Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404653 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #3090 on: October 10, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »
Neat! I can only also point out the hair, it looks very good!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #3091 on: October 18, 2022, 01:12:45 PM »
Good job, moredhel!

The mouth and nose shape are well done - if I were to see this person irl, that's how I'd recognize them. And if I was paying very close attention, the placement of the freckles!

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #3092 on: November 13, 2022, 04:28:22 PM »
Finished a new drawing. A little late for Halloween but the pills are slowing me down.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3093 on: November 14, 2022, 05:12:20 AM »
Very halloween! What is she?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3094 on: November 14, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »
I really have no Idea. As a shallow mind I was just caught by the optics. It is from a music video where she covers a song 'this is Halloween' I think it is from a movie I did not see. Maybe this could be a clue.

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #3095 on: December 08, 2022, 03:49:16 PM »
Very striking, moredhel! What medium did you use to create this? It looks like oil pastel.

I enjoy the variation in the tones of the skin - good job for noticing all the different colors that are playing around under there!

The red symbols on her sleeve - is that your signature?

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3096 on: December 08, 2022, 04:34:53 PM »
I used colored pencils. I do own the 12 set of Faber Castell Polychromos.

I am not so happy with the skin. Skintones are hard to paint. But I think I came closer to it with every try.

Yes the red 몰 is my signature.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3097 on: December 10, 2022, 07:17:56 PM »

This is my newest work. This is the first time I am happy for my lack of skill. Because the title is 'has been called trash by her husband'. As I posted this and the title all over the internet inclusive places where she and her husband can see it I am happy the likeness is not so good. Because in germany we have a law against publishing pictures of non consenting people. But my inner troll is howling I shoul improve and then repost it and watch that server burn.

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3098 on: December 10, 2022, 11:03:04 PM »
Moredhel,

She looks so peaceful.  Lovely image.

I love how you do hair
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3099 on: December 11, 2022, 02:45:07 AM »
Oh, moredhel, I hope a change of heart can come to treat one another more respectfully. 
Spoiler: probably not for the art thread • show
(But that brings up the question, can public shaming ever be considered respectful?  not a question for the art thread, methinks)

Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3100 on: December 11, 2022, 04:31:34 AM »
Oh, moredhel, I hope a change of heart can come to treat one another more respectfully.
I hope so too
Spoiler: probably not for the art thread • show

[quote author=wavewright62 link=topic=33.msg193267#msg193267 date=1670744707]  (But that brings up the question, can public shaming ever be considered respectful?  not a question for the art thread, methinks)
[/quote]
As my trollish attempt is publicly shaming him for publiccly shaming his wife. And as I am more a painter than a poet I can not do it wit words but I feel the urge to publish artworks that call him out.

Moredhel,

She looks so peaceful.  Lovely image.

I love how you do hair

thank you
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:45:21 PM by moredhel »

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #3101 on: December 13, 2022, 03:41:34 PM »
Because in germany we have a law against publishing pictures of non consenting people. But my inner troll is howling I shoul improve and then repost it and watch that server burn.

Thank you for posting this picture, moredhel. This is good work, for several reasons. I can see that making the picture look more like the actual woman would be sending a message to the husband and wife that making sweeping judgements about a person's (lack of) value is a mistake.

But leaving the face in the picture as a more "generic" face means that we can all put ourselves in the place of that person. Your work then becomes a statement for all of us, that we are more than the words people say about us. That's huge!

In Edvard Munch's "The Scream", that face is a symbol - it could be anybody! And so we can all look at that painting and relate to the terror.

translunaryAnimus (TA)

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I make art sometimes! Too many personal projects.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/They
« Reply #3102 on: December 25, 2022, 09:19:37 PM »
Ahh I abandoned the forums again! But i’m back with updates!

Comic ideas have been shunted to the side as i prepare to go off to college/continue my job in the meantime. Juha and Rune and Katrin are still beloved to me but my little popcorn brain keeps generating ideas with no constructed plot and i have realized i have no clue where to start with comic pages.

And i’ve joined a few campaigns for different tabletop rpgs, including planning on starting my own using the Changeling: The Lost system, set in Modern Finland. Which meansssss (drumroll)

Juha is not dead! And you get some more scandinavian/scandinavian adjacent characters!

Introducing Herra Juha Äjälainen (once again) and Reynar Háleygsson. Juha is ethnically finnish, lives in finland, hasn’t ever really left aside from his brief stint into the vauge fae world. And Reynar is Faroese/Icelandic but currently lives and works in Finland. Those big monsters you see in back are how they truly look as changelings.

I’ll hopefully be a little less dead here as I get all excited about this campaign! I haven’t abandoned my webcomic ideas completely I’m just a little scattered at the moment. What with art, job, minecraft server, and personal projects.
Just one artist with too many projects and not enough time.

Fluent:🇬🇧 Learning:🇫🇮

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3103 on: December 26, 2022, 07:39:56 AM »
Cool! I particularly like Reynar here. And being in actual human form without even baby horns will make some things easier for him! I don’t know anything about the Changeling system so I don’t know which is their true form, but the resemblance between the two works well.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3104 on: December 26, 2022, 07:41:53 AM »
No Idea what exactly you are talking about. But a very nice artwork.