Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404872 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2745 on: May 01, 2021, 09:08:43 AM »
Windy, your comic is so cute! And, uh, and maybe sad? It seems like it might end up being sad :( Can the person demolishing the church see the ghosts? I have so many questions, I hope you keep us posted on this story!

I'll try to translate it and post it when it's done! It starts out a little sad but as opposed to other works I do this'll end up more on the comfort side :D (it's always weird when my works end up not needing the patented WindyTM warning)

so I won't just post rambly posts, here's an art I did when I was bored at work:

What are hands even
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

catbirds

« Reply #2746 on: May 01, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
I'll try to translate it and post it when it's done! It starts out a little sad but as opposed to other works I do this'll end up more on the comfort side :D (it's always weird when my works end up not needing the patented WindyTM warning)

Yay! Though I would learn basic swedish just to read your comics if you didn't :P Also, it's been a while since I've read any WindyTM-covered stories, maybeee I'll shuffle through a few of them today.

Also I can see where you gave up on the hands on your self portrait, LOL, but otherwise you got down a pretty accurate setting with all the furniture and stuff.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #2747 on: May 03, 2021, 04:39:37 AM »

I did a rose again, this time in watercolor. Although there are things I am still unhappy with it turned out ok.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #2748 on: May 03, 2021, 11:03:04 AM »
It is very pretty!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2749 on: May 04, 2021, 06:26:04 PM »
Looks good, moredhel! I like the colours. If you’re ok with a tiny bit of criticism, I would suggest adding a little bit of depth to the flower itself, between the petals, by doing a darker shade of that pink color  ;)
I think you’re gradually getting better and better at watercolours!  ;D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2750 on: May 04, 2021, 06:34:00 PM »
Good idea. Now I am wondering wich shade would have been the best.

And I think I am too enthusiastic about thining colors with water. The pink e. g. was made with scarlet lake. But at least there would have been a lot of more intensive tones.

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2751 on: May 04, 2021, 06:57:02 PM »
Good idea. Now I am wondering wich shade would have been the best.

And I think I am too enthusiastic about thining colors with water. The pink e. g. was made with scarlet lake. But at least there would have been a lot of more intensive tones.

I'm a color coward. When it comes to shading, rather than choose something in the same neighborhood as the original color, I go for something completely different. It feels less risky that way somehow? And it gives some fun pop. If that were my painting, and I wanted to add depth between the petals, I would probably take a sky blue colored pencil (or possibly a bold orange one, or maybe even both) and start feathering soft lines in the deepest creases of the rose, following the grain of the petal.

. . . I have no idea what you would do if you wanted to use watercolors instead of colored pencil, though.
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi:

catbirds

« Reply #2752 on: May 04, 2021, 11:27:33 PM »
moredhel, nice rose!! I have no clue how you managed to get that pink from scarlet lake, but it must've been a lot of thinning... how much you choose to thin it out is up to you, though! Watercolour is a bit more fun when it's more watery.

Whichever colour you choose for your shadow, just make sure it's not black! And be consistent.

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2753 on: May 05, 2021, 08:35:15 AM »
Yeah, people are saying good things  ;)
My main principle with shading is that there is always a difference in the “temperature” of the part of the object, which is shaded. Where there is light, it’s warm (so, thin yellow, orange washed at the very beginning of the painting usually give that vibe), where there is shade, it’s cold (light blue washes give the best result). It might change with the texture of the object, but generally that’s what I was taught and it has not betrayed me yet.
With the flower, blue, mixed with red maybe, so almost purple, but more into red, could be good for the shaded part... Rose color is generally a cold color, so if you add a slight wash of yellow or orange to the parts that are in the light it could add even more 3D effect to flower itself  ;)
Good job with making watery watercolour. A watercolour without water is not a watercolour. I find it one of the hardest types of paint to master but I just love it. I had a very good teacher who showed me the techniques of working with it, so now it’s my primary media, when I need to color something  :))
Uh... it’s always so hard to describe colours, I usually feel the color and paint, so oftentimes I don’t even think when I do that. I see and I paint, but then when I need to figure out how I managed to get a certain shade, it becomes a problem  :'D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #2754 on: May 05, 2021, 10:35:48 AM »
Moredhel, I don't have much any experience with watercolours, but your rose is very pretty!

Today I finally finished the painting I've been spending... months, really, working on. I think I've put about 50 hours into this? Anyway, it's done and dusted, and honestly it's quite a relief just to have completed it. It's definitely the biggest project I've ever taken on.

I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2755 on: May 05, 2021, 10:47:59 AM »
Amazing, Keep! Wow! The time investment really shows.
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi:

catbirds

« Reply #2756 on: May 05, 2021, 10:50:04 AM »
Keep Looking, you made a painting within a painting???? That's… I don't have the words to describe it, you're so good with oil paints! You should be proud of this project! Aaaaaah, I want to congratulate you somehow. Throw a party or something!

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2757 on: May 05, 2021, 02:40:15 PM »
I want to congratulate too. This is a beautiful picture.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #2758 on: May 05, 2021, 02:55:08 PM »
Wow Keep! That looks really good!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #2759 on: May 05, 2021, 03:20:23 PM »
Keep, that is beautiful! Worth the effort, I’d say!  :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle:
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.