Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404744 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2505 on: January 19, 2021, 03:38:19 PM »
Thanks... that’s strange, usually when you open the website on a foreign device it automatically suggests you to translate it... are you using Google or something else? Because the translation option might be only the Google thing  :-\
(I’ll work on making a specific translation button on the website itself some time, because more and more people who do not know Russian ask me to share it) ;)
Yes, when I opened it with Chrome the browser asked if I wanted it in Russian or English. :) That doesn't happen on Opera (my main browser) or Firefox, so it's a Google thing. (And it's an awesome thing, even if one can see its limitations)
If you have some time it would be really nice to have the site (properly) translated, even if initially the stories remain in Russian.
Anyway let me tell again that you are a very talented person! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2506 on: January 19, 2021, 04:06:42 PM »
Thanks... that’s strange, usually when you open the website on a foreign device it automatically suggests you to translate it... are you using Google or something else? Because the translation option might be only the Google thing  :-\
I just checked using the latest version of MS Edge, and it offered a translation that was at least adequate (though sometimes silly). I haven't read the stories yet: just the home and about pages.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #2507 on: January 19, 2021, 04:32:15 PM »
I like the story as far as i read it. The automated translation is sometimes weird but not that bad I hope.

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2508 on: January 19, 2021, 05:10:19 PM »
Yay! yes, I really have to make a proper translation. Now I cannot make my own computer to translate the site :'D just to see what you, guys, actually see ;D
Thanks for the kind words!
I like the story as far as i read it. The automated translation is sometimes weird but not that bad I hope.
Yyh... I wonder how did it translate all the names... Goodness, I only hope Google understood me, which it might not have :'D O_O

Edit: I managed to translate it and the google translation is just AWFUL and crazy! I'm sorry, I cannot recommend reading it through this translation, it just ruined my texts. Completely! Oh, Google... I'll find a way to make a proper translation O_o
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 05:21:36 PM by Annuil »
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2509 on: January 19, 2021, 05:58:19 PM »
Yay! yes, I really have to make a proper translation. Now I cannot make my own computer to translate the site :'D just to see what you, guys, actually see ;D
Thanks for the kind words! Yyh... I wonder how did it translate all the names... Goodness, I only hope Google understood me, which it might not have :'D O_O

The names are translated horribly. Sometimes I see artifacts of a english to german translation in the names what is just weird. But the result is much more a consistent text than for polish or korean inputs.
I am sure it eliminates anything beautiful or poetic in a Text. But as my techer once said I will stay a wild troll from the woods without any sense for poetry forever.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2510 on: January 19, 2021, 09:01:00 PM »
There is some kind of readership for Russian-language stories on Archive of Our Own; I've seen several SSSS stories there.  I can only pick a stray word here and there, alas, and enough to pick characters' names, but not enough to follow.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2511 on: January 19, 2021, 09:43:58 PM »
Archive has a lot of contributions from Russian fans, both art and writing. I haven’t enough Russian to really follow (most of the little I have is the names of plants, rocks and culinary things plus terms out of folklore), but some of the art is good.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #2512 on: January 19, 2021, 11:05:49 PM »
That is really interesting, guys ;D
The names are translated horribly. Sometimes I see artifacts of a english to german translation in the names what is just weird. But the result is much more a consistent text than for polish or korean inputs.
I am sure it eliminates anything beautiful or poetic in a Text. But as my techer once said I will stay a wild troll from the woods without any sense for poetry forever.
Oh, you translated it into German? I actually got inspired after all this and wrote a few pages of “proper translation” for the first chapter of the first story, I might publish it on the website so you can at least get an example of my writing without it being damaged by the artificial intelligence :D
Thankfully art is international! So I don’t have to translate that!
There is some kind of readership for Russian-language stories on Archive of Our Own; I've seen several SSSS stories there.  I can only pick a stray word here and there, alas, and enough to pick characters' names, but not enough to follow.
Fascinating! I should look there ;) Heh, that’s me with Finnish. My sister received “the Hobbit” in Finnish translation for her birthday and I had a chance to glance into that book... I understood the word ”Hän”! which means “he/she/it” :'D
Archive has a lot of contributions from Russian fans, both art and writing. I haven’t enough Russian to really follow (most of the little I have is the names of plants, rocks and culinary things plus terms out of folklore), but some of the art is good.
Yeah, that’s probably one of the rear things that I’m proud of about Russian people, is that they draw well :) Russian academy of art truly does make them learn to draw magnificently. People usually don’t “go” through the academy of art in Russia, they “survive” the academy  :'D
And that survival makes them masters at their works.
I’m not saying that anyone else is bad in art, it’s just that Russian artists are one of the good ones (at least some of them).
(Sorry for a super-long post...)
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2513 on: January 20, 2021, 06:03:25 AM »
you translated it into German?

