Author Topic: Swedish language group  (Read 37004 times)

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
Swedish language group
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:28:50 PM »
:sweden: hejsan alla! solovei och jag har pratat lite om en idé att jag hade nyligen. på websidan italki kan man ofta anträffa människor och samtala på skype eller sånt för att öva och förbättra vokabulären, uttalet, och så vidare, på ett språk. men på såna gruppsamtala brukar man göra nånting tillsammans t.ex. att läsa en text eller att titta på TV-avsnitt, och då samtala om det. jag tyckte att om någon här som lär sig svenska nu vill hänga med solovei och mig och pröva det, det skulle vara kul!

:uk: hey everyone! solovei and i have talked a little about an idea that i recently had. on the website italki, you can often meet people and chat on skype or something like that to practice and improve your vocabulary, prounciation, and so on, in a language. but often what you do in these group conversations is to do something, like read something or watch a tv episode, and then get together and talk about it. i thought it might be cool, if anyone here learning swedish is interested, to try something like that out with solovei and me!
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Swedish language group
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:57:09 AM »
hmmm I looked at this italki thingie. It looks interesting, though I won't be able to take a closer look at it until 5th of february.

If only Lars had a mic :D
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »
hmmm I looked at this italki thingie. It looks interesting, though I won't be able to take a closer look at it until 5th of february.

If only Lars had a mic :D

ah, yes! the infamously reclusive lars.

and i wasn't necessarily thinking about using italki, as that's more of a place to meet people who are doing it, whereas group conversations mostly happen on skype. we already have a group of people learning swedish here, so the idea was more from my experience with italki groups rather than suggesting we use it!

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »
That sounds like a really good idea to me! So it would basically be a like a book group, but all in Swedish? I should point out though that I've literally been learning for less than a week at this point, so I may have to take a backseat role at first, and just listen to what's going on.

Armchair Survivalist

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »
Depending on time available, time zones, etc, I might be of help. My Swedish has no particular dialect. I prefer to use Skype.
Fluent: :sweden: :usa: :uk:
Understand: :norway: :denmark:
Read better than speak: :germany:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »
Depending on time available, time zones, etc, I might be of help. My Swedish has no particular dialect. I prefer to use Skype.

ohhhh yessssshhhhh :D
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Varjohaltia

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »
While my passive Swedish is decent (I read and understood the introductory post of this thread), I'm completely useless in offering more than monosyllabic active phrases. That being said, if I'm available during whatever timeslot people end up holding this, I'm certainly interested in listening in at the very least and getting more exposure.
:finland: Fluent
:usa: Fluent
:germany: Understands
:sweden: Rudimentary
:japan: Horrible

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »
While my passive Swedish is decent (I read and understood the introductory post of this thread), I'm completely useless in offering more than monosyllabic active phrases. That being said, if I'm available during whatever timeslot people end up holding this, I'm certainly interested in listening in at the very least and getting more exposure.

The more the merrier! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 10:30:57 AM »
I would love to join something like this... after I've learned to say something more interesting than "Jag dricker vatten" or "Vegetarianen äter inte kött."
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 09:25:23 PM »
I would love to join something like this... after I've learned to say something more interesting than "Jag dricker vatten" or "Vegetarianen äter inte kött."
Ohh, are you doing it on Duolingo? Those sentences sound familiar~ XD

We've gotten a fair amount of interest for this already but nobody's yet to respond with what dates/times they're available... So, people who have replied to this thread! Please post here or PM Ruth or myself with the days and times you're free :)

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 09:59:17 PM »
i can go ahead and start to let you guys know what my schedule looks like. i have classes three days a week: tuesday, wednesday, friday. weekends generally aren't optimal times because that's when i'm working, so monday and thursday are best, but i can also set aside pretty much any evening after 8pm EST, though i suspect that might be tough with folks in europe.

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »
For my part, I'm in MST (gmt-8)...  Since I have the place to myself during the day, that would work best for me. Oh, and weekends don't work for me either but during the week should be fine.

Armchair Survivalist

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 05:06:43 AM »
I'm usually online about 20-01 CET weekdays, and more on weekends. As I'm playing online games as well, it would be convenient to have a fixed time slot in order to faciliate planning of other online activities.
Fluent: :sweden: :usa: :uk:
Understand: :norway: :denmark:
Read better than speak: :germany:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:08:34 AM »
Ohh, are you doing it on Duolingo? Those sentences sound familiar~ XD

We've gotten a fair amount of interest for this already but nobody's yet to respond with what dates/times they're available... So, people who have replied to this thread! Please post here or PM Ruth or myself with the days and times you're free :)

Yep. I didn't know about Duolingo before joining this forum, but it's fun so far. :)

I imagine it will be pretty impossible to arrange a time compatible with my schedule, as I live in Japan and have a variable work schedule. Maybe once this whole thing gets underway (and after I have more vocab/grammar to work with) I'll be able to join in sporadically.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

jayen_aitch

• Herder of Cats
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
:sweden: Det låter jättetrevligt.  Om jag är ledigt jag kan försöker att vara med, men faktiskt är min problem at skriva på svenska. Det är varför jag ska ta det här meddelande på svenska, så att jag har möjligheten att ova lite.  Ofta när jag skriva någonting på svenska jag ge det till en svensktalande vän så att dom kan rätta mig, men tyvärr finns ingen nordiskt kompis med mig just nu (jag är på besök hus mina föräldrar, och dom can bara engelska och franska) så kanske allt att jag skriva är lite konstigt. Ursäkta mig.

En problem jag har är att många svenskar vill inte rättar mina svenska.  Jag tror att dom känna det är lite pinsamt att göra det, men för min del, jag undrar hur jag ska lära mig själv bättre svenska utan detta stöd.  Iaf är det mycket mer lätt för alla att ser hur mycket jag göra fel när jag skriva.  Jag föredra att prata pga det är inte lika ofta att man märker att jag ha gjorde fel, och även om man höra någonting fel det är det bara vind i luften.

Jag bör i Stockholm, men jag är ofta ganska upptagen på vardagar, även på kvällstid (jag har tränning oftast på måndag och önsdag, men det kan också vara på fredag) .  Jag undrar om det funkar bättre på helgdagar (eller veckoslut put Finlandssvenska) speciellt om det är folk som vill deltar men bo utanför europa.

Edit - Åh, men nu ser jag att det funkar inte för Ruth, glömma denna helgdagar idé.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:37:10 PM by jayen_aitch »
speaking: :uk: • :sweden: • :france: (a bit)
writing: :uk: • :sweden: (practice needed)
comprehension: :uk: • :sweden: • :norway: • :denmark:
working on: :finland: • :sweden: • :portugal: (mostly just some very specific technical terms and some song lyrics)