Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404712 times)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1725 on: August 16, 2016, 02:32:12 AM »

This counts as digital because we all live in the matrix or somthing.
I feel highly amused by this for some reason.

Anyway, I am delurking since I'm drawing again.  But first, statement of Blankety Glory: Everybody's art is fun, pretty, interesting and/or nifty!  Hurrahs for each one of you over all these months!  Because I've been spying on you this whole time...

I'm working on my Darkhumor comic again, so here's a page with no context because it doesn't need any context:

Man, I haven't had an actual piece of finished art in way too long.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1726 on: August 16, 2016, 01:37:51 PM »
Great works by everyone, as usual.
Jureeya, I'm joining the green camp.

Unfortunately most participants interest in the summer artist improvement challenge evaporated on the way, but it was an excellent idea and a great opportunity for practice. These are my last painting for it:

Rain in the city

Mountain grass

This is based on the landscape around Lake Štrba in the High Tatras, Slovakia - without the ski jumping hill, and the hotels and all the tourists...
I really like these ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1727 on: August 20, 2016, 01:36:46 AM »
I should really pop by this thread more often!

Piney: that's super cute, and the lighting looks quite nice. Did they fall asleep next to a fire?

Either a fire or a lantern, I never decided :p Thank you though! :)

I drew this today:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #1728 on: August 23, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »
Jethan, I know that feeling, "Double Great". Nicely drawn too.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1729 on: August 23, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »
I should really pop by this thread more often!

Either a fire or a lantern, I never decided :p Thank you though! :)

I drew this today:

Really nice. I love her expression, and the way you managed a smile with teeth look very realistic. Love it!

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #1730 on: August 24, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »
I have quite a few works made for either the sake of a class or at my own leisure.
This work here was for a sketchbook I had to work on for one of those classes:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1731 on: August 25, 2016, 01:22:55 AM »
Really nice. I love her expression, and the way you managed a smile with teeth look very realistic. Love it!

Ahh thank you! ^-^ The mouth was really difficult but I had a photo ref so that helped a whole lot. I've never been able to succeed in making teeth non-creepy without a reference :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1732 on: August 25, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »
I have quite a few works made for either the sake of a class or at my own leisure.
This work here was for a sketchbook I had to work on for one of those classes:

ooh, this is kinda cool! i like the design of the shield.

aight here comes one of your occasional haiz art spams

here's Kireya, one of my more neglected OCs:

and the way less neglected sparrow and greygale:

some sketchies

aaaaaaaaand then a bunch of fanart ey

Spoiler: steven universe spoiler • show

Spoiler: darkstalker characters • show

humanized dragons!!!!!! love making them

Spoiler: a whole lotta thrilling intent • show

you'll know where to find me.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1733 on: August 25, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »
Haiz ALL OF THAT STUFF IS SUPER COOL! (Thrilling Intent fanart yayyyy)

[/spoiler]
Xin. Oh my god.  :'D
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #1734 on: August 26, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »
ooh, this is kinda cool! i like the design of the shield.
Thanks for the compliment! I also must say that I can certainly enjoy your style.
Now allow my to provide a simple, mostly an outline, sketch of an idea I had for the creature his shield originated from:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #1735 on: August 27, 2016, 12:48:36 AM »
Quote from: Rhynerd
This is really cool, I like it! May I ask what it is for (or do you just make cool monster bros for fun which is also great)? :Va
Quote from: Superdark33
I love this crab and I want to protect it.
Quote from: Haiz
aight here comes one of your occasional haiz art spams
Your occasional art spams are great and I love them. And Kireya is pretty dang cool.

I shall continue my odyssey of Jhev occasionally draws a D&D character.

This is Jeremy. He likes books and I apologize for the runes, I know they make no sense and one is backwards. It was 3 AM and the internet was broken. I do not know runes.