Google did so because google knows it is my native language.

Sevseres

« Reply #2514 on: January 21, 2021, 09:05:01 AM »
I drew this after being inspired by the comic and the fin myths!

She's supposed to be shaper (alchemist of some sorts). She's been busy saving the lost souls since some ancient evil creature shattered the barrier between the living and the dead. Her name is Tulya, and I based her off the Swan of Tuonela. She's much less grumpy though, just a bit unsocialized maybe :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:07:08 AM by nefnef »
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #2515 on: January 21, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »
Oooh, nefnef, that's lovely. I guess that's a Tuuri bird in the foreground. I think I see a kingfisher, and sitting beside it, would that be a European robin? And a titmouse hovering in the background perhaps? Obviously I don't know the European birds, I can take a stab at what family, based on North American birds, and that's about it. Beautiful atmosphere.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #2516 on: January 21, 2021, 09:42:19 AM »
Woah, I missed a bunch of great things...

Aww, moredhel, your second kitty is adorable as well! I can only second everyone´s compliments on the face. If you don´t mind me critiquing though, the legs and feet seem a bit out of proportion. I´m not really sure what it is, but something looks off... Maybe they are a bit too small? (Sorry, anatomy isn´t my strongest suit either...) Otherwise it looks great though! You really nailed the texture of the fur too!

Annuil, your picture is beautiful as well! Especially their hair looks stunning! I opened your website, but when I saw the horrible crimes against language my browser´s translator commited on just the first page I decided to not go further... But now I´m also really excited for your translation!

And nefnef, your piece is so beautiful too! How did you make those water-reflections? They look really cool! Is there a story in the works about this character?
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Sevseres

« Reply #2517 on: January 21, 2021, 10:11:21 AM »
Thank you Vulpes ! Those are all correct, I see you're a bird lover as well :D

and Mirasol, thank you as well :) For the reflections, I just flipped the layer and played with opacities/layer types/faded areas until it they looked bearable. And for the character, she's one of the side characters in a story I'll probably never get anywhere with haha :'D Other than what I already wrote about the soul saving and all, she's from this world where the sun and the moon have spirits that move them across the sky. And those spirits get tired and nap a little each hundred years or so. So some humans team up and go wake them up which is a very celebratory thing for all humans. She was one of the heroes of the last cycle which didn't end very well. It ended with sun going into some sort of an eternal coma instead of waking up, caused the planet to become tidally locked and basically brought apocalypse. After some shenanigans regarding the ancient evil creature thing, she zaps into thousands of years in the future where one side of the planet is a snowy wasteland while the other is a sunny wasteland. Oh and there are some nightmare incarnates roaming around for some reason. Anyway, she now lives isolated in the night pole and carries on this soul saving job. Hope that wasn't terribly long!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 10:23:09 AM by nefnef »
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #2518 on: January 21, 2021, 10:26:28 AM »
nefnef, that looks amazing! The sky and the reflections on the water look so cool!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #2519 on: January 21, 2021, 10:33:44 AM »
Thank you Vulpes ! Those are all correct, I see you're a bird lover as well :D

and Mirasol, thank you as well :) For the reflections, I just flipped the layer and played with opacities/layer types/faded areas until it they looked bearable. And for the character, she's one of the side characters in a story I'll probably never get anywhere with haha :'D Other than what I already wrote about the soul saving and all, she's from this world where the sun and the moon have spirits that move them across the sky. And those spirits get tired and nap a little each hundred years or so. So some humans team up and go wake them up which is a very celebratory thing for all humans. She was one of the heroes of the last cycle which didn't end very well. It ended with sun going into some sort of an eternal coma instead of waking up, caused the planet to become tidally locked and basically brought apocalypse. After some shenanigans regarding the ancient evil creature thing, she zaps into thousands of years in the future where one side of the planet is a snowy wasteland while the other is a sunny wasteland. Oh and there are some nightmare incarnates roaming around for some reason. Anyway, she now lives isolated in the night pole and carries on this soul saving job. Hope that wasn't terribly long!

That sounds like an incredible story! I love the world you´re building!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie: