Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404747 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1830 on: October 13, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
Lastly, today this

Became this:

Image: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/151739758858/chilled-tf-out
Process: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/151740256703/4-hour-drawing-in-csp-finished-image
These are gorgeous colours and lightning effects! The candle fire illuminating the tree leaves is my favourite.

Spoiler: There is one thing about this image that looks slightly weird, though. • show

The Milky Way and the trees are painted with the same brush, and because they have (almost) identical edges, they kinda make everything look flatter than it should be, especially if you look closely. Shouldn't the galaxy be a bit more blurry at the edges? Here's a similar photo, to illustrate what I mean.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1831 on: October 13, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »
Quote from: Jureeya

Bruh. This is amazing. <3 <3 <3
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #1832 on: October 13, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
Thank you so much everyone! It's really motivational to see people liking these, since I haven't done many backgrounds before this and I'm still kind of making things up as I go along

The Milky Way and the trees are painted with the same brush, and because they have (almost) identical edges, they kinda make everything look flatter than it should be, especially if you look closely. Shouldn't the galaxy be a bit more blurry at the edges? Here's a similar photo, to illustrate what I mean.

Thanks!

That was actually semi-intentional. I don't know if this is true for everyone, but when I have tons of different brush textures going in the same picture, like below, it looks much rougher and less...coordinated? organized?

So it's kind of a trade-off between flatness and coming together as well as that one does. I think when you use the same texture for the whole picture then it works much better as a whole.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:33:45 PM by Jureeya »
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1833 on: October 13, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »
Here's today's Inktober piece, I finished it before 10:00, yay! In celebration of the new Sunless Sea DLC that came out on tuesday, I was inspired to do this. I've wanted to do a piece like this for quite a while, it was fun! the waves and shading especially I enjoyed. :D

tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Athena

« Reply #1834 on: October 15, 2016, 04:22:31 PM »
Here's yesterday's Inktober piece, inspired by the following passage out of a book I'm reading right now.

Spoiler: Kinda long • show
Serpentine tails slicing the swell, mouths full of needles gnashing at the waves, spine down their backs like dorsal fins of deep tuna. Eyes as big as her fist, yellow and slitted like a cat’s. She’d seen their pictures painted on drinking-house walls, the backs of playing cards, tattooed down the arms of her countrymen. She’d thought them long dead and gone. But then, she’d thought the same of thunder tigers.
Sea dragons.

For those wondering, the book is Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff. (Second book in the Lotus War series)

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1835 on: October 16, 2016, 03:45:10 AM »
Adventures with the brown ink:

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1836 on: October 16, 2016, 06:43:12 AM »
Nice adventures Helia :) I especially like the second one.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

« Reply #1837 on: October 18, 2016, 12:44:47 AM »
Adventures with the brown ink:

Ooh, Helia, very nice!! :D

I have another Inktober piece. It's inspired/based on a few things: My grandparent's cabin where I spent many summers, The Woodsman's home from Over The Garden Wall, and bit by the Firewatch soundtrack (which is an absolute masterpiece, the game too.)

I'd like to go back and do watercolour on a few of these come November.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1838 on: October 18, 2016, 11:27:47 PM »

I'd like to go back and do watercolour on a few of these come November.
Nice, Luth! I think it'd be awesome to see some of your inktobers with watercolour, would be interesting. :3

I'm popping in today with a self portrait of sorts.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1839 on: October 19, 2016, 12:43:50 AM »
Johannabelle, I always wanted to tell you that I really love your artstyle. And your self-portrait is amazing!
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #1840 on: October 20, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »
Nice, Luth! I think it'd be awesome to see some of your inktobers with watercolour, would be interesting. :3

I'm popping in today with a self portrait of sorts.

this is so beautiful!

More Space drawings because they're so zen:

+Variant colors: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/151800099468/jureeya-i-started-these-while-eating-a

Clouds Practice:

+Variant colors: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/152014168718/some-cloud-practice-from-earlier-this-week

AAAAAnd because I needed a sample of lined landscape art for my new commission page I went back and dug out that test comic page I posted here a long time ago and fixed up the lined to color it. If you watched the stream back in August you might remember how angry I was at the first panel because I couldn't get the faces right (I fixed itttt)

+Monochrome: http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/152062089828/i-cant-believe-i-actually-went-back-and-finished

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1841 on: October 20, 2016, 05:04:15 PM »
Luth - That looks great! Nice inkwork.

Johannabelle - I always love your work, it's such a delight when you post. This looks great.

Jureeya - How are your characters this hot?! I can't handle it. (Yes I already said this but shh)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #1842 on: October 20, 2016, 05:25:49 PM »

Jureeya - How are your characters this hot?! I can't handle it. (Yes I already said this but shh)

thank you still <3

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #1843 on: October 20, 2016, 05:52:02 PM »
More Space drawings because they're so zen:

These look sooo good Juureya!
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #1844 on: October 20, 2016, 06:13:22 PM »
Jureeya Do you use a particular brush set for your awesome space paintings?

Would you be willing to share it if you do?
---

By the way here's a dump of some of the things I've drawn lately. These are all player survivors from the roguelike Cataclysm DDA

Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:20:20 PM by John Candlebury »