where the two heads blend together.

The faces are facing outward, which (to me) feels less guarded or confined than if they were looking inward to each other.  :)

Maybe it's suggesting a duality of personality? There's a lot of food for thought there, though - thank you for sharing!

And thank you, and TA, Jitter, and dmeck7755 for the praise! It's true, the werewolf isn't meant to be a 'fun' image, so maybe I've done my job right!

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3116 on: December 29, 2022, 08:04:42 PM »
Exactly. The Song is about the phenomenon that in case of some forms of mental problems the mind of a person feels like split in two different parts.

translunaryAnimus (TA)

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3117 on: December 30, 2022, 05:31:08 PM »

Lineup number Two! Featuring Khonsu Maglasang, Sul Rojas, Herra Pyry Kemppainen, and Iida Sundberg. Khonsu and Pyry are Vampires, Iida is a changeling, and Sul is human.

Pyry’s name is a bit of a pun based from their general demeanor towards people, because fun joke names will never be unfunny to me.

Fun fact, this image is the same size as my last one if anyone wanted to do some height guesstimations. Sul is 5’1.

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #3118 on: January 03, 2023, 02:48:58 PM »
Well done, translunaryAnimus!
You've included the sort of personal details on each person that suggest pieces of their history and/or what they value. They are colorful and relatable!

The lighter areas on Iida (hands, feet/talons, tail feathers, etc.) are filled with some abstract shapes, made from simple circles and squares. They look like windows onto another dimension, or a storm cloud of lavender geometry. Very fascinating!

translunaryAnimus (TA)

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3119 on: January 05, 2023, 01:20:36 PM »
The lighter areas on Iida (hands, feet/talons, tail feathers, etc.) are filled with some abstract shapes, made from simple circles and squares. They look like windows onto another dimension, or a storm cloud of lavender geometry. Very fascinating!

Thank you! Her lighter bits are meant to sort of resemble a sparkly "mirrored" surface, the idea being that if she held up her hand you could see yourself (and possibly other things) in the reflection.