Author Topic: Comics by Minnions  (Read 23893 times)

Malin

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Comics by Minnions
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »
I'm happy to see theres more webcomic people here! I got a webcomic too, it can be checked out here http://www.fjordsoncomic.com/
It hasn't been up for a long time, but I update 3 times a week so in time it's gonna grow!

I'm very impressed with the level the webcomics here are at, everyone are so good at drawing! Hope we can be webcomic buddies, and if you guys want me to link to your webcomics on my site I'd be happy to!

Malin

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Forumite-Made Webcomics Discussion Thread
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 03:17:02 PM »
Hi. I really want to make a webcomic but I have no Idea how. Could anyone help me?
I think the most important thing when starting a comic is having an idea that you are super passionate about, because then when it comes down to drawing the comic you won't lose interest over time, because I think that's the biggest killer of Webcomics.

Before I had my current webcomic, I did another one when I was younger and pretty inexperienced. I was 17 and wanted to do a webcomic about Zombies when zombies were all the craze, and I kind of rode that wave, and while that worked out fine and a lot of people were interested in the comic, I stopped after only 1,5 years because I lost interest. At first I tried to kind of conceal it as me going to college and being busy, but the truth was that I really just was tired of it.

So for your first webcomic, try to come up with an idea that is manageable for you based on your level of skill, and make sure it isn't an idea that's just a trend in the moment, because trends change all the time.

When you got your idea, the most important thing is to develop it, like drawing concepts of your characters, locations and start drafting a plot. You don't need to have everything thought out before you start, just enough to know where you're going when you're doing your first few chapters (If your comic is going to have chapters) and as your draw the pages you will probably be able to think of the plot further. Don't get stuck in this phase, a lot of people never progress out of the concept stage because they would rather draw concepts than comic pages.

But in any case, the most important thing is that you produce pages consistently and when the times comes, to be able to update on a set schedule so you can build a reader base that will trust you.

Don't worry about getting a website set up before you have a manageable buffer made up (I had 33 pages before I started updating my comic, and even that is considered a small amount to start out with)

If you want help developing an idea, I'm sure everyone here would be happy to help!

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 05:43:55 PM »
I'm happy to see theres more webcomic people here! I got a webcomic too, it can be checked out here http://www.fjordsoncomic.com/
It hasn't been up for a long time, but I update 3 times a week so in time it's gonna grow!

I'm very impressed with the level the webcomics here are at, everyone are so good at drawing! Hope we can be webcomic buddies, and if you guys want me to link to your webcomics on my site I'd be happy to!

EEEEEEYYYY I found your webcomic last month and I've been hooked since. Can't wait to see what happens! Also your art is gorgeous, especially those backgrounds :>
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »
>snip<  I for one would love to know whether your Forum name is for the Father of Singapore or Raffles the Amateur Cracksman.   :D

If anyone else would read about Raffles and Bunny, that would be Sunny.  ;)

>snip<

Beautiful work.  The Disney Touch is very solid, unless (as usual) I'm missing the point somehow.  Your lighting does Disney one better, especially the meadows.  :D  It was a lovely little binge read.  And Kaos was aptly named, and Sonja's face, going down to deal with her not-so-blessed feline.  ;D 
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Malin

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
Thank you guys for the replies. The comic's plot hasn't completely kicked off, I hope when it does it'll be more exciting!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2015, 02:59:35 AM »

Oooh nice! I love the story and your art style, plus I'm going to echo misea a little about the gorgeous backgrounds! I may be slightly addicted to the comic now. Juuuust a bit.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

taybee

• Tumblr
  • Emilalli Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 11:53:07 PM »
Ohoh! Okay I have a bunch, I know i just linked them in my intro post but i'll put them here as well-

http://tapastic.com/taybee/series

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »
Ohoh! Okay I have a bunch, I know i just linked them in my intro post but i'll put them here as well-

http://tapastic.com/taybee/series
Wow, four of them? This is just flat out inspiring, and having looked through Blackbird, I do love your style. Will certainly read it to the end.

And as a more general, you're all amazing amazing people and as of now, I'm pretty sure I'm reading all the comics posted here.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Lalliisbest

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
I'm actually self-publishing a print comic this year. My artist and I are still working on it, but we have a facebook page for it...which we're also still working on.  :P  If anybody wanted to beta-read it, I'd be happy to put up a digital copy. We need all the feedback we can get.
https://www.facebook.com/JettersOfficial/

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2016, 06:49:57 PM »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:24:11 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 10:10:34 AM »
I have my comic started few days ago
updated twice in a day

Journey to North
http://journeytonorth.uw.hu/index.php
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2016, 08:56:35 PM »
Quote from: Martti Kakkiainen
updated twice in a day

Journey to North
This looks really great, I'm excited to see where it goes!
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 06:50:00 AM »
updated twice in a day

Journey to North

Looks, wonderful, and the cast page has me intrigued ;) I'll certainly be reading this.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »
Looks good, Martti!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 10:41:52 AM »
This looks really great, I'm excited to see where it goes!
Looks, wonderful, and the cast page has me intrigued ;) I'll certainly be reading this.
Looks good, Martti!

thank you all!
and I am updating regularly twice a week now and I am more excited about the updates then any readers!

I kinda have small bugs/problems with the comments sometimes, but the site seems fine!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: