Author Topic: (Attention all fanartists!) Art permission  (Read 53695 times)

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
Re: (Attention all fanartists!) Art permission
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2018, 10:11:12 AM »

I guess, if you could, yes, I think I have pinterest since I can see picture now there unlike before, but I can't use it at all. if you think the credits are proper, because I see nothing, it can stay.....

I actually let people repost on sites I am not sharing my art on, but there are few arts I wish never see shared elsewhere, like the commissions I have done.

Other than sigruneidee.tumblr.com being the source and your signature on the picture there is nothing crediting you. There's a kind of big "Visit" button at least though which directs people to sigruneidee, where you then linked standstillstaystylish, so if people really wanted to know who drew this they could easily find out with a few clicks.

Spoiler: ranting a bit • show

What bothers me more is that people who don't have the option to visit, because they don't have pinterest, won't find out. I did a google search, and the only image result matching the one discussed links to pinterest (also I think that google image search might be broken a bit at the moment, but that's beside the point >__>). Only if I explicitly remove any pinterest-related results I'll find links to 1) another comic of that AU on your tumblr, and 2) the entry in the art museum of this forum. So if people, say, wonder about the SSSS Avatar AU picture they heard about, they find the pinterest entry, and probably only that, and/or will look at the result on google (because pinterest does that thing where you can't view stuff if you're not a registered user -_-, just because I use it, doesn't mean I have to like it :P), and that's it. No credits found at all. But that might just bother me.[/rant]

EDIT: Nevermind, you can click on a link thing even if you're not a registered pinterest user after clicking on the image on google.

I had enough trouble recently
Spoiler: if you wanna hear • show
I drew something, really detailed, I worked a lot on it, posted on tumblr which was amazing to see how few tousand people likes and reblogged with amazed expressions on it (my follower count from 200 went to 300 at least in few days too), I also shared it on my art on other sites, including my instagram, which is barely known by people, where I did not get no any reaction, only the likes from my friends (who follow me and like every single thing I post) but someone else also posted on instagram, without any ask for me, kinda credited me, so no any arguement on that, however they got tons of love and comments, white I got like none.... like 100x more like and 50x more comments, which seems unfair, for me, the artist, who get no love but a random reposter got all the love..... I felt really bad and sad, asked them to take the picture down (they didn1t do it....) but they did a promote to my instagram at least and said sorry....

Oh wow, that must have been quite the hassle to go through... :(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:41:09 AM by Clayres »
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2018, 12:00:11 PM »
yeah, I have kinda worked up a dislike to pinterest for making it rather pretty hard to find original sources. Also stuff I deleted ages ago, due to a request from the creator, on a board I even deleted, still show up top of google searches (although I'm not sure if I should blame google or pinterest for that one it does make me feel bad)

"-pinterest" could as well be a default on my google searches!

(this doesn't mean my permission to pin/post is withdrawn. I'm aware thst by posting stuff on the internet is a way of give up control, yet I'm still doing it. I'm just not fond of pinterest anymore)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:07:11 PM by Unlos »

Cliodna

• DeviantArt
  • Celibate because I don't give a ****
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2018, 05:59:18 PM »
Hey!
I don't mind my art being shared around. If so though, please credit as either Cliodna or Cliodna Connoree and link back to my dA page ( www.cliotna.deviantart.com).
Fluent: :estonia: :uk:
Fluent if I hadn't slept through class: :germany: :finland:

Guacamikkel

• Tumblr
  • Hello there, I'm Mikkel but dipped in guacamole.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, but hey I'm partial to a vacation
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2018, 01:44:06 AM »
If you are sadistic enough to want to inflict my "art" onto more unwilling victims, then I have no problems with that...

You kiddin me?? Your profile picture and limerick are pure and beautiful  ;D
Guacamikkel =^..^=

Fluent: :canada:
Learning: :japan: :france: :finland: :iceland:
Should've learned by now: :spain:
Also: 🏁

Dan_Urios

• Digital illustrator
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
Hey!!! I don't mind at all! If you ever use my art, these are my links: Twitch (where I make artstreams every thursday), Tumblr (where everything I do is posted), YouTube (where I upload my speedpaints), Twitter (where I can be easily contacted and keep track of everything that goes on) and my Commission Chart!
Hi! My name is Dan, and I'm a digital illustrator based in Spain. If you wanna check my sfw work (like other SSSS fanart) here's my INSTAGRAM. Also, all of my social media accounts are HERE and my commissions are OPEN!

Fluent in: :es: :us: and

Learning: :de: :fi:

Guacamikkel

• Tumblr
  • Hello there, I'm Mikkel but dipped in guacamole.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, but hey I'm partial to a vacation
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2019, 12:45:08 AM »
I would love to sign up! As soon as I start posting fanart online XD would that be okay?? My main time-eater in life is gonna let up soon, so I can finally, FINALLY get around to making and posting art  XoX
Guacamikkel =^..^=

Fluent: :canada:
Learning: :japan: :france: :finland: :iceland:
Should've learned by now: :spain:
Also: 🏁

Zunzi

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2020, 08:33:11 PM »
There's no problem at all in posting my fanart, thank you very much.

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2020, 05:03:29 AM »
Feel free to share my art as well! As long as you credit me I'm cool with it! ^^
(credit either GaelleDragons on DA or gaelle_dragons_draws on Insta)

(I also post my art on Tumblr (gaelle-dragons) , but I'm not very active there otherwise, so I prefer if the credit links back to my DA or my Insta)
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Sol

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2023, 10:13:18 AM »
Feel free to add my art to the board anytime :3