Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 395256 times)

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #2130 on: November 28, 2017, 10:17:28 PM »
Haiz, congratulations, that is very cool indeed. Yes I'll have to find where the English version can be purchased from.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

P__

« Reply #2131 on: November 29, 2017, 04:00:14 AM »
danish?
DANISH??

i have never been more offended in my LIFE,

i jest. but it is norwegian...

also thank you! it has actually been translated to english as well, but due to forum rules as i remember them i am not posting links to any store :V
My most sincere apologies. I was a bit surprised as I didn't remember you being Danish, but in this globalized world one can work with anyone anywhere. Anyway, it seems I can't quite tell the difference properly yet... (must have to do with the fact that it's the same alphabet u.u ). But congrats anyway
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2132 on: November 29, 2017, 06:47:36 AM »
<3

if it helps with your search, the english title is 'life and lore of wondrous creatures'
you'll know where to find me.

Iceea

« Reply #2133 on: November 29, 2017, 07:56:05 PM »

Edit: Amazon has the English version on Prime. Opps, check the regular suspects, err sources. ;D

Edit2: Ordering a second copy, for myself. 1st one went to the grand kids.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:01:23 PM by Iceea »
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

Robin Williams

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2134 on: November 30, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »
Your book looks awesome, Haiz!! Congratulations!! And you're just in time, I might buy a copy as a Christmas gift for a friend, now...
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Occa

• Tumblr
« Reply #2135 on: December 03, 2017, 01:18:46 AM »

Made some album art, even though im not really planning on making an album anytime soon

Edit: Apparently it didn't load correctly? I'm not sure what happened but here it is again.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:48:41 PM by Occa »
Native: :usa:
Trying to learn: :sweden: :iceland: :spain:

I usually have no idea what's going on

Iceea

« Reply #2136 on: December 11, 2017, 06:04:12 PM »

Made some album art, even though im not really planning on making an album anytime soon

Edit: Apparently it didn't load correctly? I'm not sure what happened but here it is again.

Loading just fine now. And wow it's really cool, wish I was making an album :D

Robin Williams

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2137 on: February 21, 2018, 03:49:03 PM »
For those of you following Gunnerkrigg Court: I have found the last chapter upsetting. I wonder how it will be resolved?
After specifically looking for fanart that featured Annie and Ysengrin as characters from Princess Mononoke, I found none so I had to make one myself:

Hope you like it!

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #2138 on: February 21, 2018, 09:32:20 PM »
Very nice Unlos. And yeah the current chapter of Gunnerkrigg Court is… full of surprises.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2139 on: February 21, 2018, 09:56:54 PM »
Occa, now all you need is an album to go with it!
Unlos, once more I don't know the characters, but pretty!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2140 on: February 22, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »
Thank you, Hrollo and Róisín!
Róisín, there are in a way four characters here, and I'll try to give you a minimum if inadequate background on them: The picture I based the drawing on, is the iconic poster of japanese director Hayao Miyazakis Mononoke Hime (or Princess Mononoke), an animated film from 1997 that depicts a conflict between human settlers and the spirits of the forest. The girl San is one of the main characters, a human girls who lives with wolf spirits of the forest. The movie is well worth watching, I think, and very different from what comes from Disney and Dreamworks. Don't misunderstand, I love a lot of Disney and Dreamworks, too, but studio Ghibli is just something else.   

Some of the opposition between human technology and forest magic also exist in the comic Gunnerkrigg Court by Tom Siddel. Warmly recommended! Annie is the main character, living at a sort of boarding school in the vast and rather empty city-complex of Gunnerkrigg Court. Ysengrin is a wolf spirit and I don't think I can tell too much about him without revealing all of the story - but I love his character.
Not depicted is Coyote, a trickster god who resembles Puppy fox a lot except grown up and clever.

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #2141 on: March 01, 2018, 12:57:36 AM »
So, in my digital art class, out of 15 submissions, only 2 were accepted into a big art contest/show and mine was one of them!
I'm really, really excited about this, it's a really big honor and it's hanging up in the old city hall (now an art gallery) and I could possibly (not for sure, but there are good chances) win an award!

This is a broken portrait in the style of Takahiro Kimura. (not the best picture of it, I took a picture of the printed out one, I'm going to send myself the digital copy next week)
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2142 on: March 01, 2018, 01:58:40 PM »
wwow, that's really really cool! Congrats on being accepted, the colors and composition and also the expressions you've chosen look so good, here's to you getting an award!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2143 on: March 01, 2018, 02:05:46 PM »
Splendid splendid news!  I like the piece, too - for me the purple curly boa really makes it with the side-eye part of the portrait, and makes for a good composition.  Huzzah for exposure and fingers crossed for an award.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2144 on: March 01, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »
Picklechip, that's a really interesting portrait. Not a style familiar to me. Good luck!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!