Author Topic: The Forum's Scriptorium  (Read 86800 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: The Forum's Scriptorium
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2016, 10:00:42 PM »
I would also recommend Archive of Our Own, as well. I use that for uploading stuff and it's pretty good.

Mm, true. I left it off because that site wasn't originally built for original work - there is a section for it, but it's kind of... pasted on. :Va
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2016, 12:10:04 AM »
Mm, true. I left it off because that site wasn't originally built for original work - there is a section for it, but it's kind of... pasted on. :Va

Yeah, it is designed for fanfic mainly. Still a good site though. :P
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2016, 10:25:15 PM »
Well, I already have Google Drive so submitting these through Google docs will be rather simple.

So without further delay, I present two versions of my first short story I made for a writing class:
The Bell Watchers
The impromptu second draft of The Bell Watchers
Not included is all the feedback.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:37:05 PM by Rhynerd »
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2016, 08:22:35 AM »
So, WrittenEmber and I ended up running several RPs that started with our OCs meeting at the Crossroads Inn. Now, I think I'll start posting chapters of what resulted on AO3, with her permission. Updates will be weekly on Tuesdays.

First Chapter
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2016, 10:44:26 AM »
I'd like to include the other two short stories I've made for the same class I wrote The Bell Watchers for.

The first I made a few weeks back, and it follows a much grander idea I hope to write much much more on. That being said, reviews indicate that this thing is very, very messy currently. At the very least it has ambition and a good action scene. I called it Excerpts of a Supporting Character.

The second I thought of, worked and reworked the beginning of a few times, tried and failed to make a whole piece of, and ended up just grinding (if that's an appropriate term...) out over the course of last Tuesday night, most of Wednesday, and only finished at 8:00AM on Thursday. Do note that classes started for me at 10:20AM that day, and I was supposed to have done something else for the same class as well, but failed to. Official feedback for this work is to be present to me this coming Tuesday. For now, feel free to read Rune by Rune yourself, and maybe also share your thoughts.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2017, 08:34:00 AM »
I've been working on a Fanfiction for Overwatch for a few months. Read it here I've been uploading on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2017, 09:38:30 AM »
Sounds interesting! I had wondered what had become of you. Glad to see you back.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:41 AM »
Sounds interesting! I had wondered what had become of you. Glad to see you back.

I got sucked into a new community and job. I have a horrible time keeping up with everything, but I figured I'd share the fic with ya'll since I've found SectoBoss' OW fics.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2017, 01:48:56 AM »
Four months later, and blog with the blastwave has finally updated again.

The latest post.

And if you're new to the story, http://you can start at the beginning.

Basic premise: Alternate timeline where, among other different things having occurred like the Soviet Union having not collapsed in the 90s, the nuclear apocalypse occurred in 2012 (Jesus... I've actually been writing this for 5 years), and the story follows the protagonist in "real time" as he scrimps scrapes and survives in the post-war environment having basically slept through the end of the world.

Spoiler:  verboose synopsis, yes it does contain spoilers • show

after having slept through the Apocalypse the protagonist awakens to find the world has drastically changed, and after sheltering in place for what is later discovered to be far longer than he needed to he ends up linking up with other survivors, making his way across the state of california to his hometown only to be exiled. Eventually he links up with military remnants and mobilized national guard troops who are now having to fight a chinese invasion force. He drives a tractor, helps confirm and relocated supply caches, ends up harassing chinese military on the coast before heading inland on a "secret" mission which turns out to be a spies like us twist where the team he's with is the distraction team meant to draw heat from the Chinese invasion forces while the actual team does their job.

Then the US version of the deadhand mutually assured destruction system activates ending the first "blastwave" on July fourth 2013. Also known as N-day by the survivors.

The second arc starts One year three months and twenty seven days later (though admittedly I did post filler, teasers and time displaced posts in the interim) and recounts just how the protagonist survived the second bath of atomic fire and just what has happened following all that and how much the world has changed the and fallout of the second string of strikes, eruption of Yellowstone and the emergence of magical abilities in the populace as well as the discovery of varying anomalies both in and out of the ashlands where no one but the roughest survivors dare to walk. Largely is it believed nothing is alive in the the ashlands, or further to the east but no one has made it that far and lived to tell the tale, however in the second arc the protagonist makes his way not only out of the ashlands, but ends up returning twice to the very heart of the ashlands to the now very active yellowstone caldera and discovers strange new organisms and forms of magic. The second arc closes after a timeskip after the protagonist and accompanying ecological survey team sets up camp in a temporal anomoly and one of the members ends up angering one of the denizens of the ashlands, only to be killed an remade for his trouble.

The third blastwave arc strangely enough has only just now started after a four month lull of malaise where the protagonist, more or less had nothing worthwhile to post about, however (teaser from here on out, and subject to change:) the drums of war have started to beat once more as the fledgling California Republic and Salt Lake Confederations ideologies begin to spark against each other and the military remnants known as The Order desperately try to keep the careful peace between them.... meanwhile.. ancient and timeless beings begin to make their presence known in the ashlands.

And yes, I do actually have things planned out through 2018... ish.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2017, 01:22:09 AM »
I started something here.

Solokov

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2017, 02:07:31 AM »
The latest Blastwave post is live... you could say my real life experiences in Elko nevada was a little... "inspiring" on this one.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2017, 09:14:06 AM »
I've finally got myself organised enough to start on something I've been meaning to do for ages, which is post some of my old Stargate SG1 fanfic on AO3. There's just one so far - the first piece of fanfic I ever wrote as it happens - but there's (some) more to come!

The Coffee Table of the Gods

Edit: And I've put another one up!

One Swingin' Night at the Dull Bar
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:42:36 AM by Purple Wyrm »
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2018, 02:16:23 PM »
I wrote a Girl Genius fanfic as a treat in the AO3 Chocolate Box 2018, featuriing one of my all-time favourite characters, Mamma Gkika.  Some of you may enjoy it as well:  Special Delivery
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »
Heh, I was fairly sure that was you! Thank you, it was great fun.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Solokov

« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2018, 03:20:29 AM »
Kallasar of the Iron Tiger Chapter 29 and Chapter 30 are now up. Chapter 31 is being worked on, it's either going to be a Reynir chapter or a Viserys chapter....considering I have more of the reynir chapter done, probably the first.

I'm kinda flying solo now, not so much due to an argument between writers but more due to malaise I suppose...I at least want to get the first "book" completed anyway.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,