Also Haiz this is still your fault. I have caught up with thrilling intent and I don't know what to do with life now. This is now what I do instead of sleeping.
Spoiler: show
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #1736 on: August 27, 2016, 02:40:52 AM »
This is really cool, I like it! May I ask what it is for (or do you just make cool monster bros for fun which is also great)?
That and the other fellow are based off a little pet idea I have in mind. along with quite a few other pictures.
Started during a semester of college while I was looking through some artwork online. One series of pictures made me think "What if there was a turn based strategy game where one of the units could move around parts of the grid?" After looking at another picture involving some Finnish soldiers (wish I could remember the exact names and sources). Before one of my German classes started I drew the figure on the left in this picture, and within a week or two I did the same with the other two, left to right:

After that I made a team of them in opposite colors, and also meant to sort of act as differently upgraded in the original idea:

I even tried to give them rank insignias on their backs (I reworked these idea for the sketchbook assignment for an illustration class I had during the last spring semester):

During the sketchbook assignment I expanded on the characters of this idea further (besides a little drawing on of I made sometime inbetween). At one point I decided that I wanted something monstrous that could act as a common enemy, as quite a few ideas that ran through my mind made the two team rivals instead of bitter enemies. While working with ink for one page,  an accident occurred:

I turned this accident into something useful: Inspiration for these beasts. I don't have pictures of pages involving the development but I could record them if needed.
If you want, you can hopefully see all the pictures I did put online through this link here.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1737 on: August 27, 2016, 03:42:39 AM »

Every time I see this, the words going through my head are "A sweet crab! The sweetest crab!"
Rhynerd, cool concept! The accident/troll inspiration looks really good, actually.
Haiz, I love your art spams and following you on tumblr brightens my feed!

Here's a huge dump of art from past months, mostly from the RP-ssssona thread and some for the summer artists improvement challenge. I've had art-for-story trades going with Ragnarok so it's mostly his OC Arbet. Those who frequent those places have seen all of these before :P
Spoiler: RP and Arbet • show

Arbet (and Hamlet)

Fight with dogbeasts

The RP team leaving base

Arbet and Hunter fighting in the dreamworld

Arbet mopes

The teams meet up

lobstersealbeast concept

Lobstersealbeast fight (And yes the sky is copied from the moping sketch ::)

Spoiler: Gunnerkrigg Court fanart • show

Antimony Carver

Spoiler: From the summer artist improvement challenge • show

male anatomy/back sketch

textures/bark

The background for the sealbeastfight was done with the challenge "bodies of water" in mind

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1738 on: August 28, 2016, 06:22:53 PM »
Here's a huge dump of art from past months, mostly from the RP-ssssona thread and some for the summer artists improvement challenge. I've had art-for-story trades going with Ragnarok so it's mostly his OC Arbet. Those who frequent those places have seen all of these before :P
Spoiler: RP and Arbet • show

Arbet (and Hamlet)

Fight with dogbeasts

The RP team leaving base

Arbet and Hunter fighting in the dreamworld

Arbet mopes

The teams meet up

lobstersealbeast concept

Lobstersealbeast fight (And yes the sky is copied from the moping sketch ::)

Spoiler: Gunnerkrigg Court fanart • show

Antimony Carver

Spoiler: From the summer artist improvement challenge • show

male anatomy/back sketch

textures/bark

The background for the sealbeastfight was done with the challenge "bodies of water" in mind

O_O Unlos, all of this stuff is super impressive.
I haven't posted here in a while, so... here's my own artdump.
Spoiler: comic stuff • show

These are all for the comic I'm working on now... for one page I had to draw super dangerous ultra death mountains, and my first try looked like this:

Then I realized those were calm, peaceful, boring mountains, so I tried again:

I decided these looked suitably ominous and moved on. I decided to draw one of my main characters stabbing some stuff because this is something I will have to draw eventually and I ought to be prepared.

Here are some clouds and character doodles. The clouds are the backround to one of my pages.

I found watercolor pencils!

Spoiler: more stuff • show

I went to see Kubo and the Two Strings today and it was really cool.
Beetle samurai is best samurai.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1739 on: August 28, 2016, 08:29:20 PM »
I haven't posted here in a while, so... here's my own artdump.
Spoiler: comic stuff • show

These are all for the comic I'm working on now... for one page I had to draw super dangerous ultra death mountains, and my first try looked like this:

Then I realized those were calm, peaceful, boring mountains, so I tried again:

I decided these looked suitably ominous and moved on. I decided to draw one of my main characters stabbing some stuff because this is something I will have to draw eventually and I ought to be prepared.

Here are some clouds and character doodles. The clouds are the backround to one of my pages.

I found watercolor pencils!

Spoiler: more stuff • show

I went to see Kubo and the Two Strings today and it was really cool.
Beetle samurai is best samurai.

Tr, this is a most best art dump! :D I really like those character doodles you did, especially the one of Betta(?) in the upper left corner. And the birdish(???what are words) design you did with those watercolor pencils is cool, very good color choices. Oh and I saw Kubo yesterday and your art does indeed do it justice. c:
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: