Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 401318 times)

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2145 on: March 01, 2018, 10:29:37 PM »
So, in my digital art class, out of 15 submissions, only 2 were accepted into a big art contest/show and mine was one of them!
I'm really, really excited about this, it's a really big honor and it's hanging up in the old city hall (now an art gallery) and I could possibly (not for sure, but there are good chances) win an award!

[img width=225 height=400https://78.media.tumblr.com/b131254aa7d2f368ce1f1ca510ce107d/tumblr_p4wdj1ea8u1wlzql9o1_540.png[/img]
This is a broken portrait in the style of Takahiro Kimura. (not the best picture of it, I took a picture of the printed out one, I'm going to send myself the digital copy next week)

I'm not familiar with the work of Takahiro Kimura, but I was reminded of some things Picasso did of heads shown front and sideways at the same time or somewhat jumbled.

edit well that didn't quite post right
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #2146 on: March 02, 2018, 09:50:35 AM »
 Woooooow PickleChip!!! The result is amazing!!! Congratulations on the contest!! And I hope you win the award! ^^
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2147 on: March 05, 2018, 10:24:40 AM »
Unlos, I've been following Gunnerkrigg Court too, and I'm on the edge of my seat. No idea what'll happen next, but... it's not looking too great right now. Unlike your art, that looks fantastic.

PickleChip, congratulations on getting accepted into the contest! The colors and composition are both really nice: I like how it's both recognizably a portrait and very jumbled up at the same time. The marbled-looking swirl effects around the edges are cool too!

Meanwhile, I have been thoroughly enamored with my first Dungeons and Dragons experience these past few months, and I felt that it would only make sense to draw my character, Miri She's a dwarf rogue and generally very exasperated with everyone's antics. (But secretly she likes it). She's also notoriously bad at picking locks because the dice just won't let me roll higher than a 5 on lockpicking checks unless she has magical assistance. At this point, it's become a character trait!  :'D

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2148 on: March 05, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »
Ana thank you, and aa Miri's so cute! With a nice attitude, too ;D

Spoiler alert:
Spoiler: show
It is rather dramatic in GC right now, yep. I kinda think the similarities with coyote and puppy fox will continue -  they're hard to permanently put down. I just hope that Ys in regaining his memories will also keep the characters traits that make me love him. Fingers crossed!

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #2149 on: March 18, 2018, 10:01:00 PM »
Whoops, I art-ed again. Traditional this time! And by traditional, I mean both that it's the traditional medium of pen and paper, and that it follows my longstanding tradition of drawing dragons everywhere. I watched both How to Train Your Dragon movies (again) the other day, and I just had to make dragons.

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2150 on: March 19, 2018, 03:41:57 PM »
Not a whoops at all!  I love the swooping curve along the dragon's form.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Occa

• Tumblr
« Reply #2151 on: March 24, 2018, 02:16:59 AM »
Sorry for being so absent again. Here's an art i made during a drawpile session
Native: :usa:
Trying to learn: :sweden: :iceland: :spain:

I usually have no idea what's going on

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2152 on: March 24, 2018, 02:28:16 AM »
Good stuff, Occa! I especially like your shadow colours in the white areas. This is a nice palette.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2153 on: April 01, 2018, 04:38:46 AM »
Made a female elvish blacksmith for the ao3 worldbuilding exchange:

Ref

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2154 on: April 01, 2018, 05:59:53 AM »
I can see it better here than on my tumblr on my phone.  Here I notice the order of colours along the metal - isn't that an authentic metalsmithing order of colours?  Back in the Bronze Age when I took metalsmithing, we learnt how to anneal the steel to a specific colour.  This looks like the real deal?

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2155 on: April 01, 2018, 07:32:40 AM »
I can see it better here than on my tumblr on my phone.  Here I notice the order of colours along the metal - isn't that an authentic metalsmithing order of colours?  Back in the Bronze Age when I took metalsmithing, we learnt how to anneal the steel to a specific colour.  This looks like the real deal?

Thank you! It's as real as I managed to make it - the colors are pretty much a copy of the metal on the ref pic I linked, combined with two limited palettes that fit what I wanted to make. I had fun goofing around blacksmith resource pages, deciding for or against gloves, and how to fit an anvil on a foundation, what clothes to wear and if chains on the anvil help get the ting-ting noise become less loud.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2156 on: April 01, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #2157 on: April 01, 2018, 06:03:39 PM »
I like to draw during classes Hope you guys like  :reynir:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/313751145614934016/430124746013933569/Bio.png

Sorry for the extremely bad quality... ;-;

Drawn during exceedingly boring biology class

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2158 on: April 01, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »
*hops from foot to foot and flaps hands*  LooNEY these are brilliant!!  I especially like 'Small Square 1', the second design in the rank.

And Kitty, a developing style has to come from somewhere.  (One of the best Christmas presents I ever got as a kid was 10 blank lined office pads and 6 black Flair pens.)  Are these OCs are just characters I don't know (yet)?

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #2159 on: April 01, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »
A few OCs from one roleplay I have with a friend, some random stuff, one attempt at uniform drawing and... a miko with a glaive (or naginata, I believe). I was rewatching Jackie Chan Adventures and wanted to make something equally ridiculous as that show is :P (still love it tho, good show)

Thanks <3

Also other stuff in this thread is amazing :O And in the SSSS art thread too! I love this dwarf rogue Miri! And that dragon is epic! *~*

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de